FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Thanx mate ;) It has an input yes, in fact 2. Do you have one to recommend for the PS3 as I am getting one in 2 weeks time? Want to get the best picture I can out of the 360 and PS3. Thanx.
360 is best via VGA, PS3 is best via HDMI. Or, if you're lucky enough to have the elite 360 (although it isn't worth getting over the normal one IMO), then HDMI for both. But you can't really see the difference.

I have Sky+, so hopefully I could get it with anytime TV. I haven't set up recording from my mobile and I can't do that being away from my TV now can I?

Nah, VGA is waaaaay better, I have both and can confirm it!

Different TV's different quality component is better for some VGA better for others.

But I am on the VGA bandwaggon :) VGA owns all

Oh well, got my PC connected to my TV through the VGA connection so the 360 will have to stay on component, PS3 on HDMI. I've got an Elite and can connect my 360 through HDMI but can't be bothered switching the 360 and PS3 around. I need a TV with two HDMI connectors, or a HDMI switch.

I thought Component was as good as VGA?
There was a campaign on here six months ago to stamp out this kind of thinking, were you on holiday? ;)

Component produces a good but blurred picture (even if you don't notice it, trust me, grab an OFFICIAL VGA cable and see). Through VGA it is crisper, clearer and (if you have Xbox Live so you can download the dashboard update with VGA colour options) the colour is just as good.

The best cable for a 360 is the official VGA cable, you can't get any better quality without HDMI (and even then it's so good that you have to be very very unlucky to notice any difference).

We managed to get like 10 members to go and get the VGA cable (I vaguely remember Coopz and CW being two of them) and they were all gobsmacked with the difference.

We know night-matches are there for friendlies etc. at least, it's whether they're there for manager mode games that people are worried about.

Oh right. Has this not been confirmed yet then?, would be a bit of a sprout if all the manager games are in daytime. Just takes some of the realism away that's all.

so the supposed HD cable I got with my 360 is no good compared to this vga cable?

I have to use on Componant

If your TV has a VGA input, go and buy the Official Microsoft XBOX 360 VGA HD Cable:

You'll be stunned :)

There was a campaign on here six months ago to stamp out this kind of thinking, were you on holiday? ;)

Component produces a good but blurred picture (even if you don't notice it, trust me, grab an OFFICIAL VGA cable and see). Through VGA it is crisper, clearer and (if you have Xbox Live so you can download the dashboard update with VGA colour options) the colour is just as good.

The best cable for a 360 is the official VGA cable, you can't get any better quality without HDMI (and even then it's so good that you have to be very very unlucky to notice any difference).

We managed to get like 10 members to go and get the VGA cable (I vaguely remember Coopz and CW being two of them) and they were all gobsmacked with the difference.

Funny you should bring that up becuase i only ordered my VGA cable yesterday :lmao:

Thanks Coopz! :mryellow:

And I was one of the people who went and got a VGA Cable, Jack!

Oh right. Has this not been confirmed yet then?, would be a bit of a sprout if all the manager games are in daytime. Just takes some of the realism away that's all.
Yeah, I know. It was the same last year though, I'll be shocked if nobody at EA has noticed it and fixed it. But from what we've seen in 10 manager mode matches no games are played at night.

Perhaps if you qualify for Europe those matches are played at night, but it takes one season (and finishing in the top six) to find out and we're not doing too well at the moment! :lol: Carl, who has the game (my copy is arriving tomorrow) plays on World Class and he's getting beat 2-0/2-1 every game! :lol:

If your TV has a VGA input, go and buy the Official Microsoft XBOX 360 VGA HD Cable:

You'll be stunned :)

right ive looked on the back of my tv, I have a slot called RGB (PC/DTV) it looks the same shape as the vga cable end, you reckon thats it? should i take a picture?

I have an unofficial VGA lead. Is that much worse than the official one do you know?.
It depends on the size of your TV. I have a 30-something inch one, and with the unofficial cable the quality was poor, letters were ghosting. But on a 19" monitor you wouldn't notice.

The official one will nearly always produce a better quality picture, but if you don't see ghosting around the lettering on the dashboard then you're alright (look closely, if you see an outline to the letters, that shouldn't be there).

But seeing as Component is the only free port (VGA=PC, HDMI=PS3), VGA isn't really an option :( I will go the HDMI route at some point with my 360. And to be honest, my PS3 gets VERY little usage so I'd hardly miss using it. I might switch over to the 360 HDMI just to see. I'll wait for FIFA, mark the day with a new game and new quality graphics :)

right ive looked on the back of my tv, I have a slot called RGB (PC/DTV) it looks the same shape as the vga cable end, you reckon thats it? should i take a picture?
If it says "PC" I'm sure it will, because a VGA connection is traditionally a PC connection.

Any more screenshots/videos going up on FSB JB?
We'll have stuff going up throughout the day, I'm actually housesitting down the road later on today but I'm being told Carl has a few things up his sleeve.

Benfica's goalkeeper's name is quality :lmao: Yes yes yes i know im supposed to be 20 years old.....but still.....:lol:

Back
Top Bottom