FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Ordered mine from game and it was despatched this morning. Does anyone reckon i will get it tomorrow?

Like I said, try Halton Lea...You'll see:8):

Sorry mate, I know you mentioned this a few pages ago but i'm up for the drive tonight if you can remind me which shop you're suggesting will "do the bizz"?

Fair enough..I'll keep my fingers crossed 4 ya!

Cheers mate :) I might have to try and borrow some money for my driving lesson tomorrow if it means getting FIFA tonight, not paying more than £40 for it though! If I can manage to keep busy tonight and tomorrow night, I'll be fine for waiting til Friday. But it'll make me so jealous knowing loads of you will be playing tonight and tomorrow :(

Choices would be good if they'll sell me it because I've got a sealed copy of Rainbow Six Vegas PSP to offer in trade :)

The only games I want never get released early.

I think most of us will have to wait until Friday to play it. :(

Bloody shop staff in some of these places are like the Gustapo.

There is one, in the mall itsself. If you pass GAME and go straight through to a Vodafone shop round the corner (Near a Pakistani that sells phones) you'll see a little gadget shop. I'm pretty sure they'll have it ( although I haven't been to the UK now for nearly 9 months)Best of luck

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorry mate, I know you mentioned this a few pages ago but i'm up for the drive tonight if you can remind me which shop you're suggesting will "do the bizz"?

I think there's a couple of shops in the Trident Retail Park. MJP, if you go, pick me up a copy and I'll sort you out :)

I haven't got a reply back from that woman in Northwich who said I might be able to get down and pick it up tonight :(

Just got back from the only decent games shop of this third world city. They don't even have the game in stock yet. Twats.

I just can't wait. :cry:

I think i'll just try Speke and Hunts Cross as discussed.

If I get one tonight I'll pm you as soon as I get in but it sounds like you'll be going the same places as me!

If I see someone on their hands and knees begging with some snotty nose kid then I'll know it's you!

The only games I want never get released early.

I think most of us will have to wait until Friday to play it. :(

Bloody shop staff in some of these places are like the Gustapo.

You can have my fifa08 with dutch commentary, if you'll get me a copy with english commentary ;):roll:

Can't wait to get this game on the ps3...
For those lucky already with the game, is it real that the World Club Champions Internacional de Porto Alegre and the Fluminense (brazilian teams) aren't in the game?

im sure theyre in raphaela. the game features the complete brazilian serie A. ive seen a video (of the current gen verison) that shows palmeiras against internacional, so i am 95% sure theyre in...
did someone tell you that theyre not?

im sure theyre in raphaela. the game features the complete brazilian serie A. ive seen a video (of the current gen verison) that shows palmeiras against internacional, so i am 95% sure theyre in...
did someone tell you that theyre not?

I've noticed Internacional, Fluminense and America-RN weren't in FIFA08 for the PC, but don't know if it's real... I've read in a brazilian games forum that they weren't licenced this year

I've noticed Internacional, Fluminense and America-RN weren't in FIFA08 for the PC, but don't know if it's real... I've read in a brazilian games forum that they weren't licenced this year

really??
thats really weird.. i m sure i saw a video in youtube showing some tricks on the current gen version, and in the end they showed palmeiras vs. internacional..both had licensed kits...

can someone with the game please confirm this for us?

The game looks great, but I really hope someone can find a fast and easy way to make players/created players better! As you cant give players the stats you want and you cant change the faces for those players that looks ridiculous way off from what they look like in real life. Witch means you need to create the players if you want them to look like their real life self, and the stats they should have.

Edit: You cant do the "traits" trick anymore to alter their stats :(

WTF? I thought you could change player's stats at will? That would be a major letdown for me... :(

Just got back from the only decent games shop of this third world city. They don't even have the game in stock yet. Twats.

I just can't wait. :cry:

Dude, just came from colombo, no game there except for a demo pod in worten.
Some crazy kids were playing there, no chance to get near the game, but did get to watch Benfica play. Some mistakes in the kits and players here and there. Di Maria only a 69. That's why editing players stats is so important to me.

can anyone confirm for sure if we can alter players stats or not?

I'll try ASDA tommorow, if not then I will collect it at midnight.

I have Just agreed with the builder to complete my cinema room and dining room exstension for March next year, so HD projector and 100" screen just in time for the Euro Championships:applause:

Cant wait though (although i can when we need to hand the cheque of 18k over:()

I wonder what FIFA will lok like on that size\\:o/

True about the rotation. I read on the LFC website an interview with Arbeloa who says rotation is common over in Spain and the Spanish can't understand why everyone is making a big deal of it.

I don't mind roation, but I believe if a player plays REALLY well he HAS to keep his place. Rotation works well towards the middle-end of the season when players who've played every game are shattered, and the rotated players are much fresher.

The thing is, we can't afford to drop points against teams like Birmingham and Portsmouth, these are the teams that we always used to draw/lose against and it's those points which cost us points in the final table. We always do well against the big teams, it's those smaller teams we need the points from.

This comes from a Spanish... ;)

It's true that rotation is more or less common here, but I don't agree with your view of it, sorry. Rotation is useful only IF you have begun with it at the beggining of the season. When you wait till middle-end, not only some of your players will be shattered, but the substitutes will be only at half their potential curve and deeply unmotivated. About that curve, I know that you cannot be fit and fast enough only with training, one needs to play as the matches are, by far, much more demanding than the most painful training routine... Plus, the players most used during the first half of the season will already have their fitness curve on decline.

So in the end, you need to start rotating early so that all players reach their best fitness at the latest possible date, say March when the Champions League comes back and the matches National Leagues are more decisive.

I am no expert, however, just played at some lesser teams at when I was a teenager.... :)

Dinho is completely out of fit, BTW. And Henry has proved nothing to date except that he has come to Barca to make some more money. Messi is the king at Can Barca ATM. That team really needs Eto'o recovered ASAP. I admire them though for they probably play the best football in the continent, even though I am a R.Madrid supporter.

Dude, just came from colombo, no game there except for a demo pod in worten.
Some crazy kids were playing there, no chance to get near the game, but did get to watch Benfica play. Some mistakes in the kits and players here and there. Di Maria only a 69. That's why editing players stats is so important to me.

Oh well. If the game isn't available in the biggest stores of Lisbon by now, no wonder why they don't have the game in stock here either. I just wish we get to buy it on Friday, I would be happy if so. :|

The game will definitely need some tweaks, I just hope there aren't any major flaws regarding the database.

Dude, the commentary is just not on the disc because of lack of space.

So how are they going to fix it?

I bought the English version. EA just doesn't understand there are actually people who want commentary in a foreign language. They think everyone is like the French/Italians/Spaniards.

I don't know. Normally they sell Fifa here in Sweden with swedish and english commentators. So I guess they will send me one of those. We have never had spanish and dutch on the discs before...

By the way, the nets do look amazing in some of the stadiums. I just scored a cracker with Giggs at OT and it looke beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom