FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (360 & PS3)

PES 2008
kakanb9.jpg

FIFA 08
ribzwj0.jpg

It's a shame the poor crowd models in the PES 2008 screen spoil it a bit, crowd is something that FIFA get right, it just looks natural.

Kaka looks beautiful in his stride though, to me the faces look perfect in the PES pic, the likeness, the expression, the colour and lighting. The FIFA ones looks a bit zombified, I like the way Ribery puffs his cheeks out as he bursts into a sprint.

Last edited:

i agree with you nick fifas a faces could look 100 times more life like than at present if EA put the work into it

Another thing that bothers me about FIFA is that most of the players look like they're naturally bald, and are wearing wigs.

If you give Pro Evo the Fifa contrast effects it looks even better

kakanb9sy4.jpg

You'll be able to control that with your TV at home.

I have a Samsung HD and it's set to highest sharpness and contrast, but I have the colour on full!

I prefer Fifa's textures though...

You'll be able to control that with your TV at home.

I have a Samsung HD and it's set to highest sharpness and contrast, but I have the colour on full!

How in the world can you afford that :lmao: ,I play my xbox 360 on my small TV screen and I'm still so happy .I've never seen a video game playing on an HDTV in front of me ever but I'm so so proud of my telly :mrgreen:
BTW both game look very very promising that's why I'll do something I've never done before,purchase both games when they come out (I usually wai several months for FIFA) .I just hope this "war" goes bewteen EA and KONAMI keeps on going cause at the end of the day we'll be happy about it .

Last edited:

What I've notice: You can see it for example by the article "be a pro" (and the pic where Ronaldinho stands infront of the goal) the crowd is very in front of the pitch. In Fifa 07 it wasn't. Good news! :D

Im liking the looks of this! Cant wait for more news and the Demo too! I think this could be a good year for a FIFA game.

I've really struggled to score on PES this time round, it's always been tricky but this year it seems a little too hard.

My shots seem to go JUST wide or straight at the keeper, now this may be me being sh** at shooting. However, this combined with the CPU "cheating/scripting" makes for a very frustrating game. There are times I have 20 odd shots but don't score and the CPU gets 2 and scores! Soooo anoying. I honestly don't mind losing to the CPU but when you do 99 times out of 100 you feel cheated.

I know PES is better multiplayer but as I work all over the country it's a little difficult getting my mates together.

I ditched PES and bought FIFA07, there is no feeling of scripting and I don't feel cheated when I lose. If PES2008 is anything like this incarnation I honestly don't think I'll bother with it as my PS3 pads won't be able to take the punishment!

Been a PES fan since ISS but I'm starting to lean towards FIFA and at least I can score on FIFA.

JimJoe, my complaint with scoring goals on FIFA is sometimes you dont actually get the feeling that you did that. Its like "Oh it went in and crawled past the Keeper.... oh well whatever" sorta thing sometimes... or its "Another fuckin tap-in? jees are the keepers modelled on Retards or what?" and then they pull of a superman save when you drill a fantastic shot at them. EA have got work to do in this department still. I do get what your saying though, it aint as scripted as PES is. More freedom of movement and no CPU assisted bullshit.

That's a fair point dj, the goals do sometimes feel a little fluky. I just think that PES has gone too far with the scripting.

The amount of times I've called it when the CPU was going to score is ridiculous.

You just kind of know they're about to score and there is NOTHING you can do about it, if the game is just going to cheat you out of the win I really don't see the point.

Multiplayer = PES
Single player = FIFA

Got to own them all!!

cheers for the scans TG :)
another favour to ask though, can anyone do a quick translation of what's said? i tried to do an online translator thing but what came back made no sense at all

Twenty points in the official Playstation Magazine:

1 An EA team has worked 3 years on FIFA 08.
2 They started from zero since this is next gen
3 Very ambitious gameplay needed a whole now "motor"
4 new dribbling system
5 you can create your own dribbles besides the known dribbles like the flip flap. To do it: L1 + right analog stick
6 More simulation, more realistic ball handling
7 More realistic ball physics (13 parameters to "calculatie the ball's trajectories)
8 Very realistics shots: take counts of the way a player is positioned to the ball.
9 Timing is very important when shooting
10 Very convincing AI (they have played the game)
11 100% manual goal keeper if desired
12 Good ideas of the past are in the new version: First Touch, ball calls, interactives leagues
13 Real sensation due to the very good IA neither too difficult nor too easy
14 Lots of varieted games modes:
15 Be a pro mode: you control one specific player with a camera situated behind the player. Only single matches on PS3 whereas on PS2 you can play a complete season up to 4 players...
16 Audience in 3d
17 feature where you can show your best goals on PS3 community (official FIFA site). Other people can rate your actions.
18 playable in HD resolution. Better sound.
19 Automatic patch to actualize the team rosters (very good this one)
20 Be a Pro mode is the future of gaming. In the future EA is thinking about organizing 11 versus 11 World cups and other tournaments...

Sounds promising...i will try it once again...

gerd good list mate, this does sound exceptionally promising! I just hope they nail the gameplay and really tighten it up since UEFA CL on 360.

Twenty points in the official Playstation Magazine:

17 feature where you can show your best goals on PS3 community (official FIFA site). Other people can rate your actions.

nice one gerd, you're a fifa hero!

so glad to hear this, hopefully this means we can save replays.
it's a feature that hasn't been implemented in any of the 4 next gen versions we've had on the 360 and it's really bugged me.

hopefully pes will allow you to save replays too.
the last version on the 360 wouldn't let you even though it said you could in the instruction manual

Great stuff, gerd.

It does all sound very promising. Then again, doesn't it always with FIFA?

It seems that every year they rip up the game start again from scratch. Yet when you play it, you could hardly believe they've done any more than tinker with the same old engine.

But at least the list of supposed improvements is comprehensive, affecting a range of critical aspects to the gameplay.

nice one gerd, you're a fifa hero!

The bitter irony...
I'm a big PES lover and don't like the FIFA series at all...uptil now...i must admit that the list in the official Playstation Magazine sounds rather promising...

Next fall i will buy two football games for the first time in ages...

If you give Pro Evo the Fifa contrast effects it looks even better

kakanb9sy4.jpg

you know, i think im the only one who has noticed this, but thats not kaka... that diego... he was wearing the number 10 in the copa america, and kaka is much taller.. and not as stocky.. what do i win?

It looks like Kaka to me, in the earlier pictures released they had Kaka with #10, and also, Ronaldinho wasn't in the Copa America, and hes in the team, and when Ronaldinho was in, Kaka had #10, so that's Kaka.

it is Kaka

sauders is American so we will forgive him this time :)

Player likeness isnt that accurate with that pic..A few anomolies to take notice.Ronaldinho dosent wear number 16.How could Mascherano be as tall as Kaka and if the other players are Heinze and Ayala..why is Heinze running the other way when Brasil is attacking and Ayala,isnt that tall either.

Back
Top Bottom