FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Bloody dilemmas. It's FIFA, it's not supposed to get this much thought, the only thought it used to get was "I'm not buying that crap!". How times change.

Bloody good point - I downloaded the PES demo over the weekend, played 2 games, deleted it, re-downloaded FIFA and played it to death over the weekend.

Is it just me or does the CPU make more mistakes if you set your own passing to manual? I seem to score at least one goal every game now with everything set to manual (other than the switching which I have quite high).

I watched the Man-Utd game yesterday and straight afterwards played as Man Utd and I really felt like there was a blur between reality and the game - could have been the stella I was drinking though.....

I'm going to be a bit behind everyone when the league starts possibly. I see people are consistently scoring goals, but I stopped playing the demo a while ago having only scored a couple of goals in hours of play.

I'm sure when I get the game, it'll get some major usage though.

Just emailed ShopTo to see what day they give me for despatch. If it's Tuesday, it's likely to be getting a pre-order.

Last edited by a moderator:

just emialed the main game shop in malta ... and they already have but cant sell it b4 wednesday .... bloody cant wait :D ... i'm so excited FIFA 08 with new sony surround not bad :D there only one question left .... CAN YOU FIFA 08?

Actually you are right, that silver surver one is ridiculous. Also i added in a later post that you will always find these types of mistakes, especially when you start looking for them.

However, there is actually very little anger/irritation towards you in this thread, even though you are prety much constantly showing fifa faults. There is a reason i havent even bothered post the video, or my impressions in the pes thread. Namely i would be told to f#$k off and play fifa (which this year ill gladly do anyway :D ) and probably called an idiot/fifaggot and such mind numbingly stupid comments.

You have to admit that there is a far higher level of acceptance to a different opinion in here then in the pes thread. And its not really surprising as most of us are actually pes fans that have an open enough mind to see what fifa has done this year, and what pes hasnt. So the "...I will probbaly get moaned at for saying that but its true." comment isnt really needed imo. Have a look at a negative post in the pes thread and appreciate that you can pretty much say what you want in here without being abused for it.

I was just messing around, I wouldnt care if someone moaned anyway.

But I didnt go looking for the faults, it stood out for me, I noticed it in videos, it looked odd and weird, and I was thinking how did he control it like that etc, then played the demo, I dont go analysing games in full, I would rather play the game for the game itself and see from there, and I noticed all that ball passing through the players, doesnt take anything away from the game, but it looks odd and isnt realistic.

Im only saying this is because so many harp on about oooh the ball so realistic, physcics etc, well that aint :P

But who really cares, its only a visual.

There is a higher acceptance here I agree, I guess haha, but both are as bad as eachother in the end of the day.

I cannot wait for this league to start, I still dunno if I shud get the PS3 or 360 version, the 360 has the main bulk of the players here though, hmmm.

Last edited:

Same here with the pes example. It just looked off when it was scored so i checked it out. Havent actually seen any "off" moments in fifa like the silver surver stuff, but then i use tele cam so its further out the pes demo cam. And the pes fault isnt important, was more that it pretty much highlighted what i was feelign when playing it; arcade, too fast....unrealistic. Which is a shame as i was expecting to like it as a mutliplayer game. It just seemed so much poorer then the pes360 version. I wasnt planning on getting it as im pretty much singleplayer only, but even then it still dissapointed me a lot. Oh well.....ill jst enjoy fifa this year as other will enjoy pes. :D its all good!

1080i is a higher resolution than 720p. But because 1080i is interlaced and 720p is progressive, the 1080i refreshes the pixel lines as even numbers, then refreshes the odd numbers a split second later. So 720p and 1080i look EXACTLY the same.

I choose 720p over 1080i because it runs smoother.

1080p pisses on both of these anyway.

This may be a stupid question, but here goes: On the 360 I am playing with 1080i using the Xbox 360 Component HD AV-Cable with SCART-adapter that came along the premium verson. But do I need to use another type of cable to get 1080p? I am guessing my tv does not suport it as when I choose it on the 360 menu the screen goes black.. Is this what I am looking for: https://www.gamezone.no/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9087_9090_9097&products_id=25073

This may be a stupid question, but here goes: On the 360 I am playing with 1080i using the Xbox 360 Component HD AV-Cable with SCART-adapter that came along the premium verson. But do I need to use another type of cable to get 1080p? I am guessing my tv does not suport it as when I choose it on the 360 menu the screen goes black.. Is this what I am looking for: https://www.gamezone.no/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9087_9090_9097&products_id=25073

Yea, the VGA HD cable is the best one available for HD if your tele has an input slot for it :)

Thanks for the Derby stats lads

Its weird how Kenny Miller is there and Benny Feilhaber isnt when he came first :)

i've got the meassage from my reseller that the game is in the shop....i will get my copy tomorrow...FOR SURE!

greetings from switzerland

oh and if anyone wnats to watch the review on Bravo

Gamer TV

Monday 24 September
5:30pm - 6:00pm
Bravo

Magazine show mixing reviews of the latest games and exclusive news and previews from the fastest moving entertainment medium on the planet.

VIDEO Plus+: 1094927

i've got the meassage from my reseller that the game is in the shop....i will get my copy tomorrow...FOR SURE!

greetings from switzerland

But you're in hospital? :)

I've emailed ShopTo asking about despatch, and a local independant store asking if they've got the game in stock and if they'll sell it early. Not received a reply from either yet.

ive been playing the fifa 08 demo loads ('cos it rules ;)) usually win by one goal, or it ends a draw. Then i give pes a go and beat it very easily on top level 4 or 5 nil :lol:

Can anyone give me the hereford united stats please? :)

Well atm i dont have xboxlive so im waiting for the release of it, hence ive played no demos of it yet. Sounds good so far, im not saying fifa is crap, just the shooting wasnt very good. Felt like you had no control over it, yes pes does have railway shooting, but feels good and actually feels like you are controlling the ball

Game have copies of FIFA demo over counter for 360

oh and if anyone wnats to watch the review on Bravo

Gamer TV

Monday 24 September
5:30pm - 6:00pm
Bravo

Magazine show mixing reviews of the latest games and exclusive news and previews from the fastest moving entertainment medium on the planet.

VIDEO Plus+: 1094927

Thanks! I hope it's repeated though, I don't finish work til 5.30! And won't get in till about 7 :(.

Thanks! I hope it's repeated though, I don't finish work til 5.30! And won't get in till about 7 :(.

Bravo+1 is your only hope 6:30 till 7:00

SpSxxx1 i was just talking about seeing it properly on TV

Strange that the official EA UK Community forums are down with it being so close to FIFA's release.

Yea, the VGA HD cable is the best one available for HD if your tele has an input slot for it :)

Thanx mate ;) It has an input yes, in fact 2. Do you have one to recommend for the PS3 as I am getting one in 2 weeks time? Want to get the best picture I can out of the 360 and PS3. Thanx.

Back
Top Bottom