FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

JB: Thank you very much for the info, i appreciate how busy you maybe!

FIFA is complete for me, cant believe how well that have done with the football league licensing, thats why FIFA kicks PES arse every time!! :lol:

The commentators have been captured a lot more realistically now, Andy Gray sounds like himself rather than my dad (in FIFA 07 he'd just constantly be like "WELL THAT WAS DISGRACEFUL, if I was him I'd slit my wrists").

And I nearly shat myself when Martin Tyler screamed "GERRARD!!!!!!!!!!"

Good point radiation. I just hope that IGN send a reply to the Evo Web member who sent them the email.

I feel pretty sad to be honest! I'm ahamed to say that I'm 31 and the last few days have felt like X-Mas as a 6 year old too.

"My name is Paul and I am an addict"

Come on, while we wait, lets have some admissions of addiction (and ages, so I dont feel so sad!)

Well,I`m 26 and I dont work at the time because I hurt my back some time ago, so gaming has become more important if you know what I mean.
I am also looking ridiculously forward to this game and its "killing" me that I have to wait to tomorrow or on Thursday to get the game. And with the good news around arsenal these days makes you wanna play it even more :8):

that's discusting then if IGN reviewed the game - slagged of the cup format and dates of the matches and pointed out that the cup final was held in the wrong place.

AND then you find out by someone WHO HAS ACTUALLY PLAYED IT... that that's all bullshit!
I'm assuming that when you play the competition OUTSIDE of manager mode, the dates are all wrong. I will check this, but they are certainly correct in manager mode. If that's the case and you're just playing a one-off cup, what does it matter if the dates are wrong anyway? It's not like you have league matches and everything else to fit in.

Haha, the commentary has had a major tweak. He actually says "corner now from Frank Lampard" or whoever, rather than "and that's a corner". Impressed! Another one:

"KUYT with the HEADER!!! AAAHH, just off target." - "That was a great move, he should have tested the keeper work there."

They've got the emotion spot-on.

EDIT: HAHA, my favourite so far...

"Defending? That wasn't it."

:D

Last edited:

Good point radiation. I just hope that IGN send a reply to the Evo Web member who sent them the email.

no way mate, they didn't even care to write a review, so i am not expecting that they will reply to tik4

For the guy who said "now that Mourinho's gone the commentary will be wrong", I've just noticed that they've done something very clever with the commentary. During a build-up to Liverpool v Chelsea Martin Tyler said "well during the Benitez and Mourinho years" ... so they're not saying they're still managers but they're not saying they're not. Crafty buggers!

A woman in the crowd just shouted "RUBBISH!" ... That hurts. I'm doing my best, love. I'm going to stop playing the game now. :(

Well,I`m 26 and I dont work at the time because I hurt my back some time ago, so gaming has become more important if you know what I mean.
I am also looking ridiculously forward to this game and its "killing" me that I have to wait to tomorrow or on Thursday to get the game. And with the good news around arsenal these days makes you wanna play it even more :8):

I'm Tim, and I'm 20. I have recently started a new job as an Epos Technical Engineer for Epos Group www.eposgroup.co.uk

I too have also booked the day off Friday to play FIFA :) Glad I have too, because I'm out Wednesday night and Thursday night!!!

A woman in the crowd just shouted "RUBBISH!" ... That hurts. I'm doing my best, love. I'm going to stop playing the game now. :(

:lmao:

Man, sod it, I'm putting in my pre-order with ShopTo, I want the game tomorrow. FIFA and passing my driving test in the same day will be excellent!

Lol @ Snoop - it's funny to see your purchasing plans fluctuate so wildly almost minute by minute!

I know, if you only knew how indecisive I am :(

I really haven't got the money for it, I'll probably have to borrow some money off my parents to pay for my driving lesson but this only happens once a year :)

the games company said the soonest they'll be selling fifa will be friday... well they didnt say friday. some bitch basically snapped 'Friday' at us

I very much doubt it will be here tommorow mate :(

I think ShopTo are good with delivery. I ordered Rainbow 6 Vegas a few weeks back, got an email saying it despatched at 4.45pm and it arrived the next morning :)

the games company said the soonest they'll be selling fifa will be friday... well they didnt say friday. some bitch basically snapped 'Friday' at us

Probably the same woman I spoke to, she didn't seem like the brightest bulb in the pack. Their loss.

Tnx Jack, thats all sounds really good, especially the responsetime. If you want to give yourself, even though its not nessecary, the backup to that claim you could always just play the same match from the demo, i.e. barca-redbull. Then you can compare it like-for-like without the differences between teams. Either way, it all sounds great! Ill be ringing the game shops around here after lunch(in 30min) to see if its in yet :D

I think ShopTo are good with delivery. I ordered Rainbow 6 Vegas a few weeks back, got an email saying it despatched at 4.45pm and it arrived the next morning :)

True but they did say it will be Wednesday which crushes my hopes! :(

True but they did say it will be Wednesday which crushes my hopes! :(

In my excitement, I'm thick :(

I did say tomorrow, but I meant Thursday. That's the day of my test so I'd want the game then. I'll get by tomorrow without it (somehow).

Jeez, we sound like a bunch of crackheads fiending for our next hit :shock:

Something I've noticed with the difficulty... It's very realistic in terms of, the bigger the team you are the easier the game is, even if you put the difficulty up to Legendary (which isn't as hard as Carl had made out, I would say it's about the same level as the demo, perhaps a bit harder).

Example; I'm Liverpool on Legendary v Everton and I can hold them to a 0-0. Man Utd come along and it's a lot harder. If I choose Tranmere and play Man Utd, on Legendary... Forget about it, basically.

Passes are misplaced by the CPU as well, even on Legendary. They've gone all-out to make a sim, which pleases me, but it won't please the people expecting it to play like a "game" (i.e. you put it on Legendary and Bolton play like Brazil).

Whoever sent that email to IGN needs to send another email with all the parts that JB has already said that there wrong on

some people will read there review and think fuck it im not buying that shit, when really half or there review is pure bullshit and its a very very good game

BTW the attention to detail sounds pretty ground breaking in terms of what we are used to

Something I've noticed with the difficulty... It's very realistic in terms of, the bigger the team you are the easier the game is, even if you put the difficulty up to Legendary (which isn't as hard as Carl had made out, I would say it's about the same level as the demo, perhaps a bit harder).

Example; I'm Liverpool on Legendary v Everton and I can hold them to a 0-0. Man Utd come along and it's a lot harder. If I choose Tranmere and play Man Utd, on Legendary... Forget about it, basically.

Passes are misplaced by the CPU as well, even on Legendary. They've gone all-out to make a sim, which pleases me, but it won't please the people expecting it to play like a "game" (i.e. you put it on Legendary and Bolton play like Brazil).

Good to read these impressions!

Can't wait!

Who invented this fucking thread arghhhh

all this news

now i have itchy fingers!! dunno what to do.

eagles!!!

Whoever sent that email to IGN needs to send another email with all the parts that JB has already said that there wrong on

some people will read there review and think fuck it im not buying that shit, when really half or there review is pure bullshit and its a very very good game

BTW the attention to detail sounds pretty ground breaking in terms of what we are used to

EA must be fuming at that review. IGN is a major player in gaming sites and quite a lot of people will trust IGN for whether to make a purchase. I imagine most people will try a demo, but no doubt EA WILL lose sales due to IGN's scandalous review.

Back
Top Bottom