FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Regarding the language/commentary questions,

I think you can choose a language for the menu's and a separate language for the commentary. I chose language and then later also got a question/audio settings, which language i wanted for commentary. So im assuming you can have alternatives.

@ Jack, how close are your ties to EA with regards to anwsers? Im really wondering whether EA will release a english text update/patch so i can view all the menu's in english. ATM i can only choose spanish, dutch and swedish. Dutch is fine to understand, but it really takes something away from the atmosphere for me. Otherwise if they arent gonna give the option of downloading/updating the menu text ill have to ring the shop and see if they have an english version. I can stand commentary in real life, so im glad i can turn it off in the game so i cant really comment on how it sounds. However for the dutch guys evert was a bit "heavy" when naming players. Puyol was just passing it around the back and the weight of how he was saying his name was more if he was pushing up field entering the oppositions half. Anyway, heard it twice and have since then never had any commentary again.

360 version btw

Last edited:

Those with limited options in the languages, are you playing on 360 or PS3? One could suppose that with Blu-ray they could cram every goddamn language into the disc right?

Can anybody confirm if there are player differences?? By that I mean is Pirlo's strengths AND weaknessed noticeable, yet he is better than say Flamini at what he should be (passing touch etc.) Also, I would be grateful if Fifa Soccer Blog managed to post screenshots of the player values so I can edit them accordingly :)

I'm in the good ol U.S and Aye(Borat voice)

man it stinks.. I should live in europe with more like minded people:(

no one is stopping you :), relax bro, you realize that we get everything else earlier then them under the sun? i think you can give them there footy first :)

LOL @ gomito, just having a joke :D

I wouldnt mind emigrating to the states actually. Holland is pissing me off, and has been for a couple of years now. Just maing sure i finish my degree first before i hopefully f$%koff out of here :D

I don't know... I mean i have Bioshock,NHL08,Skate to play but i just NEED Fifa 08!

im in the exact same situation with nhl 08...but now its evan worst..i sold my 360 premium, and bought a brand new elite, that wont arrive here until friday...

we need fifa08!!!
it hurts to see people playing it or waiting for it on friday, while well only have it in 2 weeks.

I'm in New York and mine is on the way from Game so you shouldn't have a problem. I assume you had already selected Royal Mail as shipping, if so then at the Checkout Delivery & Payment screen make sure you've got all the fields marked with a red *(asterisk) filled out:

- Did you put in the credit card expiration date?

- Did you select the card address country as United States?

Also be sure to use the special Promo Code GETUPANDPLAY to save an additional £5!!

I did everything you are saying. However, what do you mean by card address country? Do you mean billing address? If yes, then I did that too. I just tried again and it tool my back to filling out everything again. ARGH!!!

im in the exact same situation with nhl 08...but now its evan worst..i sold my 360 premium, and bought a brand new elite, that wont arrive here until friday...

we need fifa08!!!
it hurts to see people playing it or waiting for it on friday, while well only have it in 2 weeks.

The funny thing is the videos from jack show proof that the game is
the best soccer/football simulation ever made...

PES200? yeah OK

LOL @ gomito, just having a joke :D

I wouldnt mind emigrating to the states actually. Holland is pissing me off, and has been for a couple of years now. Just maing sure i finish my degree first before i hopefully f$%koff out of here :D

move to california, manhattan beach or santa monica, santa barbra. or san diego... its not like real life out there.... always 80 and sunny

really??
thats really weird.. i m sure i saw a video in youtube showing some tricks on the current gen version, and in the end they showed palmeiras vs. internacional..both had licensed kits...

can someone with the game please confirm this for us?

i'm also worried about this... Fluminense, Internacional and America are apparently unlicensed :eh:

Can you post the link to this video?

Can anyone answer me if Borussia Dortmund have their new sponsor on the kit?

Old: only a colourfull "!"

New: White background with purlpe signs "Evonik"
thx

No joy :( Tried PC World, Currys, Comet, HMV and WH Smith. Either didn't have it or wouldn't sell it :(

The funny thing is the videos from jack show proof that the game is
the best soccer/football simulation ever made...

PES200? yeah OK

dude, i felt that by the demo...the demo makes me feel as i did when playing WE on psone...absolutly fantastic.
(although imo WE2000 U-23 still the best football game ever, offcourse by the time it was realised.)

man i feel your pain.. im actually rooting for u to get the game now m8!
;)

Hehe cheers :) My only real hope now is either MJP getting two copies or someone breaking release tomorrow, so I can go to the shop where I have my credit note.

man i cant find it anymore....
but i can confirm now that in the pc version they are NOT licensed :(

sad to not have Inter and Fluminense (this one may not be well known outside Brazil, but you must admit it's going very well in our National Championship with the best player of the championship so far! :))

Well people on one hand i really feel down because of the modest pes 2008, on the other hand I am glad that some europeans are developing our game in an excellent way. Well done Joe Booth.

p.s.

He is european isn't he?????

Well people on one hand i really feel down because of the modest pes 2008, on the other hand I am glad that some europeans are developing our game in an excellent way. Well done Joe Booth.

p.s.

He is european isn't he?????

He's a Leeds fan, I'd have to say he is :)

sad to not have Inter and Fluminense (this one may not be well known outside Brazil, but you must admit it's going very well in our National Championship with the best player of the championship so far! :))

yehp tiago neves is great... i just saw a picture of fluminense kit in the PC version, its a all dark red shirt with a little green detail on the shoulders. looks nothing like the real kit... more like the third one.
well at least the players have real names and inter kits look a bit like the oficial ones.

pic , thanx to master w11
imagem1ey0.jpg

Last edited:

Im from round liverpool too and have been cheekily watching Snoops efforts to get the game :D. Was gonna come down and get a copy if you did! Ah well, im waitin for mine to come from amazon, i had £40 of vouchers so im paying didly squat :D

Im from round liverpool too and have been cheekily watching Snoops efforts to get the game :D. Was gonna come down and get a copy if you did! Ah well, im waitin for mine to come from amazon, i had £40 of vouchers so im paying didly squat :D

I've been voyeur'd!:shock:

Back
Top Bottom