FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

360 mate. The nets are better in the full game. In some stadiums they are colored. (red-white-black or blue-white-black) it's nice ;) But the physics are not that close to realism, but it's oke haha

Sweeeet! this is good news mate..at least they somewhat improved them.

Without a doubt, Football Kingdom's nets are by far the best ever. No one can and will be able to surpass them..not even the new PES2008 nets which I am still not convinced with judging from the demo.

I guess I'll go with the 360 version then.

Tesco's, now there's an idea. Might take a trip to Asda and see if I can trick someone there into selling it to me. There's also a Choices there too, though I reckon they'll say no to me. And I didn't go into PC World the other day, I'll try there too.

Just contacted the swedish shop I bought it from. He tested the game and came to the same conclusion as I did. He has contacted EA, apparently they were suprised aswell. They are going to fix this and I will be able to trade my copy in for a new one. Now I just have to make sure that the disc looks good when I return it. :)

Dude, the commentary is just not on the disc because of lack of space.

So how are they going to fix it?

I bought the English version. EA just doesn't understand there are actually people who want commentary in a foreign language. They think everyone is like the French/Italians/Spaniards.

I used to enjoy listening to the Spanish commentary on PES :)

It also seems that if you change the commentary language you need the change the text language too. So it's even crap to play with Spanish commentary.

I know this is a crazy question, but since some of you guys are in the UK, could you help me out with my Game order? I am trying to use to credit card here in the US to order it to the US but it just keeps asking me to enter my information. Anyone got any ideas about that?

The dutch commentary is bad Evert and Youri.

(Voor de Nederlanders, persoonlijk vind ik het commentaar slecht, wel iets beter dan voorheen maar steeds weer zo goedkoop opgelezen. Denk dat ik maar uit Engeland ga bestellen want dat commentaar is gewoon superieur)

Tesco's, now there's an idea. Might take a trip to Asda and see if I can trick someone there into selling it to me. There's also a Choices there too, though I reckon they'll say no to me. And I didn't go into PC World the other day, I'll try there too.

hey, Snoop, you sound so desperate mate!

I even tried begging my customer account manager at PCWorld in Aintree for a copy - he reckons they're not getting them in until tomorrow and still they will not be able to sell even 1 copy. He said they've had Halo 3 in stock since last Friday and a member of staff was dying to play it but wasn't allowed until today.

I'm gonna try Speke and Hunts Cross (HMV, Asda) tonight.....

I know this is a crazy question, but since some of you guys are in the UK, could you help me out with my Game order? I am trying to use to credit card here in the US to order it to the US but it just keeps asking me to enter my information. Anyone got any ideas about that?

I could help ya with making an account then u just log into it ?

mail it to someone on here then they can send it to you also... thts quicker...

I could help ya with making an account then u just log into it ?

mail it to someone on here then they can send it to you also... thts quicker...

lol not a good idea to give your account/card details out.

If game.co.uk arent working try a different site mate. Are there any US residents who have imported the game who could refer this guy to a site that would ship to the US?

lol not a good idea to give your account/card details out.

If game.co.uk arent working try a different site mate. Are there any US residents who have imported the game who could refer this guy to a site that would ship to the US?

I had a purchase setup through ShopTo but they said it would be 7-10 business days. By the time that got here, I could get it in the US. I went with Game because sweetkilla already has his shipped and on their site it says 4-6 buisness days. So I could possibly get it a week before release here in the US. That is worth it to me.

I apprectiate that. I actually have an account created. It just won't let me check out.

you check out my post above they may have some ps3 copies as im guessing thts what ur after as thats region free.. so ye i think they do and they ship via ups so comes asap

The game looks great, but I really hope someone can find a fast and easy way to make players/created players better! As you cant give players the stats you want and you cant change the faces for those players that looks ridiculous way off from what they look like in real life. Witch means you need to create the players if you want them to look like their real life self, and the stats they should have.

Edit: You cant do the "traits" trick anymore to alter their stats :(

I even tried begging my customer account manager at PCWorld in Aintree for a copy - he reckons they're not getting them in until tomorrow and still they will not be able to sell even 1 copy. He said they've had Halo 3 in stock since last Friday and a member of staff was dying to play it but wasn't allowed until today.

I'm like a crackhead :)

Nah, I'd just like something to do tonight and tomorrow night when I know everyone else will have their order through from ShopTo etc :( I'm getting off my train at Liverpool South Parkway and will head to PC World, see if they can do me any favours. After that, I guess I'll jump the 82 to the retail park and try all those shops (Curry's, Comet etc)

www.play-asia.com

ups delivery will get to u in 2-3 days...

and its cheaper to pay for but the shipping makes the price the same as the uk

I have ordered from Play-Asia before but they say they don't get the game till Oct. That could be Oct. 9th since they are in Asia. If that's the case then I can get it here in the US. DO we know if they have them in stock right now?

Can't wait to get this game on the ps3...
For those lucky already with the game, is it real that the World Club Champions Internacional de Porto Alegre and the Fluminense (brazilian teams) aren't in the game?

Like I said, try Halton Lea...You'll see:8):

Just had a text my FIFA will be with me in the morning woohoo...get in :)

Anyone up for a thrashing by Leeds United ;)?

Last edited:

I have ordered from Play-Asia before but they say they don't get the game till Oct. That could be Oct. 9th since they are in Asia. If that's the case then I can get it here in the US. DO we know if they have them in stock right now?

Virgin Megastore uk site

my friend from the usa said he bought it from there and its 4 days shipping time....

Like I said, try Halton Lea...You'll see:8):

Difficulty getting there by public transport :( I'm too busy during the day to attempt a bus there after I'm done :( If I don't get it tonight, and I can't get it from town tomorrow, then I'll be outside Gamestation at 9am on Friday hehe :)

I'm in New York and mine is on the way from Game so you shouldn't have a problem. I assume you had already selected Royal Mail as shipping, if so then at the Checkout Delivery & Payment screen make sure you've got all the fields marked with a red *(asterisk) filled out:

- Did you put in the credit card expiration date?

- Did you select the card address country as United States?

Also be sure to use the special Promo Code GETUPANDPLAY to save an additional £5!!

Back
Top Bottom