FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

ONE MAJOR QUESTION BEFORE I GO OUT AND BUY IT- on the xbox 360 controller are sprint and change player assigned to the triggers LT and RT or not?

On default, LB is assigned to change player and RT is assigned to sprint. These can be changed though!.

Thank You guys. Two football games for me this year. FIFA 08 and PES 2008.
:)

How the hell do you set up games against friends ?

All i seem able to do is set up games against random online plebs!!!

just phoned the mrs at home, she said it's arrived!!

gameplay didn't let me down, will have a sesh tonight

lovely jubbly

Another review up at cvg from xbox 360 world. 7.2 out of 10.

Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=172753

They pretty much say the presentation and graphics are top notch but the game has become to much of a football sim. Making the game extremely hard and removing any fun in the game. But they ended by saying the game is slowly closing up on Pro Evolution Soccer.

Another review up at cvg from xbox 360 world. 7.2 out of 10.

Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=172753

They pretty much say the presentation and graphics are top notch but the game has become to much of a football sim. Making the game extremely hard and removing any fun in the game. But they ended by saying the game is slowly closing up on Pro Evolution Soccer.
LOL the cry because fifa is a real football sim now :lol::lol:
Wasn't that the reason why PES always got high scores because of the realism :lmao:

Anyway guys what to do, mine PS3 version of Fifa08 getting stuck everytime after playing a match in managermode? change it for a new one or not?

Then there's the ball. It looks like a football, but when you punt it, strange things begin to happen. It's almost like playing in Zero-G at times. Additionally, because every player essentially feels the same, your capacity for tactics is castrated.

gosh man, everytime i remember that i go nuts dude....
this is problaby going to be one of the longest week in my life :(

It's pretty bad I thought the wait was going to be ok with maybe getting nba live 08 before it but the videos(I mean "actual" videos of the retail game) look so-so, so dropping 60 on that and then fifa 08 isn't a good plan...

Ahhh what to do Ahh yes finish the album!

I like the gameplay in FIFA 08 very much, but besides from that, there's really some stupid things I don't like. For example, you can't even edit names for players, so when playing with Fiorentina, I have to play with Andrei Murgu (Adrian Mutu). And the formation editor should have been integrated into the standard formation settings thingy, like right before you go to a match, like in PES. I was playing with Lyon, and because Juninho was listed as a Left central midfielder instead of an attacking midfielder, his overall stats were only 81, and not 85 which is what they would have been if I could only move him 2 metres up the pitch. But to do that, I'd have to go back to the menu's, into the formation editor and change it there. Ridiculous. There's just so many small things like these that f**ks this game up.

It's pretty bad I thought the wait was going to be ok with maybe getting nba live 08 before it but the videos(I mean "actual" videos of the retail game) look so-so, so dropping 60 on that and then fifa 08 isn't a good plan...

i thought i wouldnt be touching live08 this year, but now ill, gotta play my C's dinasty(the pride is back baby!;)). (wont be long though...about 5 or 6 daysm until fifa arrives):)

Get 2K8 instead.

I like the gameplay in FIFA 08 very much, but besides from that, there's really some stupid things I don't like. For example, you can't even edit names for players, so when playing with Fiorentina, I have to play with Andrei Murgu (Adrian Mutu). And the formation editor should have been integrated into the standard formation settings thingy, like right before you go to a match, like in PES. I was playing with Lyon, and because Juninho was listed as a Left central midfielder instead of an attacking midfielder, his overall stats were only 81, and not 85 which is what they would have been if I could only move him 2 metres up the pitch. But to do that, I'd have to go back to the menu's, into the formation editor and change it there. Ridiculous. There's just so many small things like these that f**ks this game up.

You can edit the formation within the 'match' screen. There is an option for Edit - think it is Triangle.

Then loads in the editor - sure I was waiting to start a match...

does that means romanian players are unlicensed?

Could anyone comment on the powers quote? Can't stronger player defend the ball better and ronaldo-likes do solo runs easier and so on?

i have been converted from pes to fifa.. really liking fifa this year and have not even given pes a chance because it feels very wrong now, because fifa feels so right

anyways being used to the button config on pes, i am using new alternative, what button config are you guys using, and can i tweak the button config even further to how i want?

also what settings have you got, are you using manual at all, i.e manual shooting, assisted passing etc etc

i have been playing the demo with assisted but which settings are best to start playing from. are you all going manual?

there is probably a perfect mix of them

Could anyone comment on the powers quote? Can't stronger player defend the ball better and ronaldo-likes do solo runs easier and so on?

i think most people here has him on their ignore list...

well i totally disagree with that comment by playing the demo 1000 times.
i doubt the full game would be worst.

Back
Top Bottom