FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Jay, what errors?

I didn't notice anything in the demo, I am sure I'll be able to deal with it.

The sponsor issue is annoying, although it's the governments fault, not EA's..

Couldnt resist another go!

LA Galaxy v Houston Dynamo

Wow, I love it even more! Much better level than English League One and it showed. Houston pulled me apart and I lost 3-0.

Beckham really shone - plays like he does - all over the pitch. You could tell he was a better class than anyone else.

You will not fail to be impressed with this game. The engine is unbelievable - so clever, players making runs, pulling defenders outta position, linking the play.

I love it!

OH, You can upload replays now (takes an age - I'd say about 5 mins - converts it to FLV on the fly).

The online side is good, once you go through your account etc, you get access to football news - but really nice is uptodate stats - i.e. the Prem league table, top scorers etc. Real nice...

9.5 out of 10 for me - game deserves awards.

Just played my first match (on legendary, 12 minute game).

Celtic 0-3 Rangers

It was good fun but 2 of their goals were because of really big goalkeeper mistakes. I hope I was just unlucky or that Boruc had been out on the piss the night before.

Also, no shirt sponsors for either team, that's dissapointing.

I just lost 1-0 to Celtic in my first match, really enjoyed it! Nice to be able to play for more than 4 mins!

I noticed the sponsors too.

check liverpool on your disc mate. maybe due to sensorship as both old firm are carling eh?

Liverpool's sponsor is there mate, I checked after I noticed it wasn't there for Rangers and Celtic :)

Off to play some more!

I ordered my copy from Game (thanks p-dogg). Probably dispatched tomorrow and recieved on Monday. Fingers crossed.

Does anyone know if there's an option to choose an default stadium for teams that don't have an original stadium in the game?

Does anyone know if there's an option to choose an default stadium for teams that don't have an original stadium in the game?

I'm sure I read that you couldn't change the stadiums for teams?

Anyway, progress report for the less lucky of us out there.

I called my local Game AND Gamestation just now and both are insisting that they are NOT selling until tomorrow. The independant store I called earlier in the week who said he would sell today is constantly engaged!

I ordered my copy from Game (thanks p-dogg). Probably dispatched tomorrow and recieved on Monday. Fingers crossed.

Should it not be dispatched today for delivery tomorrow? That's what I'd expect, although Royal Mail may have something to say..

The post office is rubbish: they cannot deliver a first-class package before 11.30, gah.

Looking forward to the game, thanks for those impressions, Leyton Orient etc funny. I quite fancy playing as Palmieras, think they have a very cool kit?

Rooney is my Arena Player
I think i'll change them weekly.

How can you change arena player pleas tell me, can't find the option!

Btw i played the xbox360 version of fifa08 by a friend of mine and NO differents at all compared the PS3 (my console) in graphics, but gameplaywise i think it runs a little bit better on the PS3 but that's a personal opinion!

How can you change arena player pleas tell me, can't find the option!

Btw i played the xbox360 version of fifa08 by a friend of mine and NO differents at all compared the PS3 (my console) in graphics, but gameplaywise i think it runs a little bit better on the PS3 but that's a personal opinion!

Think its in 'My FIFA 08' then towards the bottom of a big menu, says "SELECT ARENA PLAYER". Like I say, looks like you can choose any player in the game!

Anyway, progress report for the less lucky of us out there.

I called my local Game AND Gamestation just now and both are insisting that they are NOT selling until tomorrow. The independant store I called earlier in the week who said he would sell today is constantly engaged!

OK,I'm on my way to town to get it from this place as they've just confirmed they'll sell it to me!!!!!:

Chipshop 2000
9, Slater St, Liverpool, Merseyside L1 4BW Tel: 0151 708 0022

They take your name and phone number then they'll put one to one side for you. Won't be able to play it 'til tonight though but at least it saves having to go out early in the morning.

OK,I'm on my way to town to get it from this place as they've just confirmed they'll sell it to me!!!!!:

Chipshop 2000
9, Slater St, Liverpool, Merseyside L1 4BW Tel: 0151 708 0022

They take your name and phone number then they'll put one to one side for you. Won't be able to play it 'til tonight though but at least it saves having to go out early in the morning.

How much are they selling it for?

I just bought the game in Brussels...first time since 1999 that i bought a FIFA game...courtesy to mr Jack Bauer and his bloody weblog and his f*ckin great review...well i finally can play with my favourite team, the abysmal FC Brussels...
But i think the first few weeks i will play with big clubs...just to learn the game...
About the arena player, i read in a review that if you play "be a pro" ,the player you have chosen to play with will also be the arena player...in that particular review it was Cesc Fabregas and they loved it (contrary to another review which stated that the Be a Pro mode sucked)...

Didn't even ask mate!

I'll be going down in the next hour. I'm desparate enough to pay up to £50 for it.

I'll have to see if I can borrow £10 off my parents til tomorrow assuming its £40 there. The phone is engaged when I try to phone and ask the price.

OH MY GOD!!! - just how good is this game!?.

It betters the demo in so many ways. What really impressed me is how different the game plays when you play a smaller team. I was Everton (on Pro) and played Walsall. I was gobsmacked how different the game played giving that FA Cup 3rd round feeling. Quite simply stunning.:applause:\\:o/

Still engaged! I think they've taken the phone off the hook :(

If I play in Old Trafford I see a black strip in the goal sometimes and a green shadow on the players if they're playing in the shadow... somebody?

Back
Top Bottom