FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

I have heard Scholes appearance (going by Fifa 08 demo)has gone back to how it was in Fifa 07 and not how it was in UCL. ? I know probably different designers on game etc but its only common sense to update it surely could be ported.

And is his appearance any better for full game. ?

Just got off the phone again, my mobile is constantly ringing. If I haven't already got cancer from sitting in-front of a monitor all day I will have now. I know he loves the game and everything but he could give me a break. ;)

He just told me to pass on how amazing the AI is. He was Liverpool v Tottenham, league match on World Class; they scored one fluke (deflection) and one superb long-range shot, and when it got to the last ten minutes or so, they started passing the ball around, doing little tricks and pissing him about. :lol: He said they wouldn't let him get near the ball, just passing back and forth, from attack to defence to attack again. :D

He says the AI all around is the best he's ever seen. Apparently the AI players on your side even adjust their runs for you. As Gerrard he turned to the left to kick a long-ball down the wing, where a winger had started running into the middle of the pitch, but as soon as he saw Gerrard face him he changed his run direction and started running wide, really fast. Apparently that's no fluke either, he's seen it on more than one occasion. He's really impressed with the difficulty as well, put it on World Class and it's hard versus the Prem teams but relatively easy versus Tranmere (:() or whoever.

I was really concerned with the AI and now it sounds absolutely amazing.

Sounds mightily nicely. I'm so excited, I could crush a grape.

any chance we can get the stats of Lyon? specifically, the stats of juninho? how are long range fk-takers portrayed in the game?

Jack,

is there an editor whereby you can change the default formations and line-ups of temas permanently as in pes?

Also - are there more in depth tactics like setting attack arrows, defensiveness and player positioning ala pes?

Thanks

THe thing about the AI in the game that pisses me off is that they never EVER miss a pass or lob pass or through ball. I only get the ball when I properly mark the player with possession.

FIFA 08 is incredible in the flow of the game, it's just the right speed and I now feel like any move you can think of that happens in the real game can be replicated in FIFA. And the AI puts up a great match. But the AI is to perfect in passing accuracy. Its very annoying and not realistic (the one flaw I have seen in the demo after multiple games). I still win games or draw games and once you get used to the controls its not that hard but that fact irks me alot. No team or players passes with 100% accuracy especially while being pressed or marked.

and also I wish fifa would add more in depth tactics, that is another problem, infact it is even worse this year as before you had 4 defensive and 4 offensive tactics, now its just 4 tactics overall! Plus formations cannot be dynamically changed and player attitudes like how deep defensive players are upfield or downfield or how attack minded offensive midfielders are cannot be set.

hope so Staying power, as otherwise for the first time in almost 5 years I will actually be purchasing FIFA instead of Pro E 6.

I think I read this but can't find it anywhere. Is it true that playing online you have to play with the default Starting XI and 7 substitutes?
True. They have said they will be rectifying it next year - not that that excuses it.

i seem to remeber people saying that u cant use the dpad has that been confirmed? also i was wondering i the sprint button can be changed from R2 to R1, dont like them new buttons at all. cheers

Here you go guys, the vid that to me represents what pes now is:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ9LKMoc3_c

I saw the "goal" and it just looked off to me so i gave it a close look in the replay. Guess i was right. Also scored a beauty with Alonso earlier, and it had the same problem. The player didnt even connect with the ball. I wont bother post my complete impression as its nearly identical to Jack. Which surprised me as I always thought he goes a bit overboard, both positive and negative. This time he's spot on!

I take it you missed this post by Seraphs21? The PES connection with the ball problem is nothing compared to this...

Yes you can Fernandez, there is four options of button configuration I think. New Alternate is best for me :)

Are you taking the piss? Why have they done that? You didn't have to play witht he starting XI in Fifa 07 or UCL? Thats a load of crap

you don't have to play with starting XI. I thought it was you only get a selection of 18 players instead of the full squad.

you don't have to play with starting XI. I thought it was you only get a selection of 18 players instead of the full squad.
Yep, that's what I was referring to Noted.

So if you want to play one of Arsenal's youth system online then you can't, he won't be in that selection of 18 players, it will only be first-teamers and regular subs.

Ah right OK that's not too bad. I thought you meant everything was frozen at the beginning of an online game and you could only do subs during a game

I take it you missed this post by Seraphs21? The PES connection with the ball problem is nothing compared to this...

The most important part of FIFA is the fact it CAN do this, they just need to change the parameters somewhat to make sure that cannot happen.

The reason FIFA is going to excel is because the engine allows total flexibility in the players animation, whereas old FIFA and Pro Evo just have animations which are scripted, overlayed into the ball physics engine.

To be honest, I'd prefer this small glitch to the ball not touching the feet, I mean, the feet are the MAIN NATURAL collision area for football, and Pro Evo can't get it within an inch of the foot! Whereas FIFA's around the foot is basically dot on, I can't see a gap ever on FIFA 08 around the foot, the idea that something rare like this matters more than something which happens practically every-time is ludicrous.

The person who is posting these videos of FIFA (Seraphs) seems obsessed with proving that FIFA has faults, the fact is everyone accepts this and everyone moves on.

what else can you do in management mode except of playing matches and transfer players?

is there anyway to put some pace on cross field passes? seems to take and age for the ball to travel across the pitch

the only reason I can see why people enjoy the PES08 demo over the FIFA 08 one is;

*PES08 is easier. I can string 5 passes together and have a shooting chance [on top player difficulty], whereas FIFA 08 [semipro] requires loads of passing and buildup, even if you get a sight on goal and a shot in, it's still not a 1v1 with the keeper like it is with PES08.

*PES08 is quick and end-to-end, not everyone wants to work for their goals like in FIFA 08.

*PES plays arcade, FIFA plays simulation. the two titles have swapped over!! PES08 feels current gen, FIFA 08 next gen. I can't see why anyone would prefer current-gen over next-gen. hmm. opinions though.

PES animations are utter, UTTER, UUUTTTEEERR crud!! No seperation of legs, arms, it's all the same scripted animation running through the game, same old. It looks dated, it plays simple. The animations aren't natural and the legs of the players' are identical, doing the same things....i mean...perfect? Nah, that's not simulating a footballers ability visually.

I hate the PES08 demo and I love the FIFA 08 demo. For me, the two are so different it does come down to self preference. But FIFA now for me is my true simulation and I didn't think i'd ever say that!!:shock: But yaah, PES is now my arcade choice for quick goals.

Pretty much, anyone who loves true simulation football will more than likely enjoy FIFA.

Put it this way!! PES08 demo on top player is easier for me than FIFA 08 on semi-pro!!!! And FIFA 08 then has professional, world class then LEGENDARY difficulty. Soooo for longevity, full licensing, and simulation gameplay...DON'T PICK PRO EVO!!:8):

It's current-gen pretending to be man enough for the next-gen machines. I mean, c'mon Konami PES08 on my 360 could run on a f*cking PS2!!!!!!!!

Whereas FIFA 08 next-gen uses 35 times more power than the current-gen, PS2 can only dream.

Wake up PES08 fans! And if not this year, FIFA 09 will TOTALLY dominate, and I mean DOMINATE!!

Ok rant over.\\:o/

Back
Top Bottom