FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

What's the deal with this Charlie?

Grow up or ship out, I'd say.

Last edited by a moderator:

Has anyone played the PS2 version?
I'm intrigued by IGN's review, as graphics aren't everything to me.

Just got the game and the game is so great!
But one thing did really make me mad!
It says on the box that the game got swedish AND english commentary, but when I start the game I can only choose between swedish, dutch and spanish! No Martin Tyler and Andy Gray...I don't know what to do. I guess I could send it back since they are lying on the box.

Just got the game and the game is so great!
But one thing did really make me mad!
It says on the box that the game got swedish AND english commentary, but when I start the game I can only choose between swedish, dutch and spanish! No Martin Tyler and Andy Gray...I don't know what to do. I guess I could send it back since they are lying on the box.

Change the language of your machine? Worth a try...

I think you are misunderstanding me. I'm talking about the box that the cd lies in. I don't know the word in english. Is it called the cover maybe?

P-dogg//

How do I do that?

I gather most folk are getting this for the 360 then?

I havent played the pes2008 demo yet and although I was disappointed by fifa 08 I'll probably still buy it - I hope they fix some of the issues I have with the demo :)

I'll still buy pes as well though, I just hope that playing fifa for a month doesnt spoilt it :P

Yeah, brunnoce it's shit but I also quite like it because it makes you want to win things so you can buy all the kits, balls, arena players etc. Makes it more interesting

Last edited by a moderator:

I think you are misunderstanding me. I'm talking about the box that the cd lies in. I don't know the word in english. Is it called the cover maybe?

P-dogg//

How do I do that?

Not sure mate, I thought you were saying the game has no English commentary although the box says it does. Is your 360/PS3 set to English?

Not sure what you mean to be honest.

Sorry.

Keep it on topic guys, no flaming each other.

Back on topic:

Yeah, I agree with Noted, earning points to unlock new things, and arena players is a good way to keep playing. I think I will be motivated by the actual 360 Achievements too. Though winning each league will take some doing!

Keep it on topic guys, no flaming each other.

Back on topic:

Yeah, I agree with Noted, earning points to unlock new things, and arena players is a good way to keep playing. I think I will be motivated by the actual 360 Achievements too. Though winning each league will take some doing!

Good, i made a couple of nasty comments i agree. I take them back.

Not sure mate, I thought you were saying the game has no English commentary although the box says it does. Is your 360/PS3 set to English?

Not sure what you mean to be honest.

Sorry.

Yes thats what I mean. The box says it has english commentary but it doesn't. My 360 is set to english. I guess I'll just send it back. Can't believe this...when I finally got the game!

Buy the English version and get it shipped to you??? Other people in Europe are saying the same, it seems silly to have left it out but I guess it'd save some disk space.

Charlievolano, sorry for being arsey, I had no reason to be :)

I don't understand the big deal with commentators. The first thing I do in PES is to mute them, they're so repetitive. I guess it's because people only watch football in front of the television and not live in the arena that they are so in need for commentary? Or do the same people complain when they're in the arena that they don't have a commentator behind them constantly talking crap the whole game? I'm sorry... I just don't like commentary, real life or in game.

I don't understand the big deal with commentators. The first thing I do in PES is to mute them, they're so repetitive. I guess it's because people only watch football in front of the television and not live in the arena that they are so in need for commentary? Or do the same people complain when they're in the arena that they don't have a commentator behind them constantly talking crap the whole game? I'm sorry... I just don't like commentary, real life or in game.

I disagree, my pes6 changed the day i put the fifa commentators in it. It feels more exciting. I like when the chants become noisy and u can't hear the commentator, reminds of football in the 80es when audio wasn't so clean.

Pdogg no problem, i started it so i take most of the blame. Some flames here and there can keep the forum alive!!!

Buy the English version and get it shipped to you??? Other people in Europe are saying the same, it seems silly to have left it out but I guess it'd save some disk space.

Charlievolano, sorry for being arsey, I had no reason to be :)

Just contacted the swedish shop I bought it from. He tested the game and came to the same conclusion as I did. He has contacted EA, apparently they were suprised aswell. They are going to fix this and I will be able to trade my copy in for a new one. Now I just have to make sure that the disc looks good when I return it. :)

WEtongelre, how are the nets, and for what version are you playing it?

360 mate. The nets are better in the full game. In some stadiums they are colored. (red-white-black or blue-white-black) it's nice ;) But the physics are not that close to realism, but it's oke haha

Back
Top Bottom