FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

If you want to give yourself, even though its not nessecary, the backup to that claim you could always just play the same match from the demo, i.e. barca-redbull. Then you can compare it like-for-like without the differences between teams.
Honestly, the game is totally different from the demo. So much so that, honestly, you think "holy shit this is way too easy, I'm running through the defence like butter". But then when you finish the 90 minutes and the score is 1-0 to the opposition, you realise it's just an illusion. :lol:

I've checked manager mode again just to make sure I'm not going mad, selected Liverpool, and the FA Cup (for them obviously because they only play from the 3rd round) starts in January, ends with the final at the end of May. League cup (2nd round) starts September. That's right, right?

I hate most review sites anyway but that guy needs shooting.

Honestly, the game is totally different from the demo. So much so that, honestly, you think "holy shit this is way too easy, I'm running through the defence like butter". But then when you finish the 90 minutes and the score is 1-0 to the opposition, you realise it's just an illusion. :lol:

maybe the improved response time give a different feeling...it seems more easier but it isn't

(i hope so...cause i'd like to fight hard in order to score a goal)

Whoever sent that email to IGN needs to send another email with all the parts that JB has already said that there wrong on

some people will read there review and think fuck it im not buying that shit, when really half or there review is pure bullshit and its a very very good game

BTW the attention to detail sounds pretty ground breaking in terms of what we are used to

I think there's a case for a mass emailing of complaint to IGN about the quality of that review. They have a responsibilty supplying accurate information (and arguably, objective comment), and they have failed.

Thanks for all the info Jack, it sounds utterly spiffing. From your descriptions, they've created THE football game. Really like the sound of the difficulty settings, especially when playing with lesser teams. This is how it should be done!

As for all the bang-up-to-date Tranmere stuff, have you actually checked they're not just done Tranmere, knowing you'd be amongst the first to playthe game? Maybe all the other teams are generic and an inaccurate mess.

I thought you weren't going to be posting much today :lol:.

I've checked manager mode again just to make sure I'm not going mad, selected Liverpool, and the FA Cup (for them obviously because they only play from the 3rd round) starts in January, ends with the final at the end of May. League cup (2nd round) starts September. That's right, right?

I hate most review sites anyway but that guy needs shooting.

Did Liverpool start in the third round?

Wow... JB must be a big cheque from EA on it's way, seem to remember looking forward to 07 like this, and having hopes dashed and all that.
If the game is not the all beating fantastic, flawless creation your making out I'm forming a posse and hunting you down... ;)

Seriously, rather than pointing out the stuff you obviously love, can you give us the faults, in your opinion that is!!

I've played the demo for less than 3 Min's in total and have played a handful of games on 07 and only a few prior to that, so I guess I'm looking at this from a PES perspective, though I fear the monotony of ML and the lack of growth may finally be too much for me, so I'm really hoping EA can come up with the goods this time. :)

hold on a minute. at least you will be getting it on friday no matter what. me and Placebo probably not till next week, still not seen an official asian release date. :(

Wow... JB must be a big cheque from EA on it's way, seem to remember looking forward to 07 like this, and having hopes dashed and all that.
If the game is not the all beating fantastic, flawless creation your making out I'm forming a posse and hunting you down... ;)

Seriously, rather than pointing out the stuff you obviously love, can you give us the faults, in your opinion that is!!

I've played the demo for less than 3 Min's in total and have played a handful of games on 07 and only a few prior to that, so I guess I'm looking at this from a PES perspective, though I fear the monotony of ML and the lack of growth may finally be too much for me, so I'm really hoping EA can come up with the goods this time. :)
I've given the faults already mate, please don't tell me I haven't because that is what I aim to do. I'm not here to say it's perfect.

For a start you can't select the CPU side in a multiplayer league, meaning that if you play a multiplayer Premiership you'll be playing the CPU all the time. This is a multiplayer-KILLER for me and I've already had an email passed onto EA to say I'm seriously gutted at that (even if I knew it would happen).

In the online leagues, you can't set to play each team twice, only once, three times, five times etc... Which is ridiculous considering they even let you change where cup finals are held for custom tournaments now. They put in little farting details like that but won't let you choose an actual league structure (what league plays each team three times? Twice home and once away or twice away and once home, not exactly fair, is it?).

Running at players seems too easy but only because in the demo it was impossible, Legendary isn't too hard if you pick a team like Man Utd (only if you pick an average team), and too many headers go over the bar.

There you go, happy now? :p

Just had an idea, I used to do volutary work for PC World a few months ago, only there for a month so they probably wont remember my name. But I might pop in tonight and see if anyone I know is there. If so, and they have the game in stock, I'll see if they'll hook me up :)

I doubt it'll work and they have a copy but it's worth a try.

Just tried Chipshop 2000 in town and they said they wont get their copies until the end of the week :(

It seems VERY VERY odd that they only let you choose to play a team an odd number of times, how many leagues in the world run like that? You sure there's no other way of changing it to an even number? Who was it who emailed the guy at EA? See if the EA guy can explain it? Very curious.

@ Jack, liverpool kick off their carlingcup campaign tonight in the second round against reading......oh and its september aswell :D.

Jezus F-effing christ!!!! Just rang the gameshop and its in, but even worse it was already availeble yesterday!!!! So long suckers, im off to get the game!!!!

Please dont hate me :( :D

Running at players seems too easy but only because in the demo it was impossible, Legendary isn't too hard if you pick a team like Man Utd (only if you pick an average team), and too many headers go over the bar.

There you go, happy now? :p

so..is legendary level less harder than demo-level?

i hope that it will be difficult to score even if i will choose Barcelona!

i hate PES cause it's too easy to score..

@ tiktik, Mixed emotions eh mate?

Where do you live? Wanna pick up a copy for me? And everyone else?

can someone explain to me the difference between interactive leagues and online leagues please.

Jack I am not too upset about the multi-player leagues. I would rather me and 3 mates play La Liga for example with the rest being CPU teams. EA should have included the option you would like but doesnt really bother me. maybe it just me though.. :)

can someone explain to me the difference between interactive leagues and online leagues please.
Interactive Leagues, you choose a team (from a choice of three top-flight leagues) and play one game per week, when the real team does. You play a random human who is the opposition, and if you win, that is counted as a "vote" for your team. At the end of the week, the team with the most "votes" in that fixture is given 3pts (so you can win but if the majority of fans lose then your team won't be awarded any points).

Online Leagues is a league you set up yourself, for you and your mates online. You can set the rules, boot out cheats etc... Supports up to 32 teams, you can play the games whenever you like.

I was writing down notes in a notebook but I'm using Evo-Web as a notebook now, hope you don't mind. Excuse the two-line posts one after the other. ;)

Scoring is so fucking satisfying. You know when people say "and when I did this I shouted out loud, it was so great"? Well honestly, when I scored my first goal with Tranmere, I didn't even feel it coming, but I shouted "OH MY GOD!" at the top of my voice. It was so satisfying; v Doncaster, the defenders were getting tighter to me, managed to get a pass into Zola (not THE Zola) and he JUST managed to get a shot off, the marker's foot didn't kick out in time. It just missed the keeper's outstretched glove and nearly burst the net.

Absolutely brilliant. And the difference between different leagues really is big.

VERY VERY good Idea. i was wondering why not. Jack thank you...

Only one question if you can

1)Is the novice difficulty setting(or the lowest) easier than semi-pro?

phoned shopto and asked when is the soonest they'll be dispatching fifa

the guy said 'you'll get an email so if you haven't got an email yet its not been dispatched'

So again i said 'ive not ordered it - i just want to know when you might be dispatching'

to which he said 'when we get the stock in

so i come back with 'and when might that be?'

him 'either later today or tomorrow... if its today the game will be distapatched for delivery thursday - if its tomorrow you'll get it friday ok?'

--

Quick Q for shopto people -- if i decide i want to remove my card details from the site after entering them as it seems to be asking for.. can i remove them or have they got some sort of block that stops me removing them?

seems a bit suspect that they want to keep my details on their systems.. anyone had any kind of problems with this?

Interactive Leagues, you choose a team (from a choice of three top-flight leagues) and play one game per week, when the real team does. You play a random human who is the opposition, and if you win, that is counted as a "vote" for your team. At the end of the week, the team with the most "votes" in that fixture is given 3pts (so you can win but if the majority of fans lose then your team won't be awarded any points).

Online Leagues is a league you set up yourself, for you and your mates online. You can set the rules, boot out cheats etc... Supports up to 32 teams, you can play the games whenever you like.

jack cna you setup a champions league style tourney online with a group league?

phoned shopto and asked when is the soonest they'll be dispatching fifa

the guy said 'you'll get an email so if you haven't got an email yet its not been dispatched'

So again i said 'ive not ordered it - i just want to know when you might be dispatching'

to which he said 'when we get the stock in

so i come back with 'and when might that be?'

him 'either later today or tomorrow... if its today the game will be distapatched for delivery thursday - if its tomorrow you'll get it friday ok?'

--

Quick Q for shopto people -- if i decide i want to remove my card details from the site after entering them as it seems to be asking for.. can i remove them or have they got some sort of block that stops me removing them?

seems a bit suspect that they want to keep my details on their systems.. anyone had any kind of problems with this?

What? Why didn't they just tell you Wednesday despatch like I've been told? Someone else has been told Wednesday too. Odd.

You know what, I'm going to change my mind AGAIN. I'm annoying, I know. But I don't want them dispatching it and taking my £40 only for it to get to me for Friday, when I can go and pick it up using my credit note anyway.

I'm still on the hunt for local shops that might sell it early though.

Back
Top Bottom