FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

I might give them a ring you never know they might be some glimour of hope they they release them today.

I just called Game and Gamestation in Bootle, Liverpool, and both were adamant Friday would be the day, not before.

When I pressed Game they bloke said "it's very rare that things get released early these days" - well, Pro Evo 6 came out at least 1 day early last year so I'm still hopeful of getting my hands on it on Thursday.

I might give them a ring you never know they might be some glimour of hope they they release them today.

Good luck, Radiation just got laughed at though (well, metaphorically speaking). Seems quite hit and miss when stores are getting stock. Either that or some stores are lying saying they haven't got it. Cynical? Me? Nah! :8):

I just called Game and Gamestation in Bootle, Liverpool, and both were adamant Friday would be the day, not before.

When I pressed Game they bloke said "it's very rare that things get released early these days" - well, Pro Evo 6 came out at least 1 day early last year so I'm still hopeful of getting my hands on it on Thursday.

Gamestation is my main one, that's where I have my credit note. I can't see what the deal is with release dates. If you have the game in stock, sell it.

MJP, what's the name of that shop that sells ghames on Lime Street? Painted in black, not far from the Odeon. Is it even still there? They might break release early being an independant store.

MJP, what's the name of that shop that sells ghames on Lime Street? Painted in black, not far from the Odeon. Is it even still there? They might break release early being an independant store.

Oh yes - just did a quick yell search 'cause I don't know that off the top of my head and these guys said "It's Thirsde mate" - happy days!

Chipshop 2000
9, Slater St, Liverpool, Merseyside L1 4BW Tel: 0151 708 0022

Chipshop? I phoned them and they just said end of the week, didn't give a day. Knowing them though, they're a well expensive shop and I'd expect them to be charging £50, then drop to £40 on Friday when general sale starts.

I can't find the number for the place on Lime Street, I don't even know what it's called. :(

You mean the one on London road, opp the odeon.

I always used to get my Pro evo's from there a couple of days early.andpay a fiver extra!

You mean the one on London road, opp the odeon.

he has shut now. I always used to get my Pro evo's from there a couple of days early.

London Road, that'll explain why I can't find it :lmao:

That's the one though, cheers.

I had a feeling it might've shut down. It was a bit out of the way really. Anymore independant shops?

Just phoned ShopTo. Not getting it in until tomorrow lads, so us ShopTo pre-orderers won't get it until Thursday.

Just rang playtime media, near me, told me they have it in stock but one sell until someone else "breaks".

I hate them!

I seem to remember an Indie shop in Halton Lea if you know where t is....

Last edited:

@freMM, No idea, Halton would be near me though I think. I wouldn't know how to get there :(

@Jamie, tell them Take2 in South Africa have broke :) Or tell them the shop where TikTik has gone! TikTik can give you the shop details so your store can call and check.

@Jamie, tell them Take2 in South Africa have broke :) Or tell them the shop where TikTik has gone! TikTik can give you the shop details so your store can call and check.

Doubt Tiktik will be on for a while though :mrgreen:

I dont think they will sell unless woolworths (next door) or the big players like game and gamestations will sell.

@Snoop; It's where the Pizza Hut, The KFC and the movie theatre is, you know the "mall" type of thing with a lot of marginal scousers and emo kids hanging round the premises:lmao:

Brilliant feedback lads, the more I hear the more I cannot beleive how much I am looking forward to this game.

Fantastic feedback from Jack,and thanks to all the other guys, snoop,fifaproevo etc for creating a great thread.

Jack is the refereeing as lenient in the full game as he was in the demo and do they vary in strictness dependant upon who is in charge.

I bet it feels lovely with the crowd so close to the pitch aswell mate

I hate work:( I wanna go home and play FIFA:roll:

@Snoop; It's where the Pizza Hut, The KFC and the movie theatre is, you know the "mall" type of thing with a lot of marginal scousers and emo kids hanging round the premises:lmao:

Tridant Retail park? Or something? In Runcorn?

Brilliant feedback lads, the more I hear the more I cannot beleive how much I am looking forward to this game.

Fantastic feedback from Jack,and thanks to all the other guys, snoop,fifaproevo etc for creating a great thread.

Jack is the refereeing as lenient in the full game as he was in the demo and do they vary in strictness dependant upon who is in charge.

I bet it feels lovely with the crowd so close to the pitch aswell mate

I hate work:( I wanna go home and play FIFA:roll:

The only contributions I've been maklng have been placing/unplacing my ShopTo pre-orders :lol:

Yep, it's in Runcorn alright..The "wrong" side of the bridge:d
Sjeez, I live in Belgium and you live down there and I have to give you directions...Funny :d

Interesting, I live five mins the other side of the bridge (the good side) :) I might take a trip down on Thursday afternoon if I can get a lift and they're selling it early. But then the Chipshop could be selling on Thursday.

How do you know about these parts and live in Belgium? Used to live around the bridge?

I dunno if I can even get it friday due to money, I get some thursday, so that should be able to get it friday, if not should be saturday by latest :)

jack I am asking this question for the 3rd time. plz give me an answer. for how many minutes can you play a half? 5,10,15,20,25?

Back
Top Bottom