FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Do you guys play online with all assist on or not?

And what about managermode?

I do because it's to hard for me yet to set everything on manual.

Last edited:

i got it i played it and its fucking brilliant, nothing beats playing as man utd at old trafford, it is sensational, goodbye pro evo, goodbye!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCKING DIXONS CAN SUCK MY BALLS!!!!!

"Yeah I have just come to pick up FIFA 08 which you said I can pick up today"

"Sorry sir its been delayed until the end of October"

What the fuck are they on.

Gonna get it from ASDA tonight and ring in sick tomorow :lol:

They probably think you're talking about PES :lol:

Do you guys play online with all assist on or not?

And what about managermode?

I do because it's to hard for me yet to set everything on manual.

Manual for everything for me. I don't want the CPU helping me, I want the satisfaction of a great pass or goal just down to me :)

Be a pro isn't a career mode - its just basically friendly matches to practise the mode ready for the online patch and ultimately for the fifa 11 vs 11 tournaments EA are trying to get working in time for the next world cup.

5 vs 5 online will just be the 2nd step towards that (the 1st is this offline training)

Aye.

I also asked in WHSmith and Gamestation.

There was a new assistant in Game fit as a butchers dog she was, so I refraned from asking her. :mrgreen:

Coward :D

I'm resigned to going to town tomorrow, I'll just spend all night on these forums reading everyone reviews and building up my anticipation :)

Oh my God - can't belive what I've just seen in the Pro Evo thread for PS3:

"First Review in...

Official PlayStation Magazine UK: 9/10"

WTF!!!!

Its obvious the Official PS mag would give it a high score, its probably the PS3' biggest game at the minute so there is no chance of them scoring it any less

Its obvious the Official PS mag would give it a high score, its probably the PS3' biggest game at the minute so there is no chance of them scoring it any less

Just goes to show how you can't listen to reviews.

What a sad state of affairs - remember "Zzap64!" for example - don't remember them being biased.

Bring back the good old days....

Just noticed that there are still some referee whistles missing when the ball goes out for a throw or half time. It don't happen all the time, just seems a little odd thats all.

After extended play in the game's manager mode, I thought I should report the following two issues that I do have with it, that spoil the otherwise-perfect illusion a bit.

Because the simulation part of the game seems so random, you end up with teams like Aston Villa top of the table after ten games and Man Utd down at the wrong end. And if you ever reach a cup final, it's likely that you'll be playing someone like Luton, or Plymouth, with the last of the Premiership teams knocked out a month or two ago.

The financial part of the game needs a look at as well, with transfer fees vastly under what they would be in real life.
Players like Stewart Downing are transfer-listed for £2.7m when in real life, such a young talent would fetch over £10m. And players such as Fabregas earn around £70k-£80k a week in real life - in FIFA 08 he earns £25k a week, which is a long way short (less than half!).

anybody experienced the same ?
It would totally ruin the single player modes for me...

Shopto can suck my balls.

Still dont have it. Off to a shop i go.

Glad the PS3 one plays a good game.

It's amazing. The nets are much better than in the demo. Not as loose as in Pro Evo but I think that's more realistic. They wobble all over the place when you smash one in though. I've played 3 games so far, the 3 derbys: Arsenal v Spurs, Man City v United and Liverpool v Everton (night game). I'm so impressed with this game. It's the same as the demo which is brilliant with slight improved response times and I'm loving it. Even on world class difficult I'm finding it fucking hard. Lost 1-0 to Spurs, 0-0 in the Manc derby and won 2-0 against Everton with Liverpool. It was a close game though and one of my goals was a Gerrard rocket :D

I havn't even touched online, manager mode, tournaments, Be a Pro or Challenges. That's what I love about it. There's SO much to do I can't wait to dig deeper into this game \\:o/

Off to play some more :D

EDIT: I noticaed night games look a bit different now. I can't put my finger on what it is but does anyone with the game agree with me. They look darker and more atmospheric or is it just me? Anfield looked unbelievable at night

Thanks matey, I know its a tad sad but the realistic nets are a big factor in scoeing so I am glad to see them move like nets now.
I think I will pick my copy up tonight at midnight ASDA ready for the next day and then I hav a week off work\\:o/

hi guys, as many of you have got the game, would you please be able to upload some pictures of west bromwich albion from the ps3 version so i can see how they look next gen ... much appreciated thanks

just got my copy on ps3 from small shop in luton have to say well impressed with it,
if anyone wants info i will see if i can help
must say nets look alot better than demo

Lol - nah, she's sound. I'll just give her a sweetner at some stage with a present of similar value to that I have been ripped off :-)

No need to be hasty mate chill. I mean you can wait a day or two and you'll have the game for a very, very long time. It would've been worth it if you're getting it a month before release. Just chill ;)

just got my copy on ps3 from small shop in luton have to say well impressed with it,
if anyone wants info i will see if i can help
must say nets look alot better than demo

could you upload some pics of wba please mate?

ONE MAJOR QUESTION BEFORE I GO OUT AND BUY IT- on the xbox 360 controller are sprint and change player assigned to the triggers LT and RT or not?

Back
Top Bottom