FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

play.com still doesnt have it in stock but has every other platform. guess im cancelling.

Order from

Game
Gameplay
Shopto

one of them and you will get it early i have used game last 2 yrs and got fifa rtwc, fifa wc and fifa 07 2days early im hoping thts the case this yr as i had to preorder it after my free copy of the game wont come until the 30th now:) so much for me getting it early

That review is shocking. How much are them guys paid?

It made me laugh when they mentioned that FIFA churns out the same game every year and adds and removes features for the future! PES anybody? haha.

That review is shocking. How much are them guys paid?

It made me laugh when they mentioned that FIFA churns out the same game every year and adds and removes features for the future! PES anybody? haha.

For christ sake its a persons opinion. Thats all reviews are.

Just like Halo get 10/10. He may prefer PES so what, buy it play it and enjoy it. Simple

Interesting to contrast that IGN review with the EGM magazine scores:

Fifa 08(PS3/360): 9 (Todd), 9 (John), 8 (Andrew P.)-Game of the Month (Tie)

It should be noted that Todd is a pretty big PES fanboy, well atleast I thought he was.

I am very interested to get to read the text

Sent the bastards this complaint, guessed it would be better then to only bore you lot with it;

Dear IGN-er,

This comment is to file a complaint due to the lack of professionalism from your reviewer, Steve Hill, IGN UK. The article in question is the FIFA08 XBOX360 review.

As IGN is a large, multi format information site I was under the assumption that your employees needed to have a decent level of objectivity and professionalism to give your readers the best possible information and opinion regarding games, movies, music, etc. However the article in question shows little, to no objectivity regarding the game. Whether this is due to his personal preference in unclear. What is clear is that the general attitude towards the game is negative and seems to originate from a general dislike of the franchise and its history and not in fact originating from the actual game it self.

I’ve come to this conclusion based on the following example’s taken from the review. “It's easy to slag off FIFA, so let's make a start.” This is the first sentence and pretty much sets the tone. This is followed by the factually correct statement that the 360 debut of FIFA07 contained less teams, tournaments, etc. It is then followed by the insinuation that the reason for this was a fabricated argument that they, EA, had to build a new engine. Again I quote; “Apparently, the developers were too busy honing the next-generation graphics and gameplay to type in the details of the relevant clubs,…” Anyone who has actually bothered play the game, FIFA07 on the XBOX360, can clearly see that it was a completely new game engine. Both professional publications as well as EA themselves confirm this. Or does Mr. Hill have some secret information that he can provide to back-up his insinuation?

He continues with some factual complaints that his his right and, I assume, are correct. This then is followed by the statement that the people behind the game, the developer and its employees, do not care about football. Is this a generalisation based on the fact the game is produced in Vancouver, Canada? Even though the team consist of people from across the world and that the produce, Joe Booth, is a Leeds United supporter? Again I assume he has back-up for this claim?

There are another couple of instances in the “review” that carry a negative slant to positive additions, features that I wont go into. I feel the above examples clearly show why I have written this complaint and that the lack of objectivity and professionalism needs no further highlighting.

I look forward to your response.

Kind Regards,

tik4

Interesting to contrast that IGN review with the EGM magazine scores:

Fifa 08(PS3/360): 9 (Todd), 9 (John), 8 (Andrew P.)-Game of the Month (Tie)

It should be noted that Todd is a pretty big PES fanboy, well atleast I thought he was.

I am very interested to get to read the text

linkage

Someone posted the EGM scores on the 1up boards, so no text to read yet. I imagine Todd's 1up review will be online soon enough though.

Here is the 1up thread if you fancy a read through anyway.

EGM Live* is downloading now, they usually talk about the weeks releases on there but I imagine a certain green space marine will hog the limelight.

Someone posted the EGM scores on the 1up boards, so no text to read yet. I imagine Todd's 1up review will be online soon enough though.

Here is the 1up thread if you fancy a read through anyway.

EGM Live* is downloading now, they usually talk about the weeks releases on there but I imagine a certain green space marine will hog the limelight.

Thanks DutFish

I'm a bit disturbed by that l-Up site - especially as the user and 1UP MOD Paul_Gale has an image of what i assume is himself, half naked, showing off his pecs of steel.

Nice letter TikTik, some grammar mistakes though :)

It'd be interesting to see if they reply, let us know mate :)

Is that a new feature since the crash/down time today?

(seems game trailers isn't working as well as youtube)

Nice goal AirJoca, I liked the trick before the shot :)

new member here, was given the site by a mate. not a fanboy but rather a fan of both of the major football games. but when i found this review i was pretty disgusted and left a few comments. the conduct of this review was shocking. from the very first sentence he made it clear he was going use this review as a platform of attacking fifa 08. bypassing the fact that this fifa 08 title is probably infact one of the best releases from EA in a while.

Thats my 2 cents for the time being

heres an arena goal i am rather proud of to keep you occupied :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLma683qv0o

Last edited by a moderator:

Its funny how so many people love certain games and others dont.Some game reviewers are just the same.I dont like Halo:shock: never had and never will yet IGN rate it as 9.5 (incredible!!) that says to me that i should go and buy it yet i know its not my cup of tea so if i played it I may well score it an 8/10.

Same goes for FIFA/PES if the game is the one that the reviewer prefers then its going to score high, masking over the defects to get thier favourite game where they want it to be.

That is why I dont take much notice of game reviews cus its still born from a matter of opinion.

KRadiation, do you know if The Games Company in Widnes has FIFA in stock? Do they break release dates?

oohhh - i can ask them tomorrow.

They had Katamari in stock/for sale about 2 weeks before the release date. I've never tried for any other games though - I'm in the habit of trading in old stuff and getting new ones so they never pop into my head.

I'll give them a call tomorrow and ask when is the soonest they'll be selling fifa 08

Its funny how so many people love certain games and others dont.Some game reviewers are just the same.I dont like Halo:shock: never had and never will yet IGN rate it as 9.5 (incredible!!) that says to me that i should go and buy it yet i know its not my cup of tea so if i played it I may well score it an 8/10.

Same goes for FIFA/PES if the game is the one that the reviewer prefers then its going to score high, masking over the defects to get thier favourite game where they want it to be.

That is why I dont take much notice of game reviews cus its still born from a matter of opinion.

reviewers should be professional enough to offer a neutral view on the game, otherwise you dont let someone who is a avid player of a rival title do your main site review....

its like letting a rangers fan write for celtic news etc

They have alot of games early as I seem to recall, stayed in Runcorn of all places for 6 months for my foreign traineeship and when I had a look on the 23rd of October last year they had PES 6 in stock already.....

reviewers should be professional enough to offer a neutral view on the game, otherwise you dont let someone who is a avid player of a rival title do your main site review....

its like letting a rangers fan write for celtic news etc

Well you want a persons take on the game. No reviewer canbe neutral the only way would be for one person to play one game EVER.

We all play games love them & hate them. The reviewer obviously does not like aspects of the game...so what. You all played & enjoyed surely tahts all that matters.

Thats what demos are there for

Halo is an okay game but some people breathe & live it. I dont personally see the enjoyment.

I am a PES fanboy but FIFA 08 is good & fun. I will get both. I dont like aspects of both, would that make me a bad reviewer?

new member here, was given the site by a mate. not a fanboy but rather a fan of both of the major football games. but when i found this review i was pretty disgusted and left a few comments. the conduct of this review was shocking. from the very first sentence he made it clear he was going use this review as a platform of attacking fifa 08. bypassing the fact that this fifa 08 title is probably infact one of the best releases from EA in a while.

Thats my 2 cents for the time being

heres an arena goal i am rather proud of to keep you occupied :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLma683qv0o

welcome aboard and a very nice goal you scored there. I recognized that only 1 of 10 shots get curled when I shoot a freekick holding down R1

oohhh - i can ask them tomorrow.

They had Katamari in stock/for sale about 2 weeks before the release date. I've never tried for any other games though - I'm in the habit of trading in old stuff and getting new ones so they never pop into my head.

I'll give them a call tomorrow and ask when is the soonest they'll be selling fifa 08

Cheers mate, I was going to call them but sent an email instead. They didn't reply in the end, probably thought I was someone from EA :lol:

If they say they'll sell early, let me know :)

Back
Top Bottom