FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

God I cant keep away from it! Just thought I'd let you know that I've noticed when you play a player out of position, his first touch will be worse, his passing wont be as good etc. Its awesome how differnt things affect a players morale.

Can we have some confirmation on Arsenal's Phillipe Senderos, does he or does he not exist, he is not listed by FIFASOCCERBLOG.com, and the EA forum is up in arms, so would like to calm them down before their heads explodes.

Anyone with the game want to confirm something I'm SURE is in the game? Thanks :)

Can we have some confirmation on Arsenal's Phillipe Senderos, does he or does he not exist, he is not listed by FIFASOCCERBLOG.com, and the EA forum is up in arms, so would like to calm them down before their heads explodes.

Anyone with the game want to confirm something I'm SURE is in the game? Thanks :)

of course he will be there the picks taken were not of the full squads... just the main 22....

OK so the 4-3-1-2 isnt for Inter.

Just lost 3-0 to marseille, my team were all bunched up in midfield. Had no widemen on the field and it shown.

Zenden even lobbed my goalkeeper :| I got owned.

Just lost 3-0 to marseille, my team were all bunched up in midfield. Had no widemen on the field and it shown.

Inter 4-4-2 classic!

Adriano and Ibra for me though the best forward for inter is Ibra

Can anyone (jay or JB) post 1 screen of the kit from Borussia Dortmund? Just a frontshot. Want to know how it looks and if the new kitsponsor is on it. Please :)

I have a question about stats that I hope someone is able to answer here... Are they going to update player stats before release and / or during the season?

Ie: Messi's stats are way lower than the real ones... It's not that I am unhappy, being a R. Madrid supporter :-), but It is inaccurate. Messi is easily amongst the top three players in the world. He has superior tecnnique, is faster than any other top player, is deadly into the box... Hell, I might be flamed by UK supporters, but he is miles ahead of players like c.Ronaldo...!!

In PES2008 It is also considered as badly.

I suppose they should watch some Barcelona matches and acknowledge that Ronnie is not the maestro anymore. Messi is the real deal at Can Barca.

which version you playing... 360 or PS3?

Can anyone (jay or JB) post 1 screen of the kit from Borussia Dortmund? Just a frontshot. Want to know how it looks and if the new kitsponsor is on it. Please :)
Things like stats and kit requests are very hard, even though the site is still relatively new we've had a hell of a lot of emails saying "can I have the stats for all players and kit shots for Aston Villa/Borussia Dortmund/Cruziero/Darlington/Everton please". Where it's possible I will say what the sponsor on the shirt is, as it's ten times easier to type a word than take pictures and videos and upload them all. There will be more shots and videos on the way but they will be gameplay videos - big teams v big teams, small teams v small teams, runthroughs of various modes, things like that. Everybody can be happy with those, not just the supports of a certain club.

Woohoo, this time tomorrow I'll be a few games into a Tranmere career game. :D I will be a while taking notes and snapping a few screenshots/vids, and I doubt I'll have time to visit Evo-Web more than once or twice through the day (as getting the stuff done for FIFASoccerBlog is what the priority has to be) but I will do the best I can and give the most honest and open review I can (if I see any bugs I will be letting rip, like I already have about that can't-select-the-CPU-side thing for multiplayer).

And if a black player at Tranmere is white in the game then I will be on a plane to Canada before the weekend.

Does anyone know if I can use the d-pad for directions in the full edition?
No. Sorry. :( I am genuinely sorry because it means that a few guys I know will refuse to play the game, but as usual when there's a problem like this (with PES or with FIFA) the developers have said "next year"...

I have a question about stats that I hope someone is able to answer here... Are they going to update player stats before release and / or during the season?

Ie: Messi's stats are way lower than the real ones... It's not that I am unhappy, being a R. Madrid supporter :-), but It is inaccurate. Messi is easily amongst the top three players in the world. He has superior tecnnique, is faster than any other top player, is deadly into the box... Hell, I might be flamed by UK supporters, but he is miles ahead of players like c.Ronaldo...!!
You can edit stats yourself and they will play to your game, but offline only.

EA will be doing an official transfer update patch as well at some point, which can be used online. But it will be at the end of the January transfer window from the sound of things.

Last edited:

From what I've been told, yep (but with tweaks to certain code, perhaps transfer values will be a bit more realistic this year).

Right, I'm off to bed now, see you tomorrow. :D

Well thats nice

The money shot question though will be if we get reward money for winning things - or will we all have to cheat buying and selling free agents again

From the IGN review:

How about the venerable FA Cup, which in the world of FIFA 08 has Premier League teams in the Second Round and a final played in September. (Incidentally, Cardiff City beat Doncaster Rovers to lift the trophy, which has to go down as merely improbable). And in The League Cup, Plymouth Argyle's reward for an heroic march to the final was the honour of staging it at their own ground, something that*is all the more frustrating given that the game features a perfectly recreated New Wembley.

Fuck sake. How easy is it to set the final for the league cup to be played at Wembley. And I don't like the sound of those teams playing in the final. Sounds like Manager Mode is a shambles again.

=

Woohoo, this time tomorrow I'll be a few games into a Tranmere career game. :D I will be a while taking notes and snapping a few screenshots/vids, and I doubt I'll have time to visit Evo-Web more than once or twice through the day (as getting the stuff done for FIFASoccerBlog is what the priority has to be) but I will do the best I can and give the most honest and open review I can (if I see any bugs I will be letting rip, like I already have about that can't-select-the-CPU-side thing for multiplayer).

I HATE YOU!!!! :(

I actually know that Steve Hill, met him loads when ive been at xleague. hes ok tbh, doesnt like fifa much tho lol

I see the Emirates stadium is the "old verson", the way it looked in the beginning of 2006/2007 season..But they have fixed the arsenal collar, he he. Getting it on Wednesday or early Thursday :lmao:

Edit: does anybody know if we can edit and change the faces of players that dont have a default/original face?

Last edited:

Three things I like ALOT of this game:

- Single player is quite good. Multiplayer is a blast. Best ever.

- Action is in the midfield, and tactically you can change the trend of a match against you opponent. You can really do PRESS your opponent, and close spaces on his midfield/ defence. This concept is unexistant in pes, where your influence is only perceived in a single player in your team and positions are lost everytime.

- It's hard when played at manual. So hard, that sometimes when I score I find myself simply passing the ball and no risking to mantain the result, something I never did in PES. In Fifa I now it's difficult to score, so why risking the ball if I can make the match "die" slowly? In PES, I know I can score 6 or 7 goals (about an average of 3 due to CPU cheats kicking in) so there's no need to play strategies during a match. It's these things that keep me playing the demo like crazy and make for a bit realistic game.

My only worry about Fifa is not about the game, but about the Franchise. What if kids find it too difficult or can't get the depth of it and sales go down? EA would return then to the old arcade path and it would be a disgrace to us hardcore gamers. I'd like the producer to be confirmed for 2009, so they go on in this path they've taken.

Oh, and one thing I'm missing is the ability to foul a player by simply running to him without challenging the ball. That would allow me to do tactical fouls in midfield to stop counters. I love doing this in real life (here you can insult me), just like Deco. Mmmm, speaking of fouls, anyone noticed the strange ammount of time "advantage" is conceded by the referee when a foul is comitted but play goes on?

Last edited:

WTH did I just saw what I saw they put london donavon as a 79... a 79 WTH is that,I mean that guy suck mls players are overated I mean dont tell me that london donavan have europe quality ROFL,thats a massive overating right there not just overated but MASSIVLY overrate wow im shooed.

thx for the stats at the blog. looks like I will have to do some serious editing on the stats.

dede <80? haha - he is one of the best left defenders in europe

WTH did I just saw what I saw they put london donavon as a 79... a 79 WTH is that,I mean that guy suck mls players are overated I mean dont tell me that london donavan have europe quality ROFL,thats a massive overating right there not just overated but MASSIVLY overrate wow im shooed.

Seems like a fair rating to me. Do you watch MLS? The man is easily one of the top 5 players in MLS, I'm sure he could play for a mid-table English club if he wanted to.

Seems like a fair rating to me. Do you watch MLS? The man is easily one of the top 5 players in MLS, I'm sure he could play for a mid-table English club if he wanted to.

yes thank you, landon donovan is top notch, lazy forken you an ignorant fool who has probably never even seen him play and if you have your blind

Can anyone post the international teams? I can't wait to play legendary mode and probably get beat 20-1. This game is so hard and realistic. You can turn to CPU .vs CPU and you'd have a realistic football match you can watch anytime.

The Galaxy players do seem a bit overrated.

I was watching LA Galaxy beat Colorado Rapids two weeks ago (yes really, been on holiday in California) and as it was my first MLS game I was shocked at the poor standard of football. I knew it wasn't going to be top class football but all I can say is it's probably on a par with Coca-Cola League 1.

But I suppose EA have to appease the American market to some extent.

Back
Top Bottom