FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Sorry about the delay, I'm uploading videos. I've recorded two full matches, one Premiership and one League One, so that hopefully you can see the difference (not just in the graphics but in the gameplay, compare the passing in the Prem game to the passing in the League One game, big difference). Quality is good, 250mb each, going up on Google Video now.

Review coming as well, the site should be updated sometime around 8pm. It's fucking huge, because I wrote it. :) But I try to cover everything.

For anyone interested, here's a video which shows the attributes of all Barca and Man U players in FIFA 08:

(youtube video removed as its pointless quoting that again)

Looks like they got most of them right. Giggs a bit too fast maybe, Neville's crossing too low, and a couple of the Barca youngsters underrated (Bojan and Dos Santos).

The music reminds me of playing Smackdown Vs RAW

I wonder how the Emirates stadium will look like, if its true its still the old concrete verson and not the red & white look.. But the one thing I`m really looking forward to is manager mode and how good the create a player modes like;)

I look forward to reading your review Jack.

You lads are doing great on fifasoccerblog, keep up the good work.

Probably been asked before, but I am a little out of the FIFA loop - how up to date are the transfers? Are all the teams up to date as of the close of the transfer window?

Last edited:

Great stuff, Jack!

Looking forward to the League 1 vid particularly, and reading your review as I know it will be honest, objective, critical and thorough.

In a word, is it as good as you'd hoped?

REVIEW UP AT FIFASOCCERBLOG.COM.

Ignore the tiny videos, I will be uploading to a better server shortly. I had to rush it up so that people would see it before going to bed, I'll be fixing that in a bit, plus uploading the two full matches.

tiktiktiktik, yes. :) All games become buggier the more you play them but so far I'm having a whale of a time on it, scorelines differ, some games are harder than others, and the atmosphere in the Premiership matches is outstanding. I haven't even touched half the modes, Be A Pro, online etc. so it's going to last me a long time I think. Very happy overall.

Right, I've uploaded the two full matches, but Google Video has made the quality really poor compared to the original. Where can I upload two 640x480 videos, for free, that won't alter the resolution (and accepts files upto 300mb)?

In the meantime, here are the videos (I'll post the URLs on FIFA Soccer Blog once they're uploaded somewhere in 640x480).

WATCH THEM IN ORIGINAL SIZE! Otherwise they look utterly crap.

Liverpool v Everton
Tranmere v Leeds

Both games played on Legendary.

Last edited:

Chris

Superb review mate, lots of info and a good description of the total package.

Thanks for your time mate and a big well done.:applause:

I'm off out for the evening now, will be back sometime after midnight, but I will re-upload all the videos to better quality servers. Like I say, they were rushed up, but in the meantime, can anyone tell me where I can upload 640x480 videos and they won't get resized? If you want to PM me and tell me then I'll get it done twice as quick when I get back in.

Cheers guys, hope you like the review and the vids (even if they're small and shitty), you deserve it for the support we've had. It's appreciated a lot.

Nice job, Jack.

But right now I am absolutely gutted that there's no English commentary in the Dutch version of Fifa '08. The commentary with Martin Tyler and Andy Gray is one of the things I'm most excited about after all those years of PES commentary.

Now I will have to order the British version and now I will have to wait several days longer before I can play it.

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Loved the Everton game, but stats must be way off as Andy Johnson scored:lol: video makes me need this game NOW!!! How can you go out and have a life?? you have fifa in your machine!:8):
great vids and a great review.

Last edited:

Just watched the first minute or so of the Liverpool - Everton video and I am very impressed with the AI like.

Also, your review was a cracking read Jack - thanks for setting some things straight.

Wow, some review Jack! I'll check it out after the Liverpool match, but I'd just like to say thanks to you and the rest of the FSB team for doing such a great job and hooking us up with the info we ask for :)

REVIEW UP AT FIFASOCCERBLOG.COM.

Ignore the tiny videos, I will be uploading to a better server shortly. I had to rush it up so that people would see it before going to bed, I'll be fixing that in a bit, plus uploading the two full matches.

tiktiktiktik, yes. :) All games become buggier the more you play them but so far I'm having a whale of a time on it, scorelines differ, some games are harder than others, and the atmosphere in the Premiership matches is outstanding. I haven't even touched half the modes, Be A Pro, online etc. so it's going to last me a long time I think. Very happy overall.

quality read JB..thanx man!

Why no mention of the "nets"???

We net freaks get no respect around here..

;-)

Just watched the videos hoping to see the nets in action, but as the matches unfolded, it gradually dawned on me that this is Jack playing, so there wasn't much chance of seeing any goals being scored :lol:.

Back
Top Bottom