FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Bumperman, yes. You can knock a few pounds off him. ;)

!!!!!!!:shock:!!!!!!

I have have been begging to see this feature even in current gen fifa's!

This absolutely great. i always felt that the fifa staff had something against Inter as most if not all of them looked big LOL

cheers pal, if you get a line of contact to ea via the blog could ask if it's in the game please? it's just that in pes6 i didn't see one til a month into the game so just because Carl hasn't see one yet doesn't mean it's not in the game i hope :)

Two people on these forums have said that the Overhead Kick is in FIFA 08 as they have done it.

I was playing a mate yesterday and had a shot which was going wide but took a deflection and looped up in the air and the goalie had to scramble back to tip it over

it looked awesome, the deflections in this game are brilliant because they go absolutely anywhere as they should

I was playing a game with Man Utd and hit it shot from 20 yards with scholes on the right hand side of the box. aimed for far post but it went near post. it was so quick at first I thought it looked buggy and GK made huge error.

Watched replay and the ball actually hit rooney's shin although he knew nothing about it. GK tried to scramble but couldnt beat the deflections. looked awesome.

cheers pal, if you get a line of contact to ea via the blog could ask if it's in the game please? it's just that in pes6 i didn't see one til a month into the game so just because Carl hasn't see one yet doesn't mean it's not in the game i hope :)
Other people in the thread have already confirmed they are in the demo so you've got your wish from the looks of things! :thumbup:

Hey lads, I am getting my 360 Elite in a week along with Fifa :D I was wondering whether you guys were familiar with PLF's thread? I was thinking that a few of us could do a similar type of thing over on a Fifa Forum to edit the inevitable inaccuracies within the immense database? I will probably look after it due to me having more time on my hands than most of you - but I would love it if this plan came to fruition. What do you think?

EDIT: Jack, Jay and anybody else on the Fifa blog, would it be ok if you took some screenshots of the players attributes and abilites/special abilities of a few players so I can get an idea of what the actual attributes are (not the actual values) ;)

Last edited:

Well, my friend is working in a gameshop here in Eindhoven (Intertoys) and FIFA 08 is in sale tomorrow for all platfors he said... So I will give you guys some information tomorrow! I can't wait!

I was planning something similar for fixing player appearances, guess I don't need to bother with that anymore........

Yeah I know it is a real shame about the appearances :( Might you be interested, if you don't want an "active" role, your opinions would be incredibly useful as well :)

Thanks but I have little interest in the stats side of things, I'll "fix" Sheffield Wednesday but seeing as in manager mode you earn "points" to improve their stats I can play to fix them, it was appearances that I had a big interest in working towards fixing, I'm gutted beyond words right now :(

Jack,

When you mentioned "physique"

Can you edit any player's appearance (face, skin tone, etc.)?
No, unfortunately not. You can alter date of birth, height, weight, , and a few other things (see below), but not the face or the skin-tone.

Does this mean we can actaully make an exsisting player skinnier? Such as in the case of viera at Milan?

thats really needed!
he look way off in the demo, like a bull.. he looks alot more as baptista with all that body strengh.

Hey lads, I am getting my 360 Elite in a week along with Fifa :D I was wondering whether you guys were familiar with PLF's thread? I was thinking that a few of us could do a similar type of thing over on a Fifa Forum to edit the inevitable inaccuracies within the immense database? I will probably look after it due to me having more time on my hands than most of you - but I would love it if this plan came to fruition. What do you think?

EDIT: Jack, Jay and anybody else on the Fifa blog, would it be ok if you took some screenshots of the players attributes and abilites/special abilities of a few players so I can get an idea of what the actual attributes are (not the actual values) ;)

I'd be interested. Stats of course :D

Well, my friend is working in a gameshop here in Eindhoven (Intertoys) and FIFA 08 is in sale tomorrow for all platfors he said... So I will give you guys some information tomorrow! I can't wait!

OMFG, already!

I am going on a 2 day trip tomorrow. Figured I will be on time for release but probably not! I will really miss all the madness on evo-web that will be going on here during the coming days :)

Btw, Placebo, I'm disappointed about that too. Van Bommel for example is brown in the demo. He doesn't even look close.

Hey WEtongelre, let the madness and phonecalls commens :D I rang a gameshop in rotterdam and they always break release. Said they will probably have the game on tuesday or wednesday. Ive always gotten the games a couple of days earlier (usually pes, last year fifa). WOuld be interested to know, as intertoys are a "big" shop and shouldnt really be breaking release. Could help with the shops over this end.

i never understand how they put black players in as white and vice versa.

I remember they had Shay given as a black bald guy for a few consecutive years - it think around the fifa98 years.

Though to be fair it is very tough to look at a picture of someone and then put the right skin colour into the game.
:roll:

dont forget there are 15000 players in the game, there are gonna be mistakes

Yeh, and we would expect mistakes in League one, but not players like Van Bommel. I'm not overely fussed, but even that horrible arcade PES game can get appearances right...generally.

Just thought I'd mention. Changing a players weight (and height) in PES did have an impact on their appearance (and on in game strength), but obviously not as great at the control you had over individual physical measurements.

Last edited:

dont forget there are 15000 players in the game, there are gonna be mistakes

Yes but with an editor it's not so unbearable as we can fix their mistakes, 20 seconds at GCA was enough to show me that at least one Sheffield Wednesday player was so white as to appear the wrong race, how fucking white is this guy? http://www.swfc.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/57/28/0,,10304~3287127,00.jpg in the build I saw he looks white, only his face structure on closeup shows he's actually ethnically black......

I can't believe they fucking lied :( And then to top it all off by saying it's for licensing reasons? What utter fucking bullshit, Konami with their 3 licenses can allow it but EA with their 400 can't? Give me a fucking break :(

Back
Top Bottom