FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Just read the FIFA Blog update. Sounds like mostly good news in terms of the things that concerned me. Thanks for your efforts, Jack and Jay.

Finally a footy game with a good career mode and that plays well? I've been waiting for this since SWOS.

Thanks for all JB, i have 2 questions: Is there a limit to edit the stats of the players in edit mode? And they fix the delay in the sound of the crouwd when we score a goal??? Thanks!!!

jack, how mnay created players can one make and store? i'm hoping that it's a lot. i can understand if you guys don't know off hand as it's a feature you have to actually test out

HOW ARE THE REFEREES??????

They sucked in the demo...
We could shot a player with an UZI and the referee would gives us a yellow card

Last edited:

you sure ?
Yep, every order I've made from ShopTo (bar a couple) has arrived on a Wednesday, or a Thursday at the latest.

jack, how mnay created players can one make and store? i'm hoping that it's a lot. i can understand if you guys don't know off hand as it's a feature you have to actually test out
Thanks for all JB, i have 2 questions: Is there a limit to edit the stats of the players in edit mode? And they fix the delay in the sound of the crouwd when we score a goal??? Thanks!!!
Create-A-Player, according to the blurb we've been given by EA, is "only limited for memory reasons" - the save file is 8mb on PS3, which I'm told is huge for a save file on PS3, so I'm assuming you can save a lot of players.

As for player stats, editing is within a certain limit. You can't give a player 99 of everything, it's limited to the "XP" he has. But apparently you can buy "XP" from the fan shop, so if you really want to give Gary Neville a shooting ability of 99, you can.

The sound delay after they score is something I don't know, I will get back to you on that one.

For Jamie who asked about the kits and the balls; the Leeds kits are the latest ones (with Redkite on it, that's right isn't it?), but the balls in lower-league games aren't the official Mitre ones. Carl says he's played some games where it looks like an Umbro ball and some where it looks like a Hummel ball. You can't change the ball that will be used for manager mode but you can for custom leagues and cups.

One question from me too: Is the commentators tone fixed in the full game? i.e. In the videos I've seen, they are very monotoned and don't get excited at all, even when someone bangs in a screamer. Thanks

Yep, every order I've made from ShopTo

For Jamie who asked about the kits and the balls; the Leeds kits are the latest ones (with Redkite on it, that's right isn't it?), but the balls in lower-league games aren't the official Mitre ones. Carl says he's played some games where it looks like an Umbro ball and some where it looks like a Hummel ball. You can't change the ball that will be used for manager mode but you can for custom leagues and cups.

Cheers Chris mate. Please thank Carl for his time as well.

not sure this has been asked before, but how many EPL teams have goalkeeper kits? :)

One question from me too: Is the commentators tone fixed in the full game? i.e. In the videos I've seen, they are very monotoned and don't get excited at all, even when someone bangs in a screamer. Thanks

They 'scream' the name of a player if he gets a chance.

Is there a full list of which leagues are in the game? In particular, is it only the English league that has more than 1 division or are there any lower divisions from other countries?

it says so in the blog

How is the commentary?

As with every FIFA the presentation is excellent, and this year the commentary has been expanded even further with commentators mentioning stats from past seasons, stats from your current season (e.g. "they haven't won in a few games now") and they even talk about some lower-league sides. A lot more names have been added as well, and they make it very emotional - for example, if you do a run with Gerrard, the commentator will say "Gerrard", and then as he shoots he will shout "GERRARD".

Here you go guys, the vid that to me represents what pes now is:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ9LKMoc3_c

I saw the "goal" and it just looked off to me so i gave it a close look in the replay. Guess i was right. Also scored a beauty with Alonso earlier, and it had the same problem. The player didnt even connect with the ball. I wont bother post my complete impression as its nearly identical to Jack. Which surprised me as I always thought he goes a bit overboard, both positive and negative. This time he's spot on!

Well, I've seen a replay of a Saha header from FIFA08, and he didn't make contact with the ball either, it was by 15 inches give or take.

@Jack

Anything at all Benfica related would be received with great love... :D;)

And JB look on this page at the bottom, there is a rather offensive comment been posted.

Yeah apparently you need to re ask his orignal question. Dont know how that helps, would expect you would need to anwser it really. But the dickhead wants you to ask it again :lol: What an idiot, if you are gonna be abusive atleast do it correctly and not make yourself look like a total idiot.

@ Airjoce, yeah you find those things in all the games. It did, for me however, sum up my impression of the game. Its arcade, its fake, its pretty rubbish.

One question to you Jack Bauer:

Has Borussia Dortmund their new kitsponsor? It's a white background with purple signs: "EVONIK". Would be nice to now how uptodate EA is :) Sponsor is new since 2 weeks.

thank you

OLD:
bvb.gif

NEW:
11401.jpg

Last edited:

One question to you Jack Bauer:

Has Borussia Dortmund their new kitsponsor? It's a white background with purple signs: "EVONIK". Would be nice to now how uptodate EA is :) Sponsor is new since 2 weeks.

thank you

I interested in that too but I doubt they have it already

@ Airjoce, yeah you find those things in all the games. It did, for me however, sum up my impression of the game. Its arcade, its fake, its pretty rubbish.

I used to play FIFA when I was younger because I loved the Arcade style of the game and scoring from 40 yrds etc and 5-5 matches but the older the get the more realism (I want and im sure others want) which is why PES got more and more succesful year after year without the licenses.

Now PES has gone the fifa route but it doesnt have the licenses to back it up as much.

And FIFA has switched from been the easy game to the hard game now comments i read on the forum people saying FIFA is too easy..
If Dazfeeder is having quite a hard time to destroy the A.I and I am (Top 100 on xbox live leaderboards for every fifa game on 360 and PS2) and Top 1,000 in Pro Evo 6, 2 months ago with 8200 points :)

I just cant believe people saying its so easy unless your playing the NY Red Bulls every game who i have beaten 3-0 frequently and 6-0 once

but vs Utd the best ive done is won 3-0 yes others may have had gr8 games vs cpu but over all most games will end 1-0 or 2-0 not bad for semi pro vs cpu and you have to take your chances also.

well all I am saying is FIFA will appeal alot more not because its a sim but because it still has the licenses the fact the game is more of a sim may put some fans of the series but most will be happy and Pro Evo fans most will stay but some will convert just as the fifa fans will but only a minority imo.

PES may win over many also as its very pick up and play this time around to go straight off a game of fifa 08 and play my 1st game on the pro Evo demo and win 3-0 should not happen!

it took me 7 games to score my 1st goal in the fifa 08 demo yes its hard but it makes you play more. Just like Many Said about Pro Evo 6 the learning curve is what makes the game more fun. More appealing and gives it far more longetivity, which Pro Evo 6 had for me :) my opinions feel free to disagree

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey WEtongelre, let the madness and phonecalls commens :D I rang a gameshop in rotterdam and they always break release. Said they will probably have the game on tuesday or wednesday. Ive always gotten the games a couple of days earlier (usually pes, last year fifa). WOuld be interested to know, as intertoys are a "big" shop and shouldnt really be breaking release. Could help with the shops over this end.

Well, I've received a folder of intertoys today. The article named New only at Intertoys FIFA 08 OP=OP (means in sale if you're not fast it will be gone haha) so I will go tomorrow and check it out.

One question to Jack:

Is the ball heavier in the full? Especially crosses seemed to be very slow in the demo...

I can't how underated some players are in FIFA08, Gerrard 88 ? He's in the top two CM's in the world. I'd put Fabregas up their aswell but yet he's only 85. And Adebayor, 81 ? Fucking hell EA, fix up, and quick !

I can't how underated some players are in FIFA08, Gerrard 88 ? He's in the top two CM's in the world. I'd put Fabregas up their aswell but yet he's only 85. And Adebayor, 81 ? Fucking hell EA, fix up, and quick !

one persons opinion you could say but like pro evo they take atleast 30-40 stats and that makes an average and what you get IMO is pretty accurate.

To Me Ibrahimovic only been an 85 is a disgrace but theres obviously a reason for that when you look into the stats which I will when I get the full game :)

you only get to see 8 of them in the demo.

Just got off the phone again, my mobile is constantly ringing. If I haven't already got cancer from sitting in-front of a monitor all day I will have now. I know he loves the game and everything but he could give me a break. ;)

He just told me to pass on how amazing the AI is. He was Liverpool v Tottenham, league match on World Class; they scored one fluke (deflection) and one superb long-range shot, and when it got to the last ten minutes or so, they started passing the ball around, doing little tricks and pissing him about. :lol: He said they wouldn't let him get near the ball, just passing back and forth, from attack to defence to attack again. :D

He says the AI all around is the best he's ever seen. Apparently the AI players on your side even adjust their runs for you. As Gerrard he turned to the left to kick a long-ball down the wing, where a winger had started running into the middle of the pitch, but as soon as he saw Gerrard face him he changed his run direction and started running wide, really fast. Apparently that's no fluke either, he's seen it on more than one occasion. He's really impressed with the difficulty as well, put it on World Class and it's hard versus the Prem teams but relatively easy versus Tranmere (:() or whoever.

I was really concerned with the AI and now it sounds absolutely amazing.

Last edited:

Italian Top 5stats now up im pretty happy with Inter Milans other than Burdisso a 69 LMAO i just said about stats well I agree with the poster now where have they been for some of these players

and Andreolli in the 50's for Roma wtf

only thing i would say is Fiorentina ahead of Lazio :P

Back
Top Bottom