FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Jamie, Carl was on drugs when I asked him if the English lower-league ball was in. He said it wasn't. It is. :D

WOW. In manager mode, the cups all take place at the right times of year, which I wasn't expecting from that IGN review.

And, more than that, it's not just one cup. You've got the League Cup first, then the Johnstone's Paint Trophy (if you're in Tranmere's league) and then the F.A. Cup which doesn't start until December.

Manager mode looks amazing.

Hope you don't mind Jack. I had to use that quote on another forum to shut up some PES fanboys who are tearing FIFA to shreds because of that IGN review.

Jamie, Carl was on drugs when I asked him if the English lower-league ball was in. He said it wasn't. It is. :D

You've just made my day, little things like that, make the gaming experience so much better!!

GET IN, Bring on Thursday!!

Hope you don't mind Jack. I had to use that quote on another forum to shut up some PES fanboys who are tearing FIFA to shreds because of that IGN review.
You can tell them this as well then... When you make a custom tournament the option is there to set at what venue the final is played (including Wembley). So why would the FA Cup final not be held there? I'm sure that it is in the manager mode.

I was writing down notes in a notebook but I'm using Evo-Web as a notebook now, hope you don't mind. Excuse the two-line posts one after the other. ;)

Scoring is so fucking satisfying. You know when people say "and when I did this I shouted out loud, it was so great"? Well honestly, when I scored my first goal with Tranmere, I didn't even feel it coming, but I shouted "OH MY GOD!" at the top of my voice. It was so satisfying; v Doncaster, the defenders were getting tighter to me, managed to get a pass into Zola (not THE Zola) and he JUST managed to get a shot off, the marker's foot didn't kick out in time. It just missed the keeper's outstretched glove and nearly burst the net.

Absolutely brilliant. And the difference between different leagues really is big.

Sounds great, just to confirm for the net lovers so we can limit the questions down to just this one, are the nets differnet to the demo.

Also you picked up on any goalkeeping bugs in the few games you have played?

Tnx Jack, shame the response time for movement is the same. But im pleased with how it was anyway. Is the reponse time for passing also improved or only for shooting?

As for the confessions,

Hi Im Dean,

25 and finishing my Masters Degree. I really should know better. Fortunatly, or maybe not, im very busy and dedicated to uni (its my last semester and i should be finished in jan/feb) so it keeps me away from gaming and reduces it to about an hour a day. I say fortunatly as i could imagine me spending far too much time playing it if i had a regular dayjob and didnt need to work into the evening/nights to finish work. I fear my near future will be filled with uni work, the pleasure of playing a decent managermode and the grumpy moods from my girlfriend who will think that i should be spending more time with her. Although fortunatly when she's moody she goes to her own room and watches tv, giving me more time to play :D

Last edited:

They've even got the boots and boot colours right for my Tranmere, that's dedication. And I've just noticed they have our new away kit - despite the fact that they only announced it at Tranmere a week ago. They've done their homework!

Sounds great, just to confirm for the net lovers so we can limit the questions down to just this one, are the nets differnet to the demo.
I'm not big on nets so I don't really notice, but it appears to depend on the stadium. At Tranmere's stadium they're like the demo, at places like Camp Nou they're like in the videos.

Also you picked up on any goalkeeping bugs in the few games you have played?
Nope. :)

Tnx Jack, shame the response time for movement is the same. But im pleased with how it was anyway. Is the reponse time for passing also improved or only for shooting?
All kicking of the ball; passing, crossing, shooting etc.

The Galaxy players do seem a bit overrated.

I was watching LA Galaxy beat Colorado Rapids two weeks ago (yes really, been on holiday in California) and as it was my first MLS game I was shocked at the poor standard of football. I knew it wasn't going to be top class football but all I can say is it's probably on a par with Coca-Cola League 1.

But I suppose EA have to appease the American market to some extent.

thats ridiculous mate, you were watching two of the worst teams. If you saw sunderland play derby you would probably say something similar. Now if you were watching two top MLS teams its more on par with the championship.

thats ridiculous mate, you were watching two of the worst teams. If you saw sunderland play derby you would probably say something similar. Now if you were watching two top MLS teams its more on par with the championship.

I was commenting on the Galaxy players as their stats have been posted on the FIFA blog. Sorry but the players are overated. I'm sure teams like Houston and DC United are of a better standard, but I watch my Championship team every week
and I can honestly say its much better than what I saw at the Home Depot Centre. Anyway, back to FIFA.

...Hi Im Dean,

25 and finishing my Masters Degree. I really should know better. Fortunatly, or maybe not, im very busy and dedicated to uni (its my last semester and i should be finished in jan/feb) so it keeps me away from gaming and reduces it to about an hour a day. I say fortunatly as i could imagine me spending far too much time playing it if i had a regular dayjob and didnt need to work into the evening/nights to finish work. I fear my near future will be filled with uni work, the pleasure of playing a decent managermode and the grumpy moods from my girlfriend who will think that i should be spending more time with her. Although fortunatly when she's moody she goes to her own room and watches tv, giving me more time to play :D

Hi Dean!

Sounds like the ideal situ with your GF then! :)

What I tend to do is the old "can I run you a bath dear?" - gaurantees a good hour of peace, plus when she gets out, she is pleased I did something for her, so says 'why dont you play your station thing for a bit?'

Oh, dont mind if I do!!! :)

You mean the mitre ball? you can't be real... please say yes :D
Yes :)

Ignore what I said about response times being the same apart from when kicking the ball, I've been playing as Tranmere until now. Just played as Liverpool and ZZZOOOOOOMMM. Definite improvement.

Ignore what I said about response times being the same apart from when kicking the ball, I've been playing as Tranmere until now. Just played as Liverpool and ZZZOOOOOOMMM. Definite improvement.

please, tell me that the speed (the pace in english..? i dunn) of the gameplay is still the same as the demo !

i don't wanna a pinball game..

:D:D:D:D:D
I am in love with the mitre balls :D Thank you for the great news dude.

So you confirm response times for player movement is improved? Thats great news thank you again :)

Hi Dean!

Sounds like the ideal situ with your GF then! :)

What I tend to do is the old "can I run you a bath dear?" - gaurantees a good hour of peace, plus when she gets out, she is pleased I did something for her, so says 'why dont you play your station thing for a bit?'

Oh, dont mind if I do!!! :)

I let her watch 'America's Next Top Model', she lets me play the 360. It's a good arrangement.

JB: Do the Football League teams have the RED COCA COLA PATCHES on their sleeve?

Not over fussed but that would complete a foookin good day for me :mrgreen:

JB: Do the Football League teams have the RED COCA COLA PATCHES on their sleeve?

Not over fussed but that would complete a foookin good day for me :mrgreen:
Erm...

Well...

Er...

:(

YES THEY DO! Hahaha, sorry, had to do that. But that was one of the first things I noticed when I picked Tranmere (that and the fact that their week-old away kit is there). Coca Cola sleeve patches all around.

please, tell me that the speed (the pace in english..? i dunn) of the gameplay is still the same as the demo !
The pace is the same, it's just the response times that have improved.

The difficulty from the demo has gone, defenders are a lot more realistic. So much so that on Pro I'm winning/drawing and rarely losing, so I've gone up to World Class and now I'm getting beat 2-0 regularly. But I'll stick to that because I'll get used to it. And as for Legendary... No thanks. :|

A small question for those who have the full game : do some of the teams have no sponsors ? In the french version apparently there's no shirt ads of betting and alcohol (ex: milan, madrid, liverpool,...). Just to know if it's only localized to the french version...

Last edited:

Wow, sounds fookin awesome JB!

This thread will keep me going through work today, just checking back every now and then to see if there are any more bits of info :)

Keep up the great work JB, really appreciate you taking the time to post in here and inform us all, as it must be really tempting to just keep playing non stop!!! Thanks :)

A small question for those who have the full game : do some of the teams have no sponsors ? In the french version apparently there's shirt ads of betting and alcohol (ex: milan, madrid, liverpool,...). Just to know if it's only localized to the french version...
It says Carlsberg on Liverpool's shirt, that's an alcohol ad, but it's still there.

that's discusting then if IGN reviewed the game - slagged of the cup format and dates of the matches and pointed out that the cup final was held in the wrong place.

AND then you find out by someone WHO HAS ACTUALLY PLAYED IT... that that its misleading bullshit!

I know ign are useless shits anyway - they claimed to have GTA SA before the release and a world exclusive review and we're talking about skateboarding and picking up hitch hikers and saying how much fun it was... and those things had been dumped from the game months before.

-

The shameful thing is - they clearly reviewed the game as Pes fanboys (not pes fans or football fans no!) to appeal to the elitist pricks who ONLY play pes and shit on anything fifa/ea without playing it (yet i suspect half of them secretly buy fifa anyway).

Thanks for the TRUTH Jack.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom