FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (360 & PS3)

so good to see both games are shaping up nicely only the fanboys will miss out on playing both let the games begin

another thing not that i mind but how come most of this info on both fifa and pes is coming from the french magazines ?????

I'm still waiting on confirmation of a number of (for me) important factors, for example.....

Does edit mode finally allow us to fix all EA's fucked up appearances and have these fixes apply to currently active competitions/careers (as PES' used to)?

Does this supposed super improved AI actually mean that AI substitutions will be appropriate and correct? Example in UEFA on 360 I played against Arsenal, they had Toure at CB and Gallas at LB, Toure got injured so Clichy was brought on at CB and Gallas remained at LB, which of course is just exceptionally dumb and wrong.......

I'm still waiting on confirmation of a number of (for me) important factors, for example.....

Does edit mode finally allow us to fix all EA's fucked up appearances and have these fixes apply to currently active competitions/careers (as PES' used to)?

Does this supposed super improved AI actually mean that AI substitutions will be appropriate and correct? Example in UEFA on 360 I played against Arsenal, they had Toure at CB and Gallas at LB, Toure got injured so Clichy was brought on at CB and Gallas remained at LB, which of course is just exceptionally dumb and wrong.......

I'd say there is a chance of No on both those counts........... :roll:

I have one question ,will we have 360° degree direction in this new FIFA ?It's because this is the future for sports in general.
I also wanna add that FIFA has improved over the years and I agree with djdoc , when you score a goal it's as if nothing happened.There should more goal celebrations.FIFA is on the right track and TBH as much as I like PES ,I'm not gonna feel bad if FIFA ends up at some point being the better game.I just hope that both franchise deliver 2 cracking games for the happiness of everyone

coz kaka is streching to pass the ball to ronaldinho, and heinze he is pushing up for an offside trap, otherwise ronaldinho would be killing the deffenc from that possecion

Why is EA so quiet? No pics no updates nothing? I'm not used to this..

I think they're learning from Konami - the longer that you're quiet for, the more the suspense builds. And the less fodder there will be for the fanboys to grab hold of and shout "BUT THEY LOOK LIKE MONKEEEEEES!!!", which doesn't help sales.

Kourox, the biggest problem I have with the goal celebrations on FIFA are that they are not part of the animation as they are with PES.

The celebration has no relevance to where the player was on the pitch when they scored, it's not fluid in any way.

PES has the goal celebrations pretty much nailed for me, a little homoerotic at times but otherwise spot on.

Kourox, the biggest problem I have with the goal celebrations on FIFA are that they are not part of the animation as they are with PES.

The celebration has no relevance to where the player was on the pitch when they scored, it's not fluid in any way.

PES has the goal celebrations pretty much nailed for me, a little homoerotic at times but otherwise spot on.
too right. In PES when you score you can actually see the player run off. Fifa the screen just fades to black

True indeed but something that's always bothered me about both titles is that goal scorers making a run into the box virtually stop dead in their tracks after the ball crosses the goal line :(
Watch a replay in PES and you'll see the player after his shot usually at a standstill with legs spread staring straight at goal and in FIFA it's not much better as they slow down from a dead run to a kind of stutterstep and then raise their hand to acknowledge the goal and go back into a sprint to celebrate.
In real life a player almost always continues his run after putting a shot on goal either looking back or sideways toward the goal to see the result and then they're off to celebrate - it's not a huge deal but it would be nice to see a player make the run, shoot and score and head off to celebrate without ever breaking stride.

I know what you're saying Bobo, their natural momentum carries them forward. You don't see that last gen. Maybe this gen they'll have the capability to include touches like that.

This reminds me of PES strikers stopping before they get into the box when you're making a run down the wing, you get to the by line, whip the ball in and there is not one of your players in the box!

Really annoying.

Last edited:

JimJoeC that seems to happen quite often in PES but isnt there a way of setting attacking arrows on your forwards and central midfield players to get them in the box?

Anyway im looking forward to finding out more info on this game. Cant wait for the Demo as I didnt like the EA Nascar 08 Demo, thought it was pretty rubbish.

I entirely agree with you .I also hope that with all the attacking plays that we've heard about this FIFA game ,the defending would be equal to it.I mean it's actually quiete to beat a man in 1v1 duel unless you're really skilled and if so it doesn't work all the time .If the dribbling is set to be quiete "original" I hope the defending will adapt to it with much more defending animations .One last thing ,I just hope stas do play a big role in the game like if you have Crespo heading the ball towards goal and Henry doing you'd see the difference .

Last edited:

one thing EA have got spot on is the boots, there is something strange about Konami's next gen boots, they look like...I can't explain it, but they look weird, EA has the boots spot on (and I don't mean the fact Ribery has got real Mercurial Vapors on, I mean the shape and texture)

I like the crowds.. thats really looking great :) I also like the look of the material of the shirts..nice..

Still I dont like the player models - the legs are too short. Also, although the short material looks good, the shorts are too big for those little fifa legs :) Back to PES2008 thread...

Last edited:

one thing EA have got spot on is the boots, there is something strange about Konami's next gen boots, they look like...I can't explain it, but they look weird, EA has the boots spot on (and I don't mean the fact Ribery has got real Mercurial Vapors on, I mean the shape and texture)

Well it is not hard to explain. EA Boots are much slimmer with sharper textures and I believe to see even with dynamic lightning and shadows. Compared to these the Konami boots are a bit fat with blurry textures(at least for the standard shoes).

The crowd looks absolutely fantastic in those screenies. Not to mention the grass. If I see that grass it makes me want to have optional pre match elements for career mode. Like walking around in the stadium with your suit on just to smell and touch the grass and the atmosphere, with off course and optional ipod music mode to get really in the mood.

And while were at it why not throw in a warming up mode also. Maybe one which could really make a difference for your form and concentration factor.

After the warming up you walk to the dressing room and can determine there in every detail how your outfit looks. What boots to wear, how high your socks are, if your shirt is tucked or untucked, if your sleeves are up or down, long or short, collar up or down.

Building up to a match like that would be cool if they can make it interesting in a sort of mini game way. I'd like some good suspense sometime instead of just hopping from match to match.

Last edited:

For five seconds, I thought they were game shots on the left and real photos on the right...

I love those graphics. I just hope the gameplay matches.

JB the only thing is using the "Playable" Camera angles means you will lose some of the detail. It will look that good in Cutscenes and replays. Ok them shorts look like something out of the NBA but thats not a reason to give up hope on this game :)

Scans from French PSM3 (Thanks rifraf972)

PSM3-SUMMER_P1.jpg

PSM3-SUMMER_P2.jpg

PSM3-SUMMER_P3.jpg

PSM3-SUMMER_P4.jpg

PSM3-SUMMER_P5.jpg

Last edited:

Tnx thomas, is there actually any news in the mag? We've seen those screens ages ago so im wondering if they have said anything new about the actual game.

The animation in these still shots looks 100% real. And I can also see different patterns of folds on the same jerseys!!!

The boots are amazing. The grass is superb. The game looks FANTASTIC.

Too bad the gameplay sucks. I'm seen some youtube videos of fifa08 (or fifa07) and they all are absolutely awful. The scored goals are so dull and boring....etc

But as for the graphics.... WELL DONE BRAVO EA. Amazing.

Back
Top Bottom