FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Nice one Jack really good article :)

500 editors from Sweden, Argentina, Germany, Turkey, Czech Republic, Mexico, Switzerland, Scotland, South Africa, etc. working on collecting accurate data. We have about 20 researchers scouting and evaluating players just from the Spanish leagues.

:shock:

Really love that:
"Gameplay
Refined controls and AI make this a more physical game. FIFA fans may be disappointed that goals are harder to come by, but that just makes them all the sweeter when you do score."

Really enjoying the game now, been playing for two days solid, at first I was playing Xbox 360 and PS3 version. now solely focused on Xbox version. It's much better, Every game has been brilliant and all the guys love it. However, my only gripe is the goalkeepers. In the demo, we didn't see errors or goalkeepers that let the ball roll past them, yet in the final game it's in!
I just want to know if I increase the difficulty will the this make the goalkeepers less prone to make mistakes?

just been told by local gaming store that its been delayed here in melb!

Does anyone here from melbourne know where i can get it?

My copy should be arriving at my Mum's school anytime soon! Got it sent there as no one will be home to sign for it! :mryellow:

Snoop try Tesco i know a few people in the past that have had a quick peek in the draws under the shelf of games took the game out and gone and paid for it. You could get arrested though i suppose, or you can goto a 24hour store thursday night?

The midnight option isn't an option. I was on the phone to my girlfriend last night saying how crazy some people are to get up for a midnight launch of Halo 3. I'd look REAL crazy if I went to Asda at midnight after saying that :)

I nearly got a copy at my local Curry's yesterday, the girl looked in their stock but it wasn't there. I reckon if it was there, I'd have got it :(

Snoop, the closest I got was a guy in HMV, Speke telling me they had 138 copies in stock but he couldn't sell any 'til Friday.

I did the midnight thing at Asda once for Pro Evo 5 - had to queue for about 20 mins there were so many people!

Got home, had about 2 hours play, went to sleep then had to get up for work - felt like crap all day.

I think if I can't get it during "normal" hours today then I'm gonna wait 'til 9am tomorrow.

Who's gonna be the first to break the news on here today for getting their hands on a copy over the counter......???

When I asked in HMV, some tall guy with glasses laughs and says "We've got it in stock and we're playing it now, but you can't play it til Friday" and went off to one of those machines they have out that customers can play on. Tit.

Asda Hunts Cross is 24 hrs isnt it? I might go, not tell the gf, and then pretend I went tomorrow morning when she asks :)

Asda Hunts Cross is 24 hrs isnt it? I might go, not tell the gf, and then pretend I went tomorrow morning when she asks :)

Lmao! I bet I end up doing the same too - might be worth checking with Asda first though as the til for games and cd's won't be manned by default at that time of night.

I had to go to Aintree last time as that's a "mega" store or whatever. If that's the case then Huyton might be closer for you?

Huyton is a huge trek for me. Couldn't be bothered with that. I'll give Asda a call later and see if they can sell it at midnight, otherwise I'll go to town tomorrow morning first thing :)

Ok guys , this game is absolutely amazing.
Yesterday I played the french retail version for about 7-8 hours with a friend of mine and now I can't get enough :p

As soon as you begin to learn the right timings for making dribbles/passes/headers you can play amazing football.
I have set everything in manual ( except passes in semi ) and in the beginning I had a very hard time making an on target shot :p
But now when I score a goal with a shot I go nuts ( like "Luca Toni" :p ).

The stadiums are amazing , and the variety of teams is stunning!

The king is dead , long live the king ;)

Is there anyone here who actually owns the ps3 and the 360 version?

I tested both versions at my friends house, who also has a plasma TV (I have a panasonic, he has a bad ass pioneer), and we saw the same differences:

- the ps3 version is more responsive and a bit faster, and allows for tighter control over your players and the ball
- the 360 version seems slightly smoother (framerate)
- the 360 version really looks a lot sharper and has less jaggies (much better AA compared to the ps3 version).

I don't suppose there could be a difference between the UK and EU Fifa DVD's / BR's right?
I tested it on a pioneer plasma and on a panasonic plasma and noticed the same differences.

This game is great :shock: said from a former PESFAN anti FIFA dude, but hell yeah i like this game \\:o/

This game is great :shock: said from a former PESFAN anti FIFA dude, but hell yeah i like this game \\:o/

Congrats on admitting FIFA is better :applause:

What's happened to all the guys getting their copies delivered t're all playing it, come and give us some impressions! :D

Nomis1, I see you playing it! ;) Impressions! Even if you've gave some already! :D

Cammey, could you do me a favour and see if Gamestation break release too? At least if they don't but someone else does, I'll bounce down to GS and hassle them :)

Is there anyone here who actually owns the ps3 and the 360 version?

I tested both versions at my friends house, who also has a plasma TV (I have a panasonic, he has a bad ass pioneer), and we saw the same differences:

- the ps3 version is more responsive and a bit faster, and allows for tighter control over your players and the ball
- the 360 version seems slightly smoother (framerate)
- the 360 version really looks a lot sharper and has less jaggies (much better AA compared to the ps3 version).

I don't suppose there could be a difference between the UK and EU Fifa DVD's / BR's right?
I tested it on a pioneer plasma and on a panasonic plasma and noticed the same differences.

I have both, but I feel the Xbox version is better, I'm thinking the controller is better. you think the game runs better on PS3?
IMO nets look better on PS3 what you think?

Back
Top Bottom