FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

WOOOOHOO! Thanks Daniel007! It looks like they got the net animatins spot on!

That's exactly how they should bulge when the ball slams against them. Not like PES2008 nets where the ball and net just sticks all the way out when the rest of the nets stay the same around it.

EA got it right as it is in real life based on that pick. As the ball slams against the net, there should be a ripple affect through out, but the part where the ball hits should not push the net all the way out like it does in PES2008 demo.

I will set that pic as my wallpaper. Brilliant!

I will be getting both versions and stay with the faster responsive/better nets one.

Daniel007, you've made my day brother. Thanks!

Oh, and this is a pic of how the nets should bulge NOKAMI..LEARN!!!!

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/7270956_7_1.jpg

:thumbup:

Last edited:

what do you mean 5 or 6 days? You getting it early? I just had mine dispatched from Virin Megastores UK. However, I'm not sure how long it will take to get. I didn't see an option to change delivery method and they haven't responded back to my question. Oh well. Could be a short wait or a long one.

nope not early....i meant 5 or 6 days after nba live 08 which comes out on the 2nd, so im guessing some stores will be selling it by the 8th(monday)... theres aways some stores breaking the release date.(i hope) :lol:

I'm a big fan of PES, since the first game on PS2 and before...

....My Fifa 08 copy arrived today and I'm working from home:

Yeah, good game, really like it.

Animation and ball physics are really solid, shooting is excellent and having all the teams and stadiums is great.

+Be a Pro Mode, offline training is fun, makes a change.

Really good job EA, I look forward to playing this a lot this year as well as PES 2008, because I just like the style of that game, cartoony you may call it; but after all these years it's ingrained on me.

Enjoy everyone...

live 08 better than nba2k8? omg. for me 2k8 is the best sports game ever made in history. live08 demo sucked. played better than 07 but was smashed be 2k8 demo

Hey guys, great input from everyone with the full-game - thanks!

Does anyone know if the official fonts and numbering are on all the teams kits (especially Valencia) or is it the terrible numbers/lettering from FIFA 07/UEFA CL?

Can't wait till tomorrow! :)

oh my god! this game is so brilliant!!! I was Manchester United and I was playing against Arsenal (World class level) They were 10 times better then I haha but in the last minut I've scored a cheap goal and won with 0-1. I was going crazy after the goal haha

Do shopto use royal mail or some courier?

cos i got an email last night saying it should be here today but nothing!!,

and do shopto require a signiture

Mate i did not get mine either from them

oh my god! this game is so brilliant!!! I was Manchester United and I was playing against Arsenal (World class level) They were 10 times better then I haha but in the last minut I've scored a cheap goal and won with 0-1. I was going crazy after the goal haha

What version are you playing? and do you love the nets? ;-)

Can someone please have a kind heart and take a pic of legia warsaws kits and player stats. I have to wait til the 10th to play this :(

He just comes in to cause arguments

notice how he just quoted something and didnt say anything himself, he is looking for a rise out of someone

because i havent played the game. Notice how you write 2-3 weeks ago that there are a huge difference bewteen good and bad players in fifa...and now the review say the opposite.

Just incase anyone wants to know, the PS3 version is definitely region free. I am in the UK playing on my US console and its fine. :)

They do require a signature mate

I think that depends on how anal your postie is. My postie just delivered it through the door (even though I was in, they didnt know).

It was also sent recorded.

Our postie often just posts stuff like that. You might get lucky!

I have just noticed a really cool thing about FIFA 08 from my friends list on Xbox Live: When one of your friends is playing a match it tells you the score of the match they are playing in. Nice little touch I think. :)

Just had my first game on World Class Derby v Forest and beat them 2-0 :)

They didnt have a shot, an OG and barnes scored. The difference was massive between the 2 teams, they kept giving the ball away and there own goal was down to bad control. I had no problems ;)

The response is very very different compared to the demo, it is alot more loose and its seem like the players are faster because of this

Even in the Derby Forest game Tyler and Gray had a chat out the rivalry between the 2 :)

Awesome game so far, now to Liverpool vs Everton to see what the better teams are like

Old news, check few pages ago.

Joypad review pes 2008: 7

CVG fifa review: 7.2

Fifa leads 1-0.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom