FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

what I always detested about pes was the scripting as you guys call it. At first I thought it was in my head but then as I played and had the game for months I realized wether online or offline, if the game decided to make the match difficult for me it would tilt the game in the other player/cpu's favor. I mean I would have 20 shots on goal in one match and only one even is on target, or players would pass wrongly or in other directions when I clearly pressed the right direction to force a turnover. And it sucked as well when it titled the game in my favor especially online because I would feel like I didnt earn the win.

I have played the FIFA 08 demo for a couple of hours total now and even though the PC has flawless passing there is no scripting or titling events for or against you. If I lose the ball or I miss shoot its because I messed up.

Well atm i dont have xboxlive so im waiting for the release of it, hence ive played no demos of it yet. Sounds good so far, im not saying fifa is crap, just the shooting wasnt very good. Felt like you had no control over it, yes pes does have railway shooting, but feels good and actually feels like you are controlling the ball

Control comes with understanding :)

When you UNDERSTAND how shooting works, the ball goes where you ask it to. Oh, and set your shooting to manual if you haven't already :)

I take it you missed this post by Seraphs21? The PES connection with the ball problem is nothing compared to this...

I also posted a video of a saha header, where he didnt connect to the ball, and I have to say, it was a bigger distance than that video of PES, about 2x bigger, maybe even 3. And all I got for that was a what you expect it cant be perfect, it will happen, so same for PES? The silver surfer physcics are worse imo, happens pretty much all the time, infact tevez own leg goes through his other to receive the ball, not realistic, I will probbaly get moaned at for saying that but its true.

Was this goal you scored
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kwF5PPGgD0

Done against Player 2? The defender stops dead almost as if the auto switch player went to him and P2's pad was on the floor or he wasn't ready for it.

The defence was all over the show though - had you caught them on the counter attack?
-

The Henry goal i liked myself because its typical Henry. He sprints around the outside of the defender and knocks it into the front post. It happens! - If your video had been a compilation of 5 goals or so scored in the exact same way wach time with the exact same AI movement id see your point about it being 'same old'.

-

The ball passing through the player - it happens! i wouldn't say that's a fifa issue exclusively though - crap like objects passing through other objects happens in most games.

Well I scored 5 more in the three games I played all 2-0 to me, sadly the 6th goal wasnt recorded as Henry didnt directly score it, he did the run, but keeper saved it, and Eto'o tapped it in :) Here are the 5 Henry goals (That makes it 7 Radiation, maybe its just cause im so good :D)

Henry Goal 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j-8np-yddk
Henry Goal 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvhi92XIRws
Henry Goal 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncTIs7pvmek
Henry Goal 4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI6QrLKuavk
Henry Goal 5 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AObBw29MG4I

Release day soon, cant wait for some online action and the career mode, and probably try out be a pro, but more so when it goes online also, Saints in career mode hopefully would be class, get them in the Prem win the league, and CL etc :D

*GOAL 4 Finally Uploaded!*

Last edited:

all those goals you sored dude the A.I is so dumb!

i think the same as others when i think ur either playing no1

or the other person is moving out the way and just letting you run anytime u come near... just my opinion

Man I so wish the bloody stupid icon above the player heads where there, then atleast you can see only the blue one, proving its me vs the computer.

Im either playing no1? What does that mean? Seriously, I dont see why I have to defend myself, I know that is against the computer...

But obviously you dont want to believe it :(

all those goals you sored dude the A.I is so dumb!

i think the same as others when i think ur either playing no1

or the other person is moving out the way and just letting you run anytime u come near... just my opinion
I hate to think that someone would be that pathetic, but the AI sure as hell doesn't act like that for me. And even if it did, it's not a huge deal as it's only semi-pro.

As for the player not touching the ball or the ball somethimes going through the player, it's laughable to even compare that to PES. Try watching a replay close up in PES, the ball rarely ever touches the players foot, and even when it does it does not go in the direction you would expect it to go. FIFA has PES beat hands down in collision detection (but of course there are some bugs), suggesting otherwise is just crazy.

Man I so wish the bloody stupid icon above the player heads where there, then atleast you can see only the blue one, proving its me vs the computer.

Im either playing no1? What does that mean? Seriously, I dont see why I have to defend myself, I know that is against the computer...

But obviously you dont want to believe it :(

its not that i dont wanna believe it, its that it does not happen to me lol... I use barca constantly and make runs like that just that the A.I actually keeps me at close quarters most especially vs UTD maybe your demo of the game is on easy or something lol :P because thats the only reason I cant believe Henry just running past the defenders so easily and them not keeping him at close quarters because for me they do.

I believe you i guess i just hope the full game is harder for you and none of those dumb A.I bugs that dont affect me!

I haven't experienced any dumb AI issues what-so-ever.

The defence just seems to stop and stand still on your game and then move again.

I'd download the demo again, seriously. It's not right. No one else supports your claims.

Hmmm well looks like people are against me, Im gonna have to do it again, but somehow get in the controller alignment, is there a way to check the alignment in the pause menu, cause then I can score, go to controller and then to instant replay :)

maybe you're just good at the game?
The third Henry goal was awful - i never want to bump into that myself in any game - although you skipped past everyone with ease. I have enough trouble getting past 2 players!

I guess you've mastered the difficulty - i had trouble getting used to the 2nd difficulty on 07 and UCL for a while but then i eventually moved up & up until i found the top difficulty too easy.

If we can do the same as above with anyone other than Henry & other fast players then ill be annoyed.... like i am after typing this out on the ps3

Hmmm well looks like people are against me, Im gonna have to do it again, but somehow get in the controller alignment, is there a way to check the alignment in the pause menu, cause then I can score, go to controller and then to instant replay :)

I certainly believe you Seraphs, I just think it doesn't matter that much. There is absolutely no way of knowing whether this will be achievable on Legendary, but I'm not surprised you can destroy the opponent on Semi-pro, you aren't exactly doing the same goal over and over either, which is a relief. Its not a glitch either, and in-fact the goals look perfectly realistic, its just they are too easy to do.

As long as this doesn't work online I'm not too bothered, and I'm 99% sure this won't work online because its not so much the fact you can't be tackled, as the fact the CPU isn't really.. trying to do so. By logic, this is one of the areas which I'd say is LIKELY to be toned up as a parameter when the difficulty goes up (tackle delay time, closing down speed etc.)

DAMN I was hoping to score one of those on legendary then sitting back for the rest of the game to become legendary haha :( Guess I better re-work my strategy, but yeah, I think I have just got the nack for dribbling now, hence why it is so easy.

Maybe I was too harsh on the game then, cause now hearing people not believing me, maybe its just that I have got good at it or something :D Bring on the release! Hopefully I can do it online, cause luckily that isnt me at my best ;) Or am I lying and it is, who knows! :)

FIFA has PES beat hands down in collision detection (but of course there are some bugs), suggesting otherwise is just crazy.

Crazy? No chance. A ball constantly going through body parts is crazy. It happens in both games but that "silver surfer" video is ridiculous.

DAMN I was hoping to score one of those on legendary then sitting back for the rest of the game to become legendary haha :( Guess I better re-work my strategy, but yeah, I think I have just got the nack for dribbling now, hence why it is so easy.

Maybe I was too harsh on the game then, cause now hearing people not believing me, maybe its just that I have got good at it or something :D Bring on the release! Hopefully I can do it online, cause luckily that isnt me at my best ;) Or am I lying and it is, who knows! :)

Well, all I DO know is that you can't be the best in the world.. thats my spot.

Crazy? No chance. A ball constantly going through body parts is crazy. It happens in both games but that "silver surfer" video is ridiculous.

And something you would never notice in gameplay, and therefore completely irrelevent? Its the same with PES, its an AESTHETIC problem, well, it isn't, but it is, its not like the FIFA situation HAD to happen to make that situation, he just had to move his legs differently... which he didn't, its a small problem which is completely impossible to see in game as far as I am concerned.

Last edited:

Well, all I DO know is that you can't be the best in the world.. thats my spot.

And something you would never notice in gameplay, and therefore completely irrelevent? Its the same with PES, its an AESTHETIC problem, well, it isn't, but it is, its not like the FIFA situation HAD to happen to make that situation, he just had to move his legs differently... which he didn't, its a small problem which is completely impossible to see in game as far as I am concerned.

I will be

Jay Buchanan watch out for that ALIAS on the UK leaderboards and world leaderboards no.1 :D

Forget it, Seraphs21 with the stats of most used team Southampton FC maybe not at number 1 as I doubt I will be able to devote myself that much to online for just Fifa etc but on the Evo-Web league I will haha :) Nah I doubt it, but the banter is just too good not to say im gonna run away with it :D

@Rodelero: I actually noticed the ball doing that from afar to record it. It happens a awful lot, the way the players trap the ball looks horrible sometimes too me, because i can see that they shouldnt be able to control it in that certain way, and when you look closely, its true, they need the ball to go through them and their own body parts to pass through themselves haha. One of the visual parts that put me off a lot, just dont look right, I still stand by I dont like how the player and ball react together.

Last edited:

Just saw the stadium list on the fifa soccer blog. Is it true that Bernabeu is not in the game?

I asked Jack about this last night. Apparently there is no Bernabeu stadium in FIFA 08.

Very strange. Maybe they will release it as downloadable content on Xbox Live marketplace and sell it to us as an update?

Last edited:

We've searched high and low in the full version and it's definitely not there. No idea why.

I watched that GamerTV episode today and the difficulty must have been on the lowest - the keeping and defending was crap.

Just found out 2 new tricks (new to me at least)

Start some kick ups off then rotate the trick stick 360 degrees either way. It's probably well know but thought i'd mention anyway

Last edited:

I always find these programs to have no clue yes its good to see Fifa getting recognized mind. (you know i want it to) Granted i dont watch these shows often because i think there reviews are suspect especially Gadget Show its awful "omggggzzzz i got a PS3 and its better then 360" they had people from Sony in and seriously guy doing show couldnt show anymore more bum love bias if he tried again. Brainwashing peoples minds my older brother coming round thinking PS3 is superior this is what he said no joke "how comes gadget show said it was better console" and having to show him its really not these shows brainwash.

As guy said above look how game was being played im hoping some other sites can give the same review score but in much more professional manner.

Last edited:

I always find these programs to have no clue yes its good to see Fifa getting recognized mind. (you know i want it to) Granted i dont watch these shows often because i think there reviews are suspect especially Gadget Show its awful "omggggzzzz i got a PS3 and its better then 360" they had people from Sony in and seriously guy doing show couldnt show anymore more bum love bias if he tried again. Brainwashing peoples minds my older brother coming round thinking PS3 is superior this is what he said no joke "how comes gadget show said it was better console" and having to show him its really not these shows brainwash.

As guy said above look how game was being played im hoping some other sites can give the same review score but in much more professional manner.

But the game footage and quality of Fifa 08 shows though regardless I am aching for this game now OCT 9th!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom