FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

it takes fifa 07 and improves on it so both

fifa 07 was lag free 9/10 times this is better and theres no slow down in the 10 matches i have played online so far... all unranked

Good to know, althou anything better than the konami farse i have playing for year on line is gonna be good!!!!!!!!

I experienced some stuttering in 2 out of 3 matches but it wasn't that bad. The game is a bit slower so it's not a big problem. I currently have a slow 1.5 mbit connection and the guys i was playing did not have 3 green bars but two red bars. I guess/hope playing guys with green bars will result in a lagfree experience.

I got it yesterday for the 360, still have to got used to it after playing pes for 3 years.
Pitty I bought the Dutch version with realy bad Dutch commentary.. Is there a way to get English commentary? Or do I have to order a English version somewehere.

Thanks

The only thing that still seems a bit off to me after watching the full match videos is the way the ball reacts when passing. Even after performing a simply short pass it bounces tremendously.

Can someone comments on this? Is the amount of bouncing dependent on your timing, direction and player skill..or do you have no influence at all at playing a nice smooth pass?

edit: Suprisingly this is especially evident in the liverpool match. I guess Players are more under pressure thus the purity of the pass seems to decrease.

Well, perhaps it just takes some getting used to, but do consider I am not comparing with PES but to my own experiences. So I am quite happy actually that the ball bounces around more and players really have to take effort to control it, but with some of the sort passing things seem a bit exaggerated.

I noticed this aswell when first playing as barca and then as liverpool. The ball seemed to bounce more and it took slightly longer to get control with liverpool. I guess its to do with the match and the player stats. Ive also read that it is also to do with the pitch, although it makes very little difference, its still there (the degrading lower league pitches).

IGN Australia review Quote: Indeed, playing at Old Trafford at night in the rain is a mesmerising experience. Fog lights filter down onto the pitch and a dark gloom hovers around the sides of the ground. Compare that to FIFA 07 - where playing at night simply involves seeing the sky dark as it pans around the stadium - and you'll see how much effort the team has put in on the environments.

But there isnt any weather effects in Fifa 08, is there?

Anyway first review from a well respected french game magazine gave pes 2008 a 7. I think slowly we see that the general mood is changing and people are moving away from the stereotype "pes always good fifa always bad". This pes is so and so, this fifa is good. That's it.

most of us can see that

but because we are pointing out the faults of PES we are labelled anti-PES or Fifa fanboys

all i want is a decent footy game, i have no ties to EA or Konami what do they matter to me

Some people are just braindead :)

most of us can see that

but because we are pointing out the faults of PES we are labelled anti-PES or Fifa fanboys

all i want is a decent footy game, i have no ties to EA or Konami what do they matter to me

Some people are just braindead :)

I am also like that, I mean they are big companies making hugeprofit, i am a buyer, i want a good game for those damn 60 euros. I don't get all that fanboyism at all.

For me. i choose to see the videos as proof that this is the best soccer game ever. Forget 2009 or 10 this is it people this is it

IGN Australia review Quote: Indeed, playing at Old Trafford at night in the rain is a mesmerising experience. Fog lights filter down onto the pitch and a dark gloom hovers around the sides of the ground. Compare that to FIFA 07 - where playing at night simply involves seeing the sky dark as it pans around the stadium - and you'll see how much effort the team has put in on the environments.

But there isnt any weather effects in Fifa 08, is there?
No :) They may be talking about current-gen FIFA though.

If not... Give them a bollocking.

Any news from ShopTo yet? Still showing as 'Pre-Order' :(
EDIT: Just had an email, they're shipping today. So it will be with you tomorrow morning. :)

Last edited:

What a fucking bell end!

Just been to Dixons and asked the lady behind the counter "Do you have FIFA 08 in stock yet?"

She went upstairs and returned with a sealed shiny new copy.

"Thats £39.99 sir"

"Great" I replied and handed over the cash looking smug.

Next news some little snotty knobber walks over....

"Lynne you cant sell that untill Friday"

What a fucker I might wait for him outside at 5:30.

Just checked and my order with Gameplay has been despatched! It's 1st class post so it's all down to good ole Royal Mail as to whether or not it arrives tomorrow.

I see Jack has anwsered them all, but an addition to the fatigue question. Like Jack said, your players are dead by game two, ive had to upgrade the condition/training module in the office of the game so now they have atleast a quarter fitness after every game. Anyway, i noticed the opposition was pretty dead aswell. Played one match and their strikers were making quite a lot of runs int he first half. Needless to say, by HT they were all knackered and with my defenders still having a little bit left it made the second half a bit more confortable.

I also noticed the home/away difference straight away. Although what i noticed was how my team was "up for it" at home and decidedly more timid away. This was pretty clear with at home my wingers, strikers making a lot of runs in to space and my midfielders making themselves availeble to passes, whereas away they played very much like the away side, taking a more "wait and see" approach and making less runs and generally being more causius(sp?). I havent noticed the ref's yet, at all, as the games have all been fair and the responses from the ref to tackles correct so far.

Sounds good. Glad to hear the cpu players actually tire, unlike "the other game" where they get faster and more energetic towards the end of every fecking match!! Just like real life :roll:.

What a fucking bell end!

Just been to Dixons and asked the lady behind the counter "Do you have FIFA 08 in stock yet?"

"Thats £39.99 sir"

basically go to dixons and just hope a supervisior aint there to ruin the f****ng day

What a fucking bell end!

"Thats £39.99 sir"

Probably a PES fanboy not wanting you to enjoy yourself. When you get him a t 5:30, untuck his shirt....that'll learn him!!

What a fucking bell end!

"Thats £39.99 sir"

Thats harsh!! At least you got further than me yesterday :-)

I think it is best going to a non games shop (Where they sell a variety of things) as you may get lucky.

Cammeyboy - so near yet so far!

A shop will break tomorrow and it will all be fine - they usually do. HMV if I remember correctly do it some times.

Anyway if anybody in North and East london get the game from somewhere - let me know.

Cheers.

I HAVE THE GAME REALLY NICE VERY SMOOTHER THAN THE DEMO NON STOP PLAYING FOR 3 HOURS BUT NOW HAVE TO GO FOR WORK :( CANT WAIT TO COME BK TO PLAY IT THEY HAD 5 ON THE SHELVES here in MALTA!!! (such a small country but we have the great things b4 :p

Jack/Others - Recently purchased a 360 in anticipation of this (and PES to be honest, i'm still a believer but the believe is almost dead) and have played the demo a lot. Now I kind of suck at it, but that's to be expcetd, new system, new controller, new game all that. I've seen something thins answered on your excellent blog site, but my biggest concern wasn't really addressed:

It seems like the CPU can pretty much tackle you whenever they please in the demo, whereas I literally spend half my time stalking after them, trying to get the ball. I'm not sprinting, and I try to use jockey, but almost every goal scored against me is the same, CPU runs down the wing, I kill myself trying to stop the cross coming in, but they manage to somehow because I can't tackle them, and then poor helpless Vidic in the centre gets outjumped by some tiny Mexican centre forward.

Just have my fingers crossed that this gets easier, cause it's the onyl thing wrong I've found to date :)

Unlucky Cammeyboy :(

I think bbbyxbb has got the right idea in saying to go to a non-games specific store.

What a fucking bell end!

"Thats £39.99 sir"

I've had wankers in Gamestation do that to me - and NOT even employees of gamestation! just some random little shit who happens to be by the till as im about to pay.

I was trying to buy Smackdown vs Raw 200 and something... i think 06 - the girl behind the till i hadn't seen before so i thought id be cheeky and ask if they had smackdown as there's just a gap on the shelf where it should be so i was assuming the copies there had been bought.

She went and had a look at the gap i was talking about (a gap i assume was made ready for the day after) - she then went into the back, came back out handed me the game ... took my money and then some spotty faced greasy haired pond life said 'Hey he can't buy that... its not due out until tomorrow'

So she took it back and gave me my money back.

:mad:

i could have killed him - i hope at least he realised from the look i gave him that i was an inch away from doing so

-

And the prices for wages and transfer fees - my guess is thats to help people who want to play as lower league teams advance easier and appeal to the people who just want to pick Chelsea and then buy everyone.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you dont get any rewards for winning games/trophies - if you did then i could see the prices in the game being higher and the obvious encouragement is for you to win things and save money.

-

No news for me yet with Shopto - no emails and my orders still showing up on the site as a pre order - they guy did say it wouldnt be dispatched until wednesday afternoon though so i can still hope it will get here tomorrow
[-o<

If I put in a pre-order and ShopTo charge my card, do you think it might not go through my account until Friday? I've had a few transactions go through a few days later? My bank is Halifax FWIW.

Yeah if you havent cancelled your pre-order, and you have no funds they will tell you that your application wasnt succesful.

Back
Top Bottom