FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Well, I lived in Runcorn for six months as a part of my foreign traineeship as I followed a traineeship @ Jaguar and Johnson Controls in L'Pool...Spent most of my time being pissed and arguing about the footy and stuff though :d :d

Last post before I have to do some actual work and get videos taken and a review written.

In multiplayer it is a blast, and they've got the differences between teams spot on. Even as a Tranmere fan, to be honest with you, when you play as Tranmere it feels a bit boring struggling to get a 0-0 against Doncaster Rovers. Play a Premiership game and it's alive, the crowd are screaming, the players can run (shock horror) and tackle cleanly (shock horror) and SCORE! It's just so much more exciting with the stadia, with the commentary talking about what Liverpool expect this season, what previous managers have accomplished, that Steven Gerrard is going to take the corner (rather than just "it's a corner")... Yeah, nice work with the lower leagues EA, but you needn't have bothered. :lol:

Nah, seriously, it's amazing to be Tranmere. The best thing is the manager mode. My first cup game is against Fulham. I cannot wait.

Gameplay is brilliant but to be brutal with you, I'm kind of in two minds about something. The defence in the demo was almost literally impossible at times - on this, even on Legendary, as Liverpool v Everton the defence is nowhere near as good and you kind of feel like it's too easy. But saying that, on Legendary, I've drawn or lost most games, so I think it's just because the demo was so hard that now everything feels too easy in comparison.

I've played a mate on it and his first impression was that it's brilliant but he still thinks the reaction times are too slow. As I said, in comparison to Pro Evo 2008 (which is Sonic The Hedgehog on speed meets football) the reaction times are slow, but as a game in itself, I think they get the little gap while Gerrard lines up a shot spot-on, and I can't complain about that.

Really, really made up with it. I can't wait to get deep into the management mode.

jack I am asking this question for the 3rd time. plz give me an answer. for how many minutes can you play a half? 5,10,15,20,25?
4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 15, 20.

The default is 6 but that's too long for me, I've set it to 5.

Last edited:

Cheers for the comments Jack. I'm going to play a few games as Liverpool just to get a feel, then I'll start a career with Tranmere I think. Pretty exciting thinking who I'll get in the cup games etc.

When are we drawing teams for the online league? Oct 9th when the Americans get the game?

If you search "FIFA 08" on ebay, there is a seller in Northwich that is 'shipping wednesday and thursday'.

Sure if you live nearby (as many of you seem to!), then maybe he'll let you go and collect on Wednesday?

Know I'd ask the question if I lived nearby...

Cheers for the comments Jack. I'm going to play a few games as Liverpool just to get a feel, then I'll start a career with Tranmere I think. Pretty exciting thinking who I'll get in the cup games etc.

When are we drawing teams for the online league? Oct 9th when the Americans get the game?
Oct 1st is the date so far but I think we will have to put it back. Now I've discovered you either play eachother once or three times (and once is my preferred of the two to be honest, at least then you know you only get one chance rather than having two home games and an away compared to someone who has two away games and a home which I think is totally unfair), so I think we will be doing one massive 32-team world league. And if we're having a world league we might as well wait until it's released all over the world.

Right, back to work...

i am finding it quite easy to take on defenders on the demo which is on semi pro

so with you saying the full game is easier than the demo that is quite worrying

still looking forward to this game

Northwich, about 30-40 mins drive for me. I'll send an email, see if I can get a lift there if he allows pickup.

Email sent, I'll see what he says.

Last edited by a moderator:

Last post before I have to do some actual work and get videos taken and a review written.

In multiplayer it is a blast, and they've got the differences between teams spot on. Even as a Tranmere fan, to be honest with you, when you play as Tranmere it feels a bit boring struggling to get a 0-0 against Doncaster Rovers. Play a Premiership game and it's alive, the crowd are screaming, the players can run (shock horror) and tackle cleanly (shock horror) and SCORE! It's just so much more exciting with the stadia, with the commentary talking about what Liverpool expect this season, what previous managers have accomplished, that Steven Gerrard is going to take the corner (rather than just "it's a corner")... Yeah, nice work with the lower leagues EA, but you needn't have bothered. :lol:

Nah, seriously, it's amazing to be Tranmere. The best thing is the manager mode. My first cup game is against Fulham. I cannot wait.

Gameplay is brilliant but to be brutal with you, I'm kind of in two minds about something. The defence in the demo was almost literally impossible at times - on this, even on Legendary, as Liverpool v Everton the defence is nowhere near as good and you kind of feel like it's too easy. But saying that, on Legendary, I've drawn or lost most games, so I think it's just because the demo was so hard that now everything feels too easy in comparison.
I've played a mate on it and his first impression was that it's brilliant but he still thinks the reaction times are too slow. As I said, in comparison to Pro Evo 2008 (which is Sonic The Hedgehog on speed meets football) the reaction times are slow, but as a game in itself, I think they get the little gap while Gerrard lines up a shot spot-on, and I can't complain about that.

Really, really made up with it. I can't wait to get deep into the management mode.

4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 15, 20.

The default is 6 but that's too long for me, I've set it to 5.

I am kind of happy about this Jack as it allows you to do the little things that you couldnt do in the demo, like press LB and sprint to crab across the box, or a few tricks further up the field as you have a bit more time.

It also gives more incentive to put everything to manual as if you are srtuggling on semi assisted then its something that will discourage people to use manual if its already way to hard.

Correct me if I am wrong but it may make it more enjoyable mate.

Balls, I will do some ACTUAL work soon, meant to reply to these first.

jack cna you setup a champions league style tourney online with a group league?
Nope, league only.

Jack is the refereeing as lenient in the full game as he was in the demo and do they vary in strictness dependant upon who is in charge.
They seem a lot better but still not as good as PES2008 to be honest. If you do a purposefully dangerous foul you'll get a yellow, rarely a straight red (although I've seen the CPU get a straight red!). But there's more cards than before, definitely.

I bet it feels lovely with the crowd so close to the pitch aswell mate
Yep :)

That is SUCH good news to hear about the difficulty. that about the ONLY thing wrong with the demo. Yu have to work too hard to have just pure fun.

can't wait but it's gonna be the 10th for me here in the states

i hope that is not too easy to score

i liked a lot the demo's defenders

i found the demos difficulty VERY daunting and alsomst off putting if you were a casual gamer. thankfully I stick by my games and was able to get a hnag of the controls. howver this news that things are evenly spread out is very very welcome

That is SUCH good news to hear about the difficulty. that about the ONLY thing wrong with the demo. Yu have to work too hard to have just pure fun.

can't wait but it's gonna be the 10th for me here in the states

:(
Im still hoping they break this realise date seeing that the ps3 users might just import the UK version.

Oh good lord, help us! ;)

I've been playing on the Be a Pro camera a lot recently and now im really REALLY struggling to score or even get a shot off on the tele camera.

But in the Pro setting I'm banging goals in.

Anyone else find this?

I've been playing on the Be a Pro camera a lot recently and now im really REALLY struggling to score or even get a shot off on the tele camera.

But in the Pro setting I'm banging goals in.

Anyone else find this?

I haven't even tried that camera angle, completely forgot about it.

Well I don't think the US will get the game early. Maybe you can email EA and complain.

i really dont understand the reason for the late realise date... ive seen people saying that the US isnt a football based country... but its not only the US, every NTSC country, including mexico(a football country) is having their realise later on oct. 10th.

i really dont understand the reason for the late realise date... ive seen people saying that the US isnt a football based country... but its not only the US, every NTSC country, including mexico(a football country) is having their realise later on oct. 10th.

Makes a change the US getting games later than Europe, we sometimes (usually?) have to wait months later than NTSC

I'm going to pop into 'Game' in the Angel (Islington - London) on my way back from work and try and sweet talk the ladies ;-)

I bought my Xbox 360 from them last month and they were all ladies in there - which I respect.

I reckon I can get a bit of the Robby charm out and see where it gets me - I'm quietly confident :-)

By the way I'm 27 years of age and I'm glad to see older Men are desperate to play this game - I don't feel so lonely any more.

Last edited:

The french magazine Joypad gave PES 2008 a 7/10. They aprreciated cosmetic improvements (new animations and good looking faces on replays) but thought the game was too arcadey, and overall a lazy job from Konami.

The shocking news is they gave Fifa a higher score for the 1st time ever, with a 8/10.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=143

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom