FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Come on guys, there is no point in comparing the games, they are totally different. One is for arcade fans and the other is for fans of simulated games. :)

Hey! I have an idea! Tell the pricks like cammeyboy to stop coming into the WE/PES forum raving about "how amazing FIFA 08 is and how fuckin shit PES 2008 is" and we can stop comparing and just let people play what we want...

we're all playing Halo 3 at the end of the day :P

Ok fair enough. i wouldn't know because i don't go into the pes thread that much at all

I think pes is a scripted beauty that is smartely made to make you feel you are playing the real thing but you realize after some time that is all about scripting. Space opens up according to a well execute scripting that makes ur team mates make stupid moves/runs.

Fifa started something new, i still feel the player model is not quite as good and that it is a bit jerky (as usual), but it gave football gamers a new life and new freedom and an excellent visual/audio feeling (seabass the audio is important, try to watch a game without crowd/chants, is it fun?)

The comparative advantage of fifa is big, from now on i am sure the serie is gonna produce excellent games. PES will have to be rewritten sooner or later.

You lot are lucky motherfuckers. I haven't even got my PS3 yet, never mind FIFA08. I can't wait. Can anyone tell me how Arsenal play ?

Just got home from work and it's here, yipee goto go out tonight though and they all love PES. I'll try my best to convert them.

cmom guys...
help tomba ;)

thanks for the support. I requested this awhile back and jack didn't post them :(

It's nuts i see pics of "boxes' and everything and its makin me cry inside

If I'm just able to see the stats and pics of kits of Legia warsaw i can at least know who i might have to start creating for them...plus it'd just ease my mind

I'm really mad you can't edit players stats. That ruins a whole aspect of realism. With Drogba and Rooney being within the 87-88 range and Van Persie with 82. Unreal. Plus, I love editing so this hits me hard. :(

I'm really mad you can't edit players stats. That ruins a whole aspect of realism. With Drogba and Rooney being within the 87-88 range and Van Persie with 82. Unreal. Plus, I love editing so this hits me hard. :(

I'm the opposite. I don't want to spend hours of every evening editing stats/faces/kits/grass. I want to buy the game, insert it into my console and PLAY the beautiful game. :)

Yes, while I don't want to make a whole team, EA could've easily allowed us to edit stats. Cesc 85, RVP 82? No way! Just because Henry left doesn't mean that Arsenal are dead team, EA think otherwise considering no important player got their stats updated, in fact some fell. I'd just like to remove that injustice.

What I've heard is that you can only edit players stats with special bought points like in FIFA07. I'm trying to get that confirmed or denied. pboreham, if you could be so kind, would you please check that out when you're playing FIFA next?

Last edited:

Got mine yesterday and I'm very happy that it feels completely different from the demo to me. I manage to score !

All you lucky people getting it today :(

Roll on tomorrow, I'm wishing my life away by wanting tonight to go by super-fast :(

I will start a Manager Mode on the World Class setting with Valencia when I get this tomorrow. I love La Liga and like to play against the "big two" (Barca & Real) rather than play with them. :)

What I've heard is that you can only edit players stats with special bought points like in FIFA07. I'm trying to get that confirmed or denied. pboreham, if you could be so kind, would you please check that out when you're playing FIFA next?

Correct. I beleive Jack mentioned that you have to earn XP-Experience Points to edit players.

You cheeky buger. :mrgreen:

Looks like I'll have to play with ManUre on PES, get the ball to Saha and dive. That's how you usually play isn't it ? Ohh no it's not, Rooney dives instead. :mrgreen:

Bahhahahahahah! We learn from the best :mrgreen: Van Persie hint hint

Alright i'm off to the gym see you all later

What has overall stats to do with the peformance of the players? Nothing!

Man if Drogba has real high offensive stats like shooting, reaction header thats all he needs then. The other for his position not so important stats are low but who need drogba as a defender right? Sow his low stats which are not so important for his playstyle pulls the overall stat down. Just think about that

Back
Top Bottom