FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Nice 1. Just wanna say a MASSIVE thanx for all your hard work and answers on the game. Cheers.:applause::applause::applause:

Oooh, excellent news JB :mryellow:

The only thing that kills the mood for me are the nets!!!! FUcking stupid steel nets, the FIFA trademark.

The nets are fixed in the Full Game mate, and they are super realistic :)

Can someone confirm if they have fixed the problems where players are listed as right footed when being left and vice versa.

Martins at Newcastle being the main one i can think of in 07 having him set as a right footed player when he's left.

?

Updated the blog with the EVO-WEB INSPIRED FAQ. :mryellow: Sorry about the delay, we had a few extra questions at the end.

If your question isn't there I apologise but we answered everything we could. Back to our lives now, for a few hours at least. :p

thx for bringing them up and answering my question about the blonde players

Martins at Newcastle being the main one i can think of in 07 having him set as a right footed player when he's left.

?

This was confirmed as fixed by an EA guy on their forums sometime ago, his answer was "fixed, he's listed as left footed but with good ability on his right foot as well" :)

Q: Can you edit any player's appearance (face, skin tone, etc.)?
A: No, unfortunately not. We're told this is due to licensing issues.

This is a case of the question and answer being written poorly right?

Question should be something like "Can you edit a player's appearance if they have a "real" face?" Right? :shock:

Generic players can be edited can't they? This was confirmed months ago and confirmed to me at GCA.......

Secondly, if Konami are able to have licenses without any issues in editing the "real" players why can't EA?

Really nice FAQ Jack and the gang!

Although there seems to be one discrepancy, or maybe not;

Are there Wednesday-night matches in the manager mode?
Yes, cup matches are sometimes on Wednesday nights.

Im guessing you havent actualyl played them yet, as the earlier anwser is that so far youve only played daytime matches.

Anyway, sounds really, really good. And having just played the turd that is the pes8 demo, it has made fifa look sooo much better. I cant believe the people critisising fifa having now played pes. Its so sad that the game has come to this, it even made pes360 look good ffs! Im uploading an amusing vid of the excellent pes physics...*kuch kuch*...

And how they, pes fans, can claim that the players look so much better then in fifa? Only the faces, but otherwise they look pretty shite actually. And the running animation?! Has anybody taken a good look at Henry? It reminds me of forrest gump with the legbraces on! The upper body doesnt seem to be attached to the lower body. It really is very very poor. And then you have the speed! I got a headache it was moving so fast! And nobody with any sense of reality can claim pes is a simulation, or more realistic then fifa. It really is a game, which live also recognises in the undertitle of the demo's; FIFA08 - Sports simulation, PES8 - football.

Im actually so dissapointed with it i cant even be bothered to post my views in the pesthread. I was expecting to like it as an arcade, meaningless kick about. But it didnt even manage that!

Last edited:

Have the graphics improved from the demo?
Yes, the demo was limited to 720p but the final version of the game can be played at 1080i on Xbox 360.

Holy shite :shock: I didn't think it could look any better :mryellow:

And great news that it's confirmed the nets are fixed! Does anyone have or can FSB release a new video for us to watch and pass the time? :)

Is the atmosphere/crowd noise improved over the demo?
In general it is around the same compared to the demo, but when playing in famous grounds the effects are incredible. We played at Anfield and the crowd sing real-life chants which really add to the atmosphere, but what really pleased us was the way that, when there is a rivalry (e.g. Liverpool v Everton), the fans constantly sing and shout, the noise is very loud - it feels like a real derby match, and when you're on the counter-attack the fans go absolutely crazy!

Facking awesome

Here you go guys, the vid that to me represents what pes now is:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ9LKMoc3_c

I saw the "goal" and it just looked off to me so i gave it a close look in the replay. Guess i was right. Also scored a beauty with Alonso earlier, and it had the same problem. The player didnt even connect with the ball. I wont bother post my complete impression as its nearly identical to Jack. Which surprised me as I always thought he goes a bit overboard, both positive and negative. This time he's spot on!

Last edited:

Here you go guys, the vid that to me represents what pes now is:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ9LKMoc3_c

I saw the "goal" and it just looked off to me so i gave it a close look in the replay. Guess i was right. Also scored a beauty with Alonso earlier, and it had the same problem. The player didnt even connect with the ball. I wont bother post my complete impression as its nearly identical to Jack. Which surprised me as I always thought he goes a bit overboard, both positive and negative. This time he's spot on!

Fifa the players go through the ball in some instances but thats always been in pro evo for certain shots the funniest one is volleys when they use their shin to generate power in pro evo just wait till you score one you will see what i mean some funny unrealistic... bull

but im enjoying the demo

Back
Top Bottom