FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

i really dont understand the reason for the late realise date... ive seen people saying that the US isnt a football based country... but its not only the US, every NTSC country, including mexico(a football country) is having their realise later on oct. 10th.

Sad to say But i am from the US. and NONE here except maybe two friends of mine play Fifa. everyones' either halo this madden that... I come from a european back ground so my love for the game of football(yes football not soccer) comes from my dad being a goalie back in the day and my grandfather being a football grounds keeper.

it's this history within me that is the reasoning why i love the sport so sadly immigrating has left me here waiting to tour.

I'm going to pop into 'Game' in the Angel (Islington - London) on my way back from work and try and sweet talk the ladies ;-)

I bought my Xbox 360 from them last month and they were all ladies in there - which I respect.

I reckon I can get a bit of the Robby charm out and see where it gets me - I'm quietly confident :-)

By the way I'm 27 years of age and I'm glad to see older Men are desperate to play this game - I don't feel so lonely any more.

Double standards? You can't go saying you respect there being all ladies ... and then say you're going to sweet talk them :lol:

Sad to say But i am from the US. and NONE here except maybe two friends of mine play Fifa. everyones' either halo this madden that... I come from a european back ground so my love for the game of football(yes football not soccer) comes from my dad being a goalie back in the day and my grandfather being a football grounds keeper.

it's this history within me that is the reasoning why i love the sport so sadly immigrating has left me here waiting to tour.

i think maybe Ea wants to realise NBA 08(oct. 2nd) before fifa than??
they really need to get attention to that game this year after last years let down.

ps. also man, if u want to get in touch with more people waiting for fifa 08 there in the US , go to the operation sports forums, there are quite many yanks waiting for the game there.

Last edited:

I'm going to pop into 'Game' in the Angel (Islington - London) on my way back from work and try and sweet talk the ladies ;-)

I bought my Xbox 360 from them last month and they were all ladies in there - which I respect.

I reckon I can get a bit of the Robby charm out and see where it gets me - I'm quietly confident :-)

By the way I'm 27 years of age and I'm glad to see older Men are desperate to play this game - I don't feel so lonely any more.

very curious to see how this turns out. maybe you get a date in the end but no game? :lol:

get back to us asap! ;)

i really dont understand the reason for the late realise date... ive seen people saying that the US isnt a football based country... but its not only the US, every NTSC country, including mexico(a football country) is having their realise later on oct. 10th.

Yeah I dunno either. Doesn't make sense to me. We should get it at the same time. I looked into ordering from ShopTo but it takes 7-10 business days and that's the only method they have. So I cancelled it. Don't know where else to try to order from to get it here quickly. I am willing to get the PS3 version now and get the 360 version on Oct.9th.

Yeah I dunno either. Doesn't make sense to me. We should get it at the same time. I looked into ordering from ShopTo but it takes 7-10 business days and that's the only method they have. So I cancelled it. Don't know where else to try to order from to get it here quickly. I am willing to get the PS3 version now and get the 360 version on Oct.9th.

i would be in the same boat as u if i still had my ps3...
never thought i would actually be benefict by it...all it did here was gather dust after i got tired of mlb the show07.

Right guys, im back behind the pc to do some uni work *Starts swearing at the pc*......

Anyway, for a start im in Holland, rotterdam so i dont think it will help many of you. I played 3 games to test it out and ill just give some shorts impressions so i can get back to doing actual work...*starts swearing again*.....

1st match Barca - Redbull, 6min, professional.
The responsetime is definitly improved and is actually twice as fast, without timing it to back that up. However innitially you feel slightly underwhelmed by the different responsetime. Its probably because i exepcted it to make a lot of difference, which when played further it does, but innitially because the game has the same speed/tempo you dont notice it that much. However then you start using it in tight situations to keep possesion or use it to see if you can get past players it becomes very apparant how much better and how effective the improved responsetimes makes the game. Playing with henry you can now change angle slightly and sprint past the defender and youre away. It didnt get me in to goal scoring situations as the defense was smart enough to cover and sheperd me away from the goal but you can definitly tell the difference and with practice use it to be deadly. Which is how it should be with henry. Its now easier to create chances but the goalies are still actually very good so i only managed to score 1 goal. The final score was 1-2 in favour of redbull, they equalised as i gave altidore too much space and time near the area and he hit a lovely shot past the goalie. What you would expect really. They scored the winner with a header from a corner. Tbh i was testing the dribble/movement response a lot so i wasted quite a few moments that i could probably have punished them more with my better players.

2nd game was liverpool-everton. Even though liverpool are an excellent team you could really tell the difference between them and barca. The overal technique of the liverpool players was slightly less meaning they need just that extra bit more time to get the ball under control. The difference felt very natural and realistic. I pretty much dominated that match, but managed to lose in the last minute due to some poor defending. I put crouch in the team to test him out on crosses and he was definitly very dangerous and won most of the headers. Although in typical crouch stylee he headed the ball over the goal. Everton were very workmanlike and felt balanced and correct and slightly poorer overal then liverpool.

3rd match was probably my most enjoyable, accrington stanley - cork city. You could really tell the difference in skill and it was a lot of work just to keep possesion and even get in the oppositions half. Not because cork were so great, but just because the overal skill, movement and reading of the game was poorer from my ai players meaning very few managed to make space for themselves. Something which wasnt a problem with the better teams. Hardly created any decent chances and lost 0-1. it was also great to play in a crappy shedlike stadium with the time set to dusk. Really looked beautiful. And even though the players are far worse and have a slower reaction time they were still slightly faster then the demo players. It felt very balanced going between the teams and they responded and played how you would expect them. So really excellent news.

Also all teams made some passing mistakes and stuff. They arent super accurate like they were in the demo.

One personall downside for me is that ive got the dutch/spanish/swedish version meaning the screens and menu's aswell as the commentary are only in those languages. Not a big deal as i dont listen to the commentary anyway and i have no problem with the menus. Would have just prefered to have the option of english availeble. Maybe an update can sort that out.

Overal, without going in to too much detail of all the options and stuff it felt excellent and looks to be a briljant game. Cant wait to play it again and start a managermode with some crappy 2nd div team.

But sadly now i need to get back to work...*starts swearing again*

:D

And for those that wanted to know, it has 720p, 1080i and 1080p on the box.

Last edited:

A quick question, is the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions exactly the same.
If not what are the differences?

I've seen it posted many times that they are identical.

At tiktiktiktik - thanks buddy - appreciate your views and the time taken to share them.

Come back soon with more!

Thanks for the impressions TikTik, much appreciated. Keep them coming peeps! :)

very curious to see how this turns out. maybe you get a date in the end but no game? :lol:

get back to us asap! ;)

I'm married - so I will just have to tease them.

The Robby love is just for one woman - but if they ask me for sexual favours for the game.....who knows - I need to way up the Pros and Cons :-)

I will let you know when I get home if I have been successful.

I'm not holding my breath though - probably won't be a good look for the ladies if I turn up all blue and sweaty :-)

im from melbourne australia and got the game today and its great, very much improved from the demo. also for those wanting to know yes the nets have improved significantly

Right guys, im back behind the pc to do some uni work *Starts swearing at the pc*......

Anyway, for a start im in Holland, rotterdam so i dont think it will help many of you. I played 3 games to test it out and ill just give some shorts impressions so i can get back to doing actual work...*starts swearing again*.....

1st match Barca - Redbull, 6min, professional.
The responsetime is definitly improved and is actually twice as fast, without timing it to back that up. However innitially you feel slightly underwhelmed by the different responsetime. Its probably because i exepcted it to make a lot of difference, which when played further it does, but innitially because the game has the same speed/tempo you dont notice it that much. However then you start using it in tight situations to keep possesion or use it to see if you can get past players it becomes very apparant how much better and how effective the improved responsetimes makes the game. Playing with henry you can now change angle slightly and sprint past the defender and youre away. It didnt get me in to goal scoring situations as the defense was smart enough to cover and sheperd me away from the goal but you can definitly tell the difference and with practice use it to be deadly. Which is how it should be with henry. Its now easier to create chances but the goalies are still actually very good so i only managed to score 1 goal. The final score was 1-2 in favour of redbull, they equalised as i gave altidore too much space and time near the area and he hit a lovely shot past the goalie. What you would expect really. They scored the winner with a header from a corner. Tbh i was testing the dribble/movement response a lot so i wasted quite a few moments that i could probably have punished them more with my better players.

2nd game was liverpool-everton. Even though liverpool are an excellent team you could really tell the difference between them and barca. The overal technique of the liverpool players was slightly less meaning they need just that extra bit more time to get the ball under control. The difference felt very natural and realistic. I pretty much dominated that match, but managed to lose in the last minute due to some poor defending. I put crouch in the team to test him out on crosses and he was definitly very dangerous and won most of the headers. Although in typical crouch stylee he headed the ball over the goal. Everton were very workmanlike and felt balanced and correct and slightly poorer overal then liverpool.

3rd match was probably my most enjoyable, accrington stanley - cork city. You could really tell the difference in skill and it was a lot of work just to keep possesion and even get in the oppositions half. Not because cork were so great, but just because the overal skill, movement and reading of the game was poorer from my ai players meaning very few managed to make space for themselves. Something which wasnt a problem with the better teams. Hardly created any decent chances and lost 0-1. it was also great to play in a crappy shedlike stadium with the time set to dusk. Really looked beautiful. And even though the players are far worse and have a slower reaction time they were still slightly faster then the demo players. It felt very balanced going between the teams and they responded and played how you would expect them. So really excellent news.

Also all teams made some passing mistakes and stuff. They arent super accurate like they were in the demo.

One personall downside for me is that ive got the dutch/spanish/swedish version meaning the screens and menu's aswell as the commentary are only in those languages. Not a big deal as i dont listen to the commentary anyway and i have no problem with the menus. Would have just prefered to have the option of english availeble. Maybe an update can sort that out.

Overal, without going in to too much detail of all the options and stuff it felt excellent and looks to be a briljant game. Cant wait to play it again and start a managermode with some crappy 2nd div team.

But sadly now i need to get back to work...*starts swearing again*

:D

And for those that wanted to know, it has 720p, 1080i and 1080p on the box.

Where did you buy the game? :shock:

Last edited:

im from melbourne australia and got the game today and its great, very much improved from the demo. also for those wanting to know yes the nets have improved significantly

Thats great news can you tell us what cameras are available

Anybody in the UK found somewhere selling the game earlier than shopto?

Really looking forward to Thursday if I have to wait, booked the day off work. :mrgreen:

I'm married - so I will just have to tease them.

The Robby love is just for one woman - but if they ask me for sexual favours for the game.....who knows - I need to way up the Pros and Cons :-)

I will let you know when I get home if I have been successful.

I'm not holding my breath though - probably won't be a good look for the ladies if I turn up all blue and sweaty :-)

If your charms fail at Game maybe you could try N1 Games round the corner (if it still exists it's on Baron Street just off Chapel Market).

I think it's only blokes in there though - does the Robby Charm swing both ways ;)

Back
Top Bottom