FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Guys, give up on the bloody boot list, there are far far far more deserving questions to send people to look into. Surely?

Guys, give up on the bloody boot list, there are far far far more deserving questions to send people to look into. Surely?

Agreed.

Where the hell is the news guys! Im worried that the defense seems a bit easier :S I hope its not too easy and your dominating EVERY game

a question;

is it not possible to tweak the players responsibility?

maybe others, speed,....

Optionsfile sharing?

rafau

realise - Release

-

And 'where did he buy the game'

as its the 3 foreign language version im going to assume he torrented the game

i think maybe Ea wants to realise NBA 08(oct. 2nd) before fifa than??
they really need to get attention to that game this year after last years let down.

ps. also man, if u want to get in touch with more people waiting for fifa 08 there in the US , go to the operation sports forums, there are quite many yanks waiting for the game there.

No I'm pretty "in" there too. they know as tomba321

not sure if u can call twice as loads... but nevermind.

I meant you as in you guys. Apologies, I'm not hating, i'd just reather see real gameplay impressions rather than what's the colour of someones hair or who's stats are what or what boots is so and so wearing.

@ radiation, its the retail version at 62,99 euro's. Havent got the 360 flashed so for now im stuck with paying the full price. I didnt look into the languages when i bought it as ive never had that before and assumed i could just select english menu's and if i felt the need english commentary. Its not a big deal though, wouldnt mind an english menu update though!

Did my best to translate the final paragraph from the Joypad PES208 review:

"In brief, even if we realize that Konamis game maintains all of it's essential qualities this year, it seems necessary to underline the fact that it settles for the bare minimum. The series have reached the end of a path, where it will need to look for new possibilities and a clean, precise break from it's PS2 past. It needs to reflect a new way to explore the looks, playability and content that the newest technologies can provide.

Otherwise, the messiah may start to lose it's following...

7/10

Even if it remains a good football game, PES2008 is too "pêchu" (detached? maybe a french guy can help) from it's initial values, and mainly doesn't offer any noticeble evolution. Yellow card..."

If your charms fail at Game maybe you could try N1 Games round the corner (if it still exists it's on Baron Street just off Chapel Market).

I think it's only blokes in there though - does the Robby Charm swing both ways ;)

The Robby charm is universal - I don't discriminate.

I called N1 games this morning and they are NOT selling till Friday. That should save you a journey anyway.

Your chance of getting GAME to sell early are precisely zero, and I am including the Robby charm in this equation.

How cheeky was this!!

Rang my local game:

Jamie: Hi do you have any FIFA 08 Stock in

Game C***: Your in luck we have plenty of FIFA 08 in stock, but we arent selling to any of you lot until Friday, I will be playing on my copy tonight though haha.

Phone cuts.

:( How nasty.

LMAO, wanker.

Great review from Joypad. pretty much sums up my thoughts on it. Time to move on and start it fresh instead of the bare minimum konami has settled for for the past 3/4 years.

I wonder whether thomasgoal has posted it?! *Goes of to the place we dare not speak of in here*

How cheeky was this!!

Rang my local game:

Jamie: Hi do you have any FIFA 08 Stock in

Game C***: Your in luck we have plenty of FIFA 08 in stock, but we arent selling to any of you lot until Friday, I will be playing on my copy tonight though haha.

Phone cuts.

:( How nasty.

Can't stand people who work at game shops, pretty much all a bunch of immature tossers.

Haven't had any impressions for a while now, did JayD get his copy today too?

LMAO, wanker.

Great review from Joypad. pretty much sums up my thoughts on it. Time to move on and start it fresh instead of the bare minimum konami has settled for for the past 3/4 years.

I wonder whether thomasgoal has posted it?! *Goes of to the place we dare not speak of in here*

I'm kinda disappointed because I used to buy that magazine years ago, and usually their reviews were pretty good.

One thing I read in the review that I could relate to, is the fact that the gameplay carries on from PES, the things that you now do automatically, like goind down the wing, cutback pass, first time shot in the opposite corner, goal. And the fact that any newbie can do this.

PES has become sort of automatic, you do the same things over and over.

Edit: YES, ThomasGoal posted the review b4 anyone even spoke of it.

LMAO, wanker.

Didn't Seabass comment that these next-gen systems aren't powerful enough for what he wants to achieve? I can't see PES improving too much from PES6 (judging from the PES 2008 demo and that review comment) unless Seabass stops being so narrow minded.

Of course, that review could be as much crap as the IGN review, take it with a pinch of salt. But I have a feeling I'll agree with the reviewer anyway :)

Jamie you got owned.

I bet if you went into the store they would shit 10 though, would never say that. I tend to find shops like GAME and Gamestation are full of little geeks.

You should have recorded the convo then gone into the shop and at least got him fired :) Then he wouldn't be playing his FIFA at all! Cocky little wanker. I bet he's complete shit at it an all.

Back
Top Bottom