FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

If anyone wants a game online over the weekend add my tag to your Xbox Live friends list and hopefully we can get a game.

Would be nice to play some of you guys online. :) I'll play as Celtic mostly.

If anyone wants a game online over the weekend add my tag to your Xbox Live friends list and hopefully we can get a game.

Will do matey :) I was thinking that myself, it will be good to play other guys from the forum online, just in a friendly match so we can all get familiar with the game :)

Did my best to translate the final paragraph from the Joypad PES208 review:

"In brief, even if we realize that Konamis game maintains all of it's essential qualities this year, it seems necessary to underline the fact that it settles for the bare minimum. The series have reached the end of a path, where it will need to look for new possibilities and a clean, precise break from it's PS2 past. It needs to reflect a new way to explore the looks, playability and content that the newest technologies can provide.

Otherwise, the messiah may start to lose it's following...

7/10

Even if it remains a good football game, PES2008 is too "pêchu" (detached? maybe a french guy can help) from it's initial values, and mainly doesn't offer any noticeble evolution. Yellow card..."

:shock: A review of PES that isn't fawning? Will wonders never cease?

I think pêchu means the game made them wanna :puke:.

"the messiah may start to lose it's following" - that's clearly already started.

Another question for those who've played retail FIFA08? Is there an adjustable camera for playing and if so, to what extent is it adjustable?? Thanks.

I'll give you a game mate, we could get some Old Firm games going! Should be fun! :)

JayM, I'll be online over the weekend, I'll try and get a game with you :)

Gomito, no comment :)

I think something bigs coming, JB hasn't been on FIFA for an hour!!!

probably had really bad luck and got the 3 red lights of doom.

oh i would feel for anybody who gets that this weekend lmao

How about a thread with gamertags from the guys here who will be playing FIFA08?

I'd rather play you guys than some smartass kid somewhere, screaming on my damn ears about how good he is... :)

Man, I'm so excited to play this online against you guys. Didn't play much of PES 6 online due to all the cranks constantly picking Inter/Barca etc, and the cut-back goals. This will be a breath of fresh air and will go some way to justify spending £30 on my XBL subscription :)

How about a thread with gamertags from the guys here who will be playing FIFA08?

I'd rather play you guys than some smartass kid somewhere, screaming on my damn ears about how good he is... :)

I second that

JayM, I'll be online over the weekend, I'll try and get a game with you :)

Gomito, no comment :)

hmmm not sure how to take that :) either you gonna fuck him up, or he is gonna fuck you and your going to enjoy it LOL. just kidding boys, just that grimm used to post some quasi homosexual stuff, not that there is anything wrong with that.... :)

probably had really bad luck and got the 3 red lights of doom.

oh i would feel for anybody who gets that this weekend lmao

:lmao:

I'd smash something, honestly. After waiting so long, if my 360 died. Well ... :-\" ](*,) :twisted: :ram: :spid:

In that order.

me too, but im forced to play halo 3 and nba 2k8 until the 7th... until then mates

hmmm not sure how to take that :) either you gonna fuck him up, or he is gonna fuck you and your going to enjoy it LOL. just kidding boys, just that grimm used to post some quasi homosexual stuff, not that there is anything wrong with that.... :)

Gomito. I'm only 11 years old, I don't need or want to be reading your filth floren filth.

Just joking mate, I'm 27. It's still filth though :)

Damn, come on Shopto!!! :(

Just updated my sig - if anyone wants a PS3 game, then feel free to add me. I'm 31, sensible (ish!) and support Southend - so if you want any hot lower league FIFA action, then I'm ya guy!

Your wish is my command :) It's a good idea actually, it'll be nice to play with people that will sometimes play with different teams, i.e. not Barca, Man U, Inter etc :)

Here's the thread:
[size=+1]
Evo Web FIFA 08 Players List[/size]

airjoca, I've already created a thread and it's started as posts in it, and I'll keep it updated as well, would you mind deleting yours to keep it tidy mate?

For anyone interested, here's a video which shows the attributes of all Barca and Man U players in FIFA 08:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zNNWxoWdEw

Looks like they got most of them right. Giggs a bit too fast maybe, Neville's crossing too low, and a couple of the Barca youngsters underrated (Bojan and Dos Santos).

Man, I've lurked here for years and years and posted every once in a while for a couple. I've always exclusively come here for the latest PES gossip and amazing patching community. It makes me laugh how I now come here exclusively for Fifa and I love it just as much.

Good work on the enthusiasm chaps, proper evo-web style. I hate reading PES forums now where they slate Fifa, I know how those Fifa fans felt over the years :lol:

I will still buy PES but I'm so much more hyped for Fifa. How things change, hey?

looking forward to the league once I get the hang of it.By the sounds of it though, its going to be slightly eaier than the demo so i am pretty confident of being second or third from bottom rather than propping the whole thing up.

Anyway, i am awaiting JB's review with alot of anticipation as knowing him it will be a very good one.

Anyone who wants to add me to thier friends list on the 360(I am a mature gamer)I play to enjoy with no cheating, so no laughing or piss taking over the mic

EDIT bollocks just seen the gamertags thread.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom