FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

@FERNANDEZ i dont seem to have a problem with this, just hold down the pass button as long as you can and its hit with more pace.

There has been alot of complaints about player stats over the past 3 pages and I dont know what all the fuss is about.

Gerrard rated at 88 is about right is it not and would an extra 2 points to tip him into the 90 make that much of a difference.These are small incidentals that may actually improve through the career, so not a biggy for me.

Every other answer at FSB is a +ve one so looking forward to poptentially the best footy game we may well have played, ever.

EDIT: Big thanks to Chris and Jay for all your hard work fella's

Gattuso might be 75, but due to how the stats are devided, when U use him as you should, he can be of more worth for a team then any other random player with 75 or above. Those stats dont say really that much I think.

Oh yeh, interesting question for the guys who have the game:

When you go to the formations chooser what does RB and LB (or R1 and L1 do)?

It shows

L1/R1 <STANDARD>, so I'm guessing there is either different types of formation, custom.. saved? Or combos?

Oh yeh, interesting question for the guys who have the game:

When you go to the formations chooser what does RB and LB (or R1 and L1 do)?

It shows

L1/R1 <STANDARD>, so I'm guessing there is either different types of formation, custom.. saved? Or combos?

Custom Formation were available in the FIFA 07 demo so for them not to be in 08 demo kinda hints they are not there.

If they are it will be offline only I presume. I hope if they do have them i can use them online also like PES

and RB and LB just check their energy and Status (Injured etc)

Last edited by a moderator:

Custom Formation were available in the FIFA 07 demo so for them not to be in 08 demo kinda hints they are not there.

If they are it will be offline only I presume. I hope if they do have them i can use them online also like PES

and RB and LB just check their energy and Status (Injured etc)

I believe that you are mistaken with what RB and LB do, and in any case, you haven't actually got the game, so you are speculating.

On the demo on some tabs, LB and RB do what you say, on the formations the wording is different AND they are greyed out.

On the demo on the 'LINEUP', 'KICK TAKERS' and 'MAN MARKING' tabs, LB and RB go from Overall, to energy, and status. On the formations tab, it says 'STANDARD' LB/RB and the LB and RB are greyed out in comparison to the LB and RB on 'LINEUP'.

Its funny no-one else has even noticed this, it was one of the reason why I am not really worried about the formations, because I'm 100% sure that there is SOMETHING which I want back there, either more formations, custom formations, or saved formations. You agree that there HAS to be something there (go look for yourself :))

the only reason I can see why people enjoy the PES08 demo over the FIFA 08 one is;

*PES08 is easier. I can string 5 passes together and have a shooting chance [on top player difficulty], whereas FIFA 08 [semipro] requires loads of passing and buildup, even if you get a sight on goal and a shot in, it's still not a 1v1 with the keeper like it is with PES08.

*PES08 is quick and end-to-end, not everyone wants to work for their goals like in FIFA 08.

*PES plays arcade, FIFA plays simulation. the two titles have swapped over!! PES08 feels current gen, FIFA 08 next gen. I can't see why anyone would prefer current-gen over next-gen. hmm. opinions though.

PES animations are utter, UTTER, UUUTTTEEERR crud!! No seperation of legs, arms, it's all the same scripted animation running through the game, same old. It looks dated, it plays simple. The animations aren't natural and the legs of the players' are identical, doing the same things....i mean...perfect? Nah, that's not simulating a footballers ability visually.

I hate the PES08 demo and I love the FIFA 08 demo. For me, the two are so different it does come down to self preference. But FIFA now for me is my true simulation and I didn't think i'd ever say that!!:shock: But yaah, PES is now my arcade choice for quick goals.

Pretty much, anyone who loves true simulation football will more than likely enjoy FIFA.

Put it this way!! PES08 demo on top player is easier for me than FIFA 08 on semi-pro!!!! And FIFA 08 then has professional, world class then LEGENDARY difficulty. Soooo for longevity, full licensing, and simulation gameplay...DON'T PICK PRO EVO!!:8):

It's current-gen pretending to be man enough for the next-gen machines. I mean, c'mon Konami PES08 on my 360 could run on a f*cking PS2!!!!!!!!

Whereas FIFA 08 next-gen uses 35 times more power than the current-gen, PS2 can only dream.

Wake up PES08 fans! And if not this year, FIFA 09 will TOTALLY dominate, and I mean DOMINATE!!

Ok rant over.\\:o/

im a pes fan for years but i have to admit that all u just mentioned - kind of true.

I believe that you are mistaken with what RB and LB do, and in any case, you haven't actually got the game, so you are speculating.

On the demo on some tabs, LB and RB do what you say, on the formations the wording is different AND they are greyed out.

On the demo on the 'LINEUP', 'KICK TAKERS' and 'MAN MARKING' tabs, LB and RB go from Overall, to energy, and status. On the formations tab, it says 'STANDARD' LB/RB and the LB and RB are greyed out in comparison to the LB and RB on 'LINEUP'.

Its funny no-one else has even noticed this, it was one of the reason why I am not really worried about the formations, because I'm 100% sure that there is SOMETHING which I want back there, either more formations, custom formations, or saved formations. You agree that there HAS to be something there (go look for yourself :))

Come on... Answers !!! :)

Custom formations are in the game 100%, with adjustable arrows and positions etc. Carl thinks they can be used online as well but there's no one to try it with lol.

The reason why Carragher was never put in ahead of Ferdinand is due to lack of pace.

They are both great defenders.

Considering Rio has been blessed with better attributes for playing in central defence, Carragher compares very highly considerng that he has to work much harder to be just as effective in my mind.

Can't wait to play at Anfield after hearing that the atmosphere in all the old famous grounds are increased.

I'm loving the momentum feature. If the other team keeps hold of the ball for long periods your team starts to get sloppy and often gives the ball straight back after winning in, if you're not careful. And other long periods of possesion in the final third, the crowd gets louder and the players just seem more confident. Class!

Last edited:

just read your blog JayD, wow, if all you claim in the last Q and A entry is true then I think we may have one of the best FIFA games ever.

just read your blog JayD, wow, if all you claim in the last Q and A entry is true then I think we may have one of the best FIFA games ever.

Yup!

Although the bit where you mentioned playing Liverpool v Sheffield. Which team was playing innacurate long balls?:lmao:

Heh, it does sound like an epic revolution in football gaming.

It's not my blog it's a joint effort with me, Chris and Carl, it's all of ours.

All I can say is Carl is a fan of football games. PES / FIFA etc and gives an honest answer when asked. Me and Chris ( aka Jack Bauer ) will also have our review copies this week, as they sent the batch directly to Carl, so will give our opinions also, but everytime I speak to Carl he's raving about the game and making me very jealous that my copy is with him. He says the AI is amazing, almost scary in the way it mimics real team play, but we'll all be able to see this for ourselves in a few days anyway. There'd no doubt it's the best FIFA ever we just have to see how it ranks among the best footy titles ever but early indications are good.

Last edited:

Gattuso might be 75, but due to how the stats are devided, when U use him as you should, he can be of more worth for a team then any other random player with 75 or above. Those stats dont say really that much I think.

hes 75 is cause he is in the rm position. when you put him in dm i guess he will be 84. thats depend where the player are in the formation. not sure about that, but i guess im right. all the players in wrong positions lost stats points.

shooting?

Im a pes fanboy myself, Only quarrel i had with past fifa games is the shooting. Is it me or does it feel like your kicking a beach ball with no real control of the ball? Compared to pes where the ball feels great when you shoot, the ball in fifa kinda loops up.

Has this been fixed in fifa08? anyone tell me what shooting feels like now?

well fifa shooting is about physics you know. you cant compare that to the railway scripted shooting in pes.

shooting?

Im a pes fanboy myself, Only quarrel i had with past fifa games is the shooting. Is it me or does it feel like your kicking a beach ball with no real control of the ball? Compared to pes where the ball feels great when you shoot, the ball in fifa kinda loops up.

Shooting was my biggest letdown of Fifa 07 too. But in Fifa 08 I love it. The system seems to be better than PES's system and they take about 10 factors into account to calculate where the shot will end up.

shooting?

Play it for yourself and find out the shooting has improved and is much harder than the extremely easy PES 2008

Well atm i dont have xboxlive so im waiting for the release of it, hence ive played no demos of it yet. Sounds good so far, im not saying fifa is crap, just the shooting wasnt very good. Felt like you had no control over it, yes pes does have railway shooting, but feels good and actually feels like you are controlling the ball

Back
Top Bottom