FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Things like stats and kit requests are very hard, even though the site is still relatively new we've had a hell of a lot of emails saying "can I have the stats for all players and kit shots for Aston Villa/Borussia Dortmund/Cruziero/Darlington/Everton please". Where it's possible I will say what the sponsor on the shirt is, as it's ten times easier to type a word than take pictures and videos and upload them all. There will be more shots and videos on the way but they will be gameplay videos - big teams v big teams, small teams v small teams, runthroughs of various modes, things like that. Everybody can be happy with those, not just the supports of a certain club.

Woohoo, this time tomorrow I'll be a few games into a Tranmere career game. :D I will be a while taking notes and snapping a few screenshots/vids, and I doubt I'll have time to visit Evo-Web more than once or twice through the day (as getting the stuff done for FIFASoccerBlog is what the priority has to be) but I will do the best I can and give the most honest and open review I can (if I see any bugs I will be letting rip, like I already have about that can't-select-the-CPU-side thing for multiplayer).

And if a black player at Tranmere is white in the game then I will be on a plane to Canada before the weekend.

No. Sorry. :( I am genuinely sorry because it means that a few guys I know will refuse to play the game, but as usual when there's a problem like this (with PES or with FIFA) the developers have said "next year"...

You can edit stats yourself and they will play to your game, but offline only.

EA will be doing an official transfer update patch as well at some point, which can be used online. But it will be at the end of the January transfer window from the sound of things.

Well i was just asking for Legia Warsaw the team i wantto play online with you all with. it's not the best team by any means but it's abit of the homeland you know

From the IGN review:

How about the venerable FA Cup, which in the world of FIFA 08 has Premier League teams in the Second Round and a final played in September. (Incidentally, Cardiff City beat Doncaster Rovers to lift the trophy, which has to go down as merely improbable). And in The League Cup, Plymouth Argyle's reward for an heroic march to the final was the honour of staging it at their own ground, something that*is all the more frustrating given that the game features a perfectly recreated New Wembley.

Fuck sake. How easy is it to set the final for the league cup to be played at Wembley. And I don't like the sound of those teams playing in the final. Sounds like Manager Mode is a shambles again.

That's not manager mode that's individual competitons he's talking about. That reviewer was a total idiot anyway.

That's not so bad, but even still. Individual comps should still use the same format, it's the same cup so use the same format.

...Woohoo, this time tomorrow I'll be a few games into a Tranmere career game. :D I will be a while taking notes and snapping a few screenshots/vids, and I doubt I'll have time to visit Evo-Web more than once or twice through the day (as getting the stuff done for FIFASoccerBlog is what the priority has to be) but I will do the best I can and give the most honest and open review I can (if I see any bugs I will be letting rip, like I already have about that can't-select-the-CPU-side thing for multiplayer).

And if a black player at Tranmere is white in the game then I will be on a plane to Canada before the weekend...

Be great to hear your thoughts on the lower leagues JB. Supporting Southend, I always get frustrated with FIFA as it makes our players either black (when they are white), our bald (when they have hair).

If you could do a Tranmere/Southend friendly, that would be awesome ;)

Two days to go until FIFA 08 arrives, im actually gagging for my FIFA fix now, im looking forward to Jack's review, he is the most honest reviewer on the board and he isn't affraid to criticize the games negatives.

My mission today is to find somewhere that is selling the game online overnight, so it will arrive tommorow morning, if not I will stick with shopto, if anybody knows of anywhere let me know please and vice versa. :)

Two days to go until FIFA 08 arrives, im actually gagging for my FIFA fix now, im looking forward to Jack's review, he is the most honest reviewer on the board and he isn't affraid to criticize the games negatives.

My mission today is to find somewhere that is selling the game online overnight, so it will arrive tommorow morning, if not I will stick with shopto, if anybody knows of anywhere let me know please and vice versa. :)

I've got a sneaky feeling (no proof, so dont shoot me!) that ShopTo *might* send out later today.

I've got everything crossed anyway!!

I've got a sneaky feeling (no proof, so dont shoot me!) that ShopTo *might* send out later today.

I've got everything crossed anyway!!

Well :mrgreen: when i rang them yesterday, someone called Darren said they were shipping Tuesday night, but then in the afternoon he rang me back up and said it will definetley be Wednesday night they are shipping out....so god knows whats happening!!

I think the best way to look at review is to look at a range of them and see what the general consensous is. I have always found CVG, Eurogamer, Gamespot and Game Magazine to be accurate.

Well :mrgreen: when i rang them yesterday, someone called Darren said they were shipping Tuesday night, but then in the afternoon he rang me back up and said it will definetley be Wednesday night they are shipping out....so god knows whats happening!!

Yep, Darren was the guy who emailed me and said shipping will be Wednesday night too.

Yawn... This is a bit early for me and I... Oh wait, hold on a moment I've got a package...

FIFA 08? Who ordered that?!

I might as well put it in the console before I send it back to the poor fella...

:D

Don't you work Jack?

Do you have to send promo copies back?

Yawn... This is a bit early for me and I... Oh wait, hold on a moment I've got a package...

FIFA 08? Who ordered that?!

I might as well put it in the console before I send it back to the poor fella...

:D

Wahoooo! Come on... Mighty Tranmere v Super Southend - lets have some match screens eh?! LOL...

Have fun!

20 mins since you posted Jack, that's long enough! We want your impressions :)

How are you finding the defence? AI? Goalies? Response times? Commentary?

Just phoned an independant shop near me (The Games Company) and they haven't got it, the woman didn't know what was happening with it but said they usually get games in the day before release :(

Last edited by a moderator:

I'll be busy throughout the day taking notes for FIFASoccerBlog, mate, so I won't be in here very often.

But I just wanted to say, checked out the Online Leagues... Brilliant, except, you can only choose to play each team an ODD number of times. So we can't recreate a Premier League season, because then you'd play each team twice, and you can only choose once, three times, five times etc... What the fuck was the thinking behind that?

Lol @ Dazfeeder, doesnt surprise me much :D

@ the comments that a review is all about someone's impressions. A good review is actually built up of objective information and their subjective opinion on that. And all of it in a decent level of professionalism. If i wanted poor comments reviews of games i would read forums. The review had very little information about the game (animations, physics,etc) and what little factual information was told had a negative slant. It was very unbalanced, and the scores show that. Pretty much an 8/10 which would make it a very good game. I expect better from a site, and thats why i wrote in. Whether it will make any difference in doubtfull, but it lets me practice my english writing :D

@ Snoop, yeah noticed some mistakes aswell now i read it again. Shame, although it was just before i went to bed last night.

I should be getting the game aswell today so i can backup Jack hopefully. Although i wont bother post any stats or stuff. Cant wait. It really does feel like xmas for a 6 year old. Couldnt sleep well and a lot of the time i was thinking about today and getting the game, how sad are we?!

@ Jack, a best out of.....? Could understand it if the general use for it will be small scale leagues between 2,3,4 people. Although even then, they should atleast give the option.

Lol @ Dazfeeder, doesnt surprise me much :D

@ the comments that a review is all about someone's impressions. A good review is actually built up of objective information and their subjective opinion on that. And all of it in a decent level of professionalism. If i wanted poor comments reviews of games i would read forums. The review had very little information about the game (animations, physics,etc) and what little factual information was told had a negative slant. It was very unbalanced, and the scores show that. Pretty much an 8/10 which would make it a very good game. I expect better from a site, and thats why i wrote in. Whether it will make any difference in doubtfull, but it lets me practice my english writing :D

@ Snoop, yeah noticed some mistakes aswell now i read it again. Shame, although it was just before i went to bed last night.

I should be getting the game aswell today so i can backup Jack hopefully. Although i wont bother post any stats or stuff. Cant wait. It really does feel like xmas for a 6 year old. Couldnt sleep well and a lot of the time i was thinking about today and getting the game, how sad are we?!

@ Jack, a best out of.....? Could understand it if the general use for it will be small scale leagues between 2,3,4 people. Although even then, they should atleast give the option.

I feel pretty sad to be honest! I'm ahamed to say that I'm 31 and the last few days have felt like X-Mas as a 6 year old too.

"My name is Paul and I am an addict"

Come on, while we wait, lets have some admissions of addiction (and ages, so I dont feel so sad!)

I feel pretty sad to be honest! I'm ahamed to say that I'm 31 and the last few days have felt like X-Mas as a 6 year old too.

"My name is Paul and I am an addict"

Come on, while we wait, lets have some admissions of addiction (and ages, so I dont feel so sad!)

Martin.
34 years old (well, 3 weeks from 35!)
I've booked the day off on Friday and now have to take my son to the hospital to have a tooth taken out and I'm half hoping he's gonna be drowsey all afternoon so I can just sit and play FIFA once we're home.
You know when you have an addiction if it gets in the way of more important things so, gulp, yep, I'm already addicted to a game I don't yet have!

Martin.
34 years old (well, 3 weeks from 35!)
I've booked the day off on Friday and now have to take my son to the hospital to have a tooth taken out and I'm half hoping he's gonna be drowsey all afternoon so I can just sit and play FIFA once we're home.
You know when you have an addiction if it gets in the way of more important things so, gulp, yep, I'm already addicted to a game I don't yet have!

Ha! Yes... thank you Martin.

I am working from home for the rest of the week... AND my missus is going to London Friday/Saturday to see Grease, so I'll be up all night I reckon!

First impressions are that defensive AI is so much better. Playing Man Utd and then playing Bolton, I had one chance each half and then three or four chances each half. The way that defenders will get caught between men when you play well is brilliant to watch, they don't know where they are. :D

I was told response times were doubled by Carl, and I'd reported that on the blog, but I should expand on this; it's only when you kick the ball that response times are doubled (not for movement, which is the same). Perfectly realistic to me all-around, but I can understand those who play PES2008 and enjoy it won't be happy.

They actually have lower-league appearances perfect from what I can see - obviously no individually modelled faces so teams look alike, but no wrong-coloured players or wrong-haired players.

Back later. :)

hooopla....my wife call me....FIFA 08 hit my mailbox at home

fortunately i'm a PES player....but not this year...

First impressions are that defensive AI is so much better. Playing Man Utd and then playing Bolton, I had one chance each half and then three or four chances each half. The way that defenders will get caught between men when you play well is brilliant to watch, they don't know where they are. :D

I was told response times were doubled by Carl, and I'd reported that on the blog, but I should expand on this; it's only when you kick the ball that response times are doubled (not for movement, which is the same). Perfectly realistic to me all-around, but I can understand those who play PES2008 and enjoy it won't be happy.

They actually have lower-league appearances perfect from what I can see - obviously no individually modelled faces so teams look alike, but no wrong-coloured players or wrong-haired players.

Back later. :)

So basically it's shit and you're sending it back?

Thanks Jack. Keep up the good work.

(JOKE)

WOW. In manager mode, the cups all take place at the right times of year, which I wasn't expecting from that IGN review.

And, more than that, it's not just one cup. You've got the League Cup first, then the Johnstone's Paint Trophy (if you're in Tranmere's league) and then the F.A. Cup which doesn't start until December.

Manager mode looks amazing.

Johnstones Paint as well!! Get in......that sounds class!!

JB let me know your impressions of Leeds United when you play against them (obvious you will if your Tranmere) :D

Back
Top Bottom