FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Where did you get it from SweetKilla?

I definately can't order online now, had to withdraw my money from my account. If I can get it and pay cash today or tomorrow, it'll be great. Friday isn't too far away anyway :)

Where did you get it from SweetKilla?

I definately can't order online now, had to withdraw my money from my account. If I can get it and pay cash today or tomorrow, it'll be great. Friday isn't too far away anyway :)

www.game.co.uk

used the code : GETUPANDPLAY = £5 off

if you order now should be shipped for you 2day and you will get th e game 2moz i didnt pay special delivery but if u use the 5 pound off you should because you will deffo get it 2moz if you order before 2pm guys

game.co.uk

What are your observations on the effect of fatigue, both on your own players (as a team and as individuals) and the cpu teams? Do the cpu players show signs of tiring, becoming slower and more mistake-prone as fatigue sets in?

Do the cpu teams make plausible substitutions and tactical changes? Do they ever change formation during a match?

Do the cpu teams show any signs of urgency towards the end of a match if they're losing?

Can you definitely edit the player stats (eg. passing speed, running speed, shooting accuracy, etc)?

Have you found any definitive evidence that the European competitions are in the career mode?

I see Jack has anwsered them all, but an addition to the fatigue question. Like Jack said, your players are dead by game two, ive had to upgrade the condition/training module in the office of the game so now they have atleast a quarter fitness after every game. Anyway, i noticed the opposition was pretty dead aswell. Played one match and their strikers were making quite a lot of runs int he first half. Needless to say, by HT they were all knackered and with my defenders still having a little bit left it made the second half a bit more confortable.

I also noticed the home/away difference straight away. Although what i noticed was how my team was "up for it" at home and decidedly more timid away. This was pretty clear with at home my wingers, strikers making a lot of runs in to space and my midfielders making themselves availeble to passes, whereas away they played very much like the away side, taking a more "wait and see" approach and making less runs and generally being more causius(sp?). I havent noticed the ref's yet, at all, as the games have all been fair and the responses from the ref to tackles correct so far.

As for the teams changing their tactics, sadly im so crap atm that they havent needed to as the original was more then enough :( I did notice once, in the 6 games ive played, that the striker made some more effort to go into the corner of the pitch to keep possesion and waste some time. Other then that they have played pretty much how i would have expected them to against the shambles that is my team. :lol:

Last edited:

I wonder if Rafa's squad rotation tactics will work well with fatigue on FIFA :)

Looking forward to playing as Torres on FIFA, the man is a genius :)

if rafa has henry, messi and ronaldhino he would still drop them! what about crouch. he looks like a player on his way out for sure!!

something new about online-multiplayer ? is 2on2 ( 4 clients) possible @ relase-version?

yes but 2 of you have to be on 1 xbox 360 and 2 on the other just had a multi match with a friend and its unranked only.

be a pro is awesome its only one off matches but still alot of fun to do.

Aint started manager mode yet and dont plan on doing so as i mainly play online may do the leagues seasons for achievements though but will be tedious.

if rafa has henry, messi and ronaldhino he would still drop them! what about crouch. he looks like a player on his way out for sure!!

True about the rotation. I read on the LFC website an interview with Arbeloa who says rotation is common over in Spain and the Spanish can't understand why everyone is making a big deal of it.

I don't mind roation, but I believe if a player plays REALLY well he HAS to keep his place. Rotation works well towards the middle-end of the season when players who've played every game are shattered, and the rotated players are much fresher.

The thing is, we can't afford to drop points against teams like Birmingham and Portsmouth, these are the teams that we always used to draw/lose against and it's those points which cost us points in the final table. We always do well against the big teams, it's those smaller teams we need the points from.

:lol:

Anybody managed to walk into a shop and buy this yet?

I'm gonna try Dixons at lunch time.

You in Liverpool? Let me know how you get on. I wont be able to get to town for 6pm (and all the shops will be shut then), but I can pop into town tomorrow and get a copy then. Is Gamestation part of Game? Can I use a Gamestation credit note in Game?

You in Liverpool? Let me know how you get on. I wont be able to get to town for 6pm (and all the shops will be shut then), but I can pop into town tomorrow and get a copy then. Is Gamestation part of Game? Can I use a Gamestation credit note in Game?

No I work in Burnley mate :)

The only thing that still seems a bit off to me after watching the full match videos is the way the ball reacts when passing. Even after performing a simply short pass it bounces tremendously.

Can someone comments on this? Is the amount of bouncing dependent on your timing, direction and player skill..or do you have no influence at all at playing a nice smooth pass?

edit: Suprisingly this is especially evident in the liverpool match. I guess Players are more under pressure thus the purity of the pass seems to decrease.

Well, perhaps it just takes some getting used to, but do consider I am not comparing with PES but to my own experiences. So I am quite happy actually that the ball bounces around more and players really have to take effort to control it, but with some of the sort passing things seem a bit exaggerated.

Last edited:

hm.. thats unfortunate :| ... but after the 5vs5 online-patch wil it be possible to play for example 2on2, 3on3 ?

yes but only in the be a pro mode... not the normal modes

you can still use the tele camera angle in be a pro mode if u wish... or any other camera u like but multiple online games have to be via be a pro.

Back
Top Bottom