FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

game came in the post about errr 30 mins ago.

Loaded up newcastle vs sunderland right away - loved the commentary for the match and even though i lost 1-0 i loved it.

Just trying a be a pro match now as Torres (liverpool vs everton) and had a freaky AI team mate goal go in.

BUT... it was brilliant!

I had the ball on the edge of the box and was holding the jostle button to keep by back to goal and the defender off me - instead of turning and shooting as i was trying to - i passed the ball out to the outside corner of the box and Gerrard knocked a long cross in - i ran in, jumped for it... completely missed it - the keeper who ran over to me seems lost for a second and the ball bounced past us both into the far corner.

It sounds a bit of a glitch fest but it just looked so real - like the keeper really did expect the header and came out and jumped ready for it... but then it flew past me and he couldn't react fast enough.

way to early to say if i LOVE the game or if its the best footie game ive ever played - ive not touched online, manager mode or challenges yet.

But the early feeling is its at least up there with the best footie games ive ever played.

-

Nets - ive not managed to smash a goal in yet - sunderlands was a side foit past the keeper and the liverpool was a keeper/player cock up.

DAMNIT ANSWER THE PHONE! :spid:

Deep breaths ...

Mate, they were doing that earlier.

I've got my mate picking it up for me now to save me the journey (he's already in town) - as soon as he confirms the pick up and I'll you know how much it's cost.

Noticed a couple of people have had a go with the Old Firm.. how's the player likeness? Any real faces, or just closely accurate generic ones?

The lack of sponsor is a bit of a disappointment, considering Liverpool get Carslberg.

Mate, they were doing that earlier.

I've got my mate picking it up for me now to save me the journey (he's already in town) - as soon as he confirms the pick up and I'll you know how much it's cost.

Cheers mate! I've got Rainbow Six Vegas (PSP) to give to CEX for £10 cash, which will give me the money to get FIFA. But my test finishes at 4.30pm and I doubt I'll have time to get to town, CEX and then the Chip Shop within an hour from Garston :(

Hmm wonder if Gamestation will break release with the Chipshop selling early?

Edit: They said they wont break unless a big shop breaks or if they get the go-ahead from management :(

Last edited by a moderator:

I got it finally. But I am at work so I wont be able to play it for the next 4 hours.

I went to 4 shops this morning.

first one told me that they have received all versions but the ps3 version. OMFG
second one told me that due to a delay they wont have it before november WTF
the third one said they will receive it tomorrow. LAME
the fourth one said : 69€ plz :)

i have one complaint.

In be a pro mode you can call for a pass, through ball or tell your teammates to shoot.

But you cant ask for a lobbed pass - i dont think.

I sent the ball out wide - ran into the box, asked for a pass and thats what the AI did. They PASSES the ball along the ground from the wing to the back post area... which was useless!

Looking in the manual i cant see anything about a lobbed cross - so it makes me think asking for a pass makes the ai give you either a ground pass or a lobbed pass depending on what they decide to do.

So if it is impossible - it would be nice for them to give us the option of L1/LB + :x:(A) = ask for a lobbed pass ---- and ---- L1/LB + :triangle:(Y) ask for a lobbed through ball

The Games Company haven't got it yet and they expect to have it tomorrow :(

Good luck with FC Brussels Gerd ;)

What is the difference between 'Be a pro' and 'Arena player,' anyone? They sound similar.

"Be A Pro" is controlling a specific player during a game, Arena is the playground at the main menu stage.

Be a pro is a carreer mode with one fixed player.
Arena player is the player you can use to train with while waiting till your game is loading...it replaces the loading screen...

I actualy think PS3 looks better, but X360 plays better/flows better. Do you prefer PS3. for me the anologue on PS3 is difficult

I prefer the ps3 version because of the slightly more responsive/faster gameplay. I don't have any problems with the ps3 pad or the analogue. I have played pes6 on 360 for a year and have played we2 up until pes5 with the analogue of the ps2 pad. I like both controllers but if I had to choose i'd probably go for the ps pad.

I can understand why ppl would prefer the 360 analogue stick. The ps3 stick feels a bit loose but i guess it's all a matter of getting used to.

I'm using component cable for both of them.

I'm gonna buy a component cable for my ps3. I'm curious if it will have an effect on gamespeed and sharpness/jaggies.

Cheers mate! I've got Rainbow Six Vegas (PSP) to give to CEX for £10 cash, which will give me the money to get FIFA. But my test finishes at 4.30pm and I doubt I'll have time to get to town, CEX and then the Chip Shop within an hour from Garston :(

Hmm wonder if Gamestation will break release with the Chipshop selling early?

Edit: They said they wont break unless a big shop breaks or if they get the go-ahead from management :(

My mate just called - £55!!!!!!! i'm going for it anyway.....

Well, the postie dropped of my copy this morning, jsut as I was leaving for work, so I quickly dashed back in and played one match. Very enjoyable. Can't wait for tonight to give it a prooper work out.

Wow, that's quite ridiculous! I'll wait less than 24 hours to get it £15 cheaper I think :)

I don't blame you - they're obviously taking advantage of the situation.

I bet it'll be £40 by Saturday!

Ah well, got my evening planned now - my wife is gonna laugh her t*ts off when she hears how much I've paid!

I don't blame you - they're obviously taking advantage of the situation.

I bet it'll be £40 by Saturday!

Ah well, got my evening planned now - my wife is gonna laugh her t*ts off when she hears how much I've paid!

Laugh? You sure you don't mean scream? :lol:

Oh my God - can't belive what I've just seen in the Pro Evo thread for PS3:

"First Review in...

Official PlayStation Magazine UK: 9/10"

WTF!!!!

Where can i find the complete list of stadia???? And how many are unlockable??? (damn u pes, 10 real stadia and 5 fake ones is a joke!)

Can we have mor info please Noted.

What are those nets like mate.

Why wow?

C'mon mate lets hear it:applause:

It's amazing. The nets are much better than in the demo. Not as loose as in Pro Evo but I think that's more realistic. They wobble all over the place when you smash one in though. I've played 3 games so far, the 3 derbys: Arsenal v Spurs, Man City v United and Liverpool v Everton (night game). I'm so impressed with this game. It's the same as the demo which is brilliant with slight improved response times and I'm loving it. Even on world class difficult I'm finding it fucking hard. Lost 1-0 to Spurs, 0-0 in the Manc derby and won 2-0 against Everton with Liverpool. It was a close game though and one of my goals was a Gerrard rocket :D

I havn't even touched online, manager mode, tournaments, Be a Pro or Challenges. That's what I love about it. There's SO much to do I can't wait to dig deeper into this game \\:o/

Off to play some more :D

EDIT: I noticaed night games look a bit different now. I can't put my finger on what it is but does anyone with the game agree with me. They look darker and more atmospheric or is it just me? Anfield looked unbelievable at night

Oh and one other thing I dont think has been mentioned - the 'Be A Pro' mode - you can be ANY player from any team.

I was under the impression it was Prem only!

Oh and just played online - was superb - lost 1-0, but even better than against the CPU!

Where can i find the complete list of stadia???? And how many are unlockable??? (damn u pes, 10 real stadia and 5 fake ones is a joke!)

Taken from http://www.fifasoccerblog.com/

* Allianz Arena
* Anfield
* BayArena
* Camp Nou
* Delle Alpe
* Emirates
* Stadio Azteca
* Stadio De Las Artes
* Mestalla
* Vicente Calderón
* HSH Nordbank Arena
* Millennium Stadium
* Old Trafford
* Olympiastadion
* Parc des Princes
* San Siro
* Signal Iduna Park
* St James' Park
* Stade de Gerland
* Stade Velodrome
* Stadio Olimpico
* Stamford Bridge
* Veltins-Arena
* Wembley Stadium
* plus FOUR GENERIC STADIA (for lower-league matches)

Guys, I have a question for you. I'm just about to send my copy of the game back because of the no english commentary thing. Apparently they will only sell games with englsih commentary in english speaking countries.
My question is; I am going to buy the english version of the game, from wich internet store should I order it? Wich will send me the game the fastest? I live in Sweden.

FUCKING DIXONS CAN SUCK MY BALLS!!!!!

"Yeah I have just come to pick up FIFA 08 which you said I can pick up today"

"Sorry sir its been delayed until the end of October"

What the fuck are they on.

Gonna get it from ASDA tonight and ring in sick tomorow :lol:

Back
Top Bottom