FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

I live in Holland and bought the ps3 and 360 version.

The ps3 version is A LOT more responsive than the 360 version.
Both games do not have framerate problems.

The ps3 version still looks like shit compared to the 360 version. There seems to be less AA so a lot more jaggies.

Both games do not have english commentary and the dutch commentators are doing a very crappy job so i will have to get the english version of these games.

Can anyone recommend a reliable webstore?

JB thanks for the vid & for ur impression of fifa08, we all apriciate ur hard work & time u are a legend mate:)

anyways pre ordered mine to a shop near my house, here in Geneva & the game is comming out on thursday, the truble is:/ if the game will be in english? with an english commentary? as i am new leaving in the Country, & i completly forgot 2 ask the guy working in the shop. coz if the game is in french it will kill the experienc for me, i will be very dissapointed & i my not get it, as my french language is poor at the moment. i haven't played fifa game for years sins fifa02, so i would like to know from u guys if u can change the language in the main manu same as the demo? or same as in pes?
thanx in advance

JB , can u check if we can swich the cursor to display players name over their head isntead of the red triangle ?

You can. But it does not work the same as in pes. Your name will be shown temporarily. It only appears if u have the ball (slightly after you have received the ball) and does not remain visible if you keep possession of the ball with the same player for a longer period of time.

There will also appear a power bar above your head, when you shoot or pass (only high passes). It looks the same as the power bar ronaldinho has during the minigame during load times. This game is great and is a slight improvement compared to the demo. Response times are NOWHERE NEAR twice as fast though.

It seems that you cannot save replays either. I have tried but i could only upload my goals. This is not a bad thing but uploading goals takes a very long time.

It seems that you cannot save replays either. I have tried but i could only upload my goals. This is not a bad thing but uploading goals takes a very long time.

Are there deeper tactical options like attack arrows and player positions ala pes?

Can you change line-ups and formations in edit so stay changed permanently?

Thanks!

You can. But it does not work the same as in pes. Your name will be shown temporarily. It only appears if u have the ball (slightly after you have received the ball) and does not remain visible if you keep possession of the ball with the same player for a longer period of time.

There will also appear a power bar above your head, when you shoot or pass (only high passes). It looks the same as the power bar ronaldinho has during the minigame during load times. This game is great and is a slight improvement compared to the demo. Response times are NOWHERE NEAR twice as fast though.

thanx for the reply m8...seems it works the same way as in NHL08..
i like it better that way.. you can know right away which player has the ball, so you can try to predict more what his gonna do. when we played in small sdtv , it was ok to look at the bottom of the scren to look at the players name..but now with those huge hdtvs, seems to me taht you might lose the tempo by looking down at the name.

mazanga,

Is the difference between the response times on the PS3 and 360 versions that noticeable and important?

If you could only go for one of them, which one would you pick?

JACK

Can you confirm/deny this?
Absolutely not true, in fact it's the total opposite, Xbox version is leaps ahead of PS3 in terms of smoothness and gameplay responsiveness. I've got them both tried and tested with Component cable for both on the same tv, difference is there to see, only similarity is the graphics.

I live in Holland and bought the ps3 and 360 version.

The ps3 version is A LOT more responsive than the 360 version.
Both games do not have framerate problems.

The ps3 version still looks like shit compared to the 360 version. There seems to be less AA so a lot more jaggies.

Both games do not have english commentary and the dutch commentators are doing a very crappy job so i will have to get the english version of these games.

Can anyone recommend a reliable webstore?

That's the first time I've heard that Carl who has both says they play exactly the same and he's had an extensive go on both, the only difference he says are that the PS3 has better nets and the 360 looks slightly better but not to the extent you say but as for responsiveness then maybe it's down to your mind? I don't know.

You CAN'T save your goals?

I'm sure i read about a month ago that we could save goals AND upload them to EA?

But now its only uploading goals for GOTM competitions if you just so happen to score while you're online?

Why do devs assume everyone is going to be online at ALL TIMES these days?

Thanks god i have a capture card - but saving replays should be in ALL football games regardless

Absolutely not true, in fact it's the total opposite, Xbox version is leaps ahead of PS3 in terms of smoothness and gameplay responsiveness. I've got them both tried and tested with Component cable for both on the same tv, difference is there to see, only similarity is the graphics.

I have been playing all night with a friend and my brother. I've got the ps3 on HDMI and the 360 on component. I have got a panasonic 37PV60 plasma TV.

All of us agreed that the ps3 version plays faster and allows for more control over your players. Gameplay on the 360 is a bit more sluggish and has less jaggies. I am going to try and test it on my friends TV's later this week.

And please don't start with: 'it must be down to my imagination' remarks.
It could be down to my TV, maybe. But there is definately nothing wrong with my eyes or other senses. I have been a pesjunkie for years and have almost killed my 360 and ps3 by non stop playing the fifa demo. I am not new to videosoccer games, i know what i see.

The game is great on both consoles though. I won't be even buying pes this year (and by the looks of it i won't be buying it this decade either).

Last edited:

You CAN'T save your goals?

I'm sure i read about a month ago that we could save goals AND upload them to EA?

But now its only uploading goals for GOTM competitions if you just so happen to score while you're online?

Why do devs assume everyone is going to be online at ALL TIMES these days?

Thanks god i have a capture card - but saving replays should be in ALL football games regardless

I could not find an option to save the goal. All it says is: press Y (or tiangle on ps3) to upload.

I could not even upload on ps3 yet. The triangle was greyed out.

Did you try the ps3 version with an HDMI cable? Unfortunately i don't have a component cable for my ps3. It would not be easy to connect it to my TV either, because it's against my wall.

How the hell did they not think we'd want to SAVE replays to show our REAL LIFE friends?

Are they really that geeky and closed off from the real world that they think people only share game experiences and achievements ONLINE now?

If we all lived in small 10x10 cubicles with a hole in the wall that big brother uses to pass us our daily food and water then id see where they're coming from... which ... actually does sound like the EA offices from what ive heard.

But thats not the point.

Saving replays just HAD to be in! Everyone complained last year so its not like they didnt know the fans wanted it?

Are they saving this for the year they can't think of anything fun to add so they'll throw us this bone to keep us interested?

FFS EA... just when you knock up a decent Fifa game you then take a huge shit on it like this?

im all signed up on there for the 360 - anyone know how all this upload stuff will work alongside the ps3?

They blocked us from uploading videos on the PS3 demo of skate so we couldnt test it and set it up with that

Jack, your review is simply brilliant. I can only dream what life would be if my clients were as clear and coherent as you. I will definitely buy a PS3 for this game. (all my friends have ps3s, so I don't have a choice...).

The only thing I really hate right now is the lack of CPU-controlled teams in tournaments. We also play like you, and it's a shame. Guess we will make it manually again (pen and paper).

It's possible to create teams from scratch moving players from the real teams? That's because we did a great thing last year in pes with my friends. We did a draft and everyone created a team selecting players, and we could have transfers between us in january and june. Selecting your 18 players for all the season against your mates is great, specially when you are going to choose Messi and your mate takes him just before your turn. For your interest, we made a draft and we could choose a player every turn, being the order of the selection reversed in every turn. Don't know if it's clear, but the 2 hours we spent creating our season teams (and making the kits and tactics) before playing was impressive, and when we played our teams was just so unbelievable. Add to that that injuries in real life would make a player uneligible in the game and you find yourself reading all international news every weekend.

Now, all this will go to Fifa. Can't WAIT!!!!!! (a shame I have to work like a crazy machine until next wednesday)

Back
Top Bottom