FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

They can't be releasing a CL and Euro 2008 game can they??

Yea they will.

There CL contracts state the CL game HAS to be seperate from main game.

Thats what i have heard on various blogs n stuff.

i am pretty sure you have to qualify for europe first, that's what you had to do in most of the previous fifa parts, at least those i can remember

Kobashi, there will not be a UEFACL league this game afaik. However, this is the good news.

SUPPOSEDLY, the tournament creation is detailed enough to create the Champions League. The IN Game thing will be similar to usual I assume.

For all those PES fans who still think the FIFA demo sucks, try this:

Controller settings:

NO auto player switching
Manual Through balls
Manual shooting
Manual Lobbed Balls

Leave passing and crossing as they are for at least a while else its a pretty hard learning curve.

It makes the game much much better.

Wow I stay away for a night and all this news. :8):

Many thanks to the Fifa blog and Jack and all the others who have provided input.

- He's accidentally scored from a diagonal cross twice. Hopefully this is just coincidence.

- From the looks of the management mode, there's no European competition. Carl selected Liverpool and played up until December - league matches yes, FA Cup matches yes, European matches no. Considering this is included even in FIFA 07 we're assuming that this is a mistake somewhere, either Carl has somehow switched it off (which is doubtable) or you have to play one entire season first and "qualify". But this is completely weird.

- Finally, this one I am bitterly disapointed about and I will make no bones about it - in a multiplayer league, if you pick a team each and then participate in a full Premier League (for example), you can't move the controller over to the CPU side. People who play multiplayer the same way as I do will understand this, and it's really fucking frustrating. We are emailing our EA connection as I type to try and get this sorted, if not in a patch, for next year.

1. Hmm.
2. You need to qualify first, I don't care about that :)
3. I don't mind too much. If I Play with friends I usually play together with them (on Live).

CL is in, aswell as UEFA cup. You just have to qualify first. I know i wasnt in europe with liverpool in my first season of 07NG MM. Never finished it though to actually qualify.

...one of my personal favourite features of the next-gen FIFA is the debut of lower-league teams, and the rebuilt manager mode - which includes a real financial model using £/€/$, promotion, relegation, playoffs, national cups and international cups...

Its just the actual licesing elements arent in the game. CL music, adboards, reference in the commentary to the CL, etc. Ive already read that you qualify for the ECC (euro champions cup, or something like that) when you finish high enough in the league.

@ Jack,

Tnx for the comments/anwsers. The ones i was worried about have been positive (response/AI). Cant wait!

Last edited:

man the ball physics look fucked up, but the goals you scored look fine, what are you on about?

Nothing is wrong with them, just showing some goals off, they were a bit to easy, took no real skill from me on my part, well actually I guess it did, was a struggle to pass the ball to Henry.

Sorry Seraphs don't get me wrong but I laugh at your posts, always trying to highlight faults etc, of course playing on a higher difficulty will make it more difficult to do things, the AI will be smarter what would be the point otherwise?

Get you wrong with what? You can laugh at my posts, you could do whatever :)

Its not really a fualt though, more of the fact I can score easy now, hence I hope that the defence dont act the same on higher levels, what im trying to get at is that, the positioning may be better on harder, but will I still be able to score that same goal? Because I just run away from the defender then just keep running, then run through... one way they could definately stop that was if the defenders got stronger or faster to stop Henry, but then wouldnt that be like a cheat, so hopefully the defence just stick strong and do it in a fair way, then I will be very happy, and back to where I was when first playing it! Anyway, these are faults yes, but im the consumer its me thats gonna have to worry about it, I dont need to post the good things, as anything besides the faults is a good thing :D

Well I guess im sorry for showing some faults in your game JayD :(:)

Also on higher AI, the com better be better going forward, they do the same boring tactic on the demo, look for the wings, then cross, pretty much ALL the teams.

Remember, you've seen the overall rating. Adebayor for example will be quite high in technique and stregth but less so in finishing (apart from this season!) for example. I'd prefer to see their individual stats.

Was this goal you scored
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kwF5PPGgD0

Done against Player 2? The defender stops dead almost as if the auto switch player went to him and P2's pad was on the floor or he wasn't ready for it.

The defence was all over the show though - had you caught them on the counter attack?
-

The Henry goal i liked myself because its typical Henry. He sprints around the outside of the defender and knocks it into the front post. It happens! - If your video had been a compilation of 5 goals or so scored in the exact same way wach time with the exact same AI movement id see your point about it being 'same old'.

-

The ball passing through the player - it happens! i wouldn't say that's a fifa issue exclusively though - crap like objects passing through other objects happens in most games.

I just trained my GK skill in penalty situations. so red bull was in front 0:3 against bayern (home team). the bayern fans were upset about this situation and booing(?) me to hell.

awesome atmosphere and realism

I haven't scored the same goal twice. They all look different, they bounce of the ground differently depending on the power and trajectory and they swerve to depending on the shot technique.

I was cutting in from the left wing just outside the D with Ribery and decided to take a shot on his right foot, he sort of stumbled and sliced the ball and the ball just swerved outside of the far post, it had the keeper in all sorts of trouble. The crowd made a sort of....ooooooh noise. it was class

in a multiplayer league, if you pick a team each and then participate in a full Premier League (for example), you can't move the controller over to the CPU side. People who play multiplayer the same way as I do will understand this, and it's really fucking frustrating. We are emailing our EA connection as I type to try and get this sorted, if not in a patch, for next year.[/b]

What a pile of crap.

Was this goal you scored
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kwF5PPGgD0

Done against Player 2? The defender stops dead almost as if the auto switch player went to him and P2's pad was on the floor or he wasn't ready for it.

The defence was all over the show though - had you caught them on the counter attack?
-

The Henry goal i liked myself because its typical Henry. He sprints around the outside of the defender and knocks it into the front post. It happens! - If your video had been a compilation of 5 goals or so scored in the exact same way wach time with the exact same AI movement id see your point about it being 'same old'.

Well I guess I will have to score 3 more the same, but it wasnt against player 2 no, it was against the computer, and no it wasnt on the counter, was in standard play, I had the ball passed it to Henry, and ran! I will see if I can get more later :D

I'm not saying you 'have' to.

Just that you're saying 'Same old fifa... (same old shit)' basically (Yet you seem to be unable to stop playing)

But the goals you have i doubt i'd ever been able to recreate on past fifa games. So i couldnt say its the same old.

Im not saying the games going to be perfect and you cant post dumb videos and that we'll all never see stupid mistakes. Just that people keep posting videos saying 'Same stupid defenders' are ignoring its a demo, its not the final build and its on a lower difficulty.

but the main thing for me is even still... i don't really see anything wrong with the goals you scored - it happens!!

- Though a few pages back (maybe 10 or so) someone posted a few vids with really stupid stuff on so it does happen - im not denying it

Get you wrong with what? You can laugh at my posts, you could do whatever :)

Its not really a fualt though, more of the fact I can score easy now, hence I hope that the defence dont act the same on higher levels, what im trying to get at is that, the positioning may be better on harder, but will I still be able to score that same goal? Because I just run away from the defender then just keep running, then run through... one way they could definately stop that was if the defenders got stronger or faster to stop Henry, but then wouldnt that be like a cheat, so hopefully the defence just stick strong and do it in a fair way, then I will be very happy, and back to where I was when first playing it! Anyway, these are faults yes, but im the consumer its me thats gonna have to worry about it, I dont need to post the good things, as anything besides the faults is a good thing :D

Well I guess im sorry for showing some faults in your game JayD :(:)

Also on higher AI, the com better be better going forward, they do the same boring tactic on the demo, look for the wings, then cross, pretty much ALL the teams.

It's the fact that your posts are transparent. In my opinion you really want to come on here a slate FIFA ala some other members but you're much more subtle about it, actually pretending you like it while picking it apart. I'm all for people not liking FIFA as a game is just that and some people want different things from games. So I respect people more who come out with their stance instead of covertly doing it but I guess that come from your love for MGS ;).

Anyhow I've seen you gushing over the bug ridden PES demo in the WE forum, and love it which is your perogative but my issue as I mentioned before is the seemingly under cover nature of your digs always videoing anything negative you can about FIFA, where are your negative videos of PES?

If I'm wrong I apologize but that's just the impression I'm getting.

p.s it's not my game but I wish it was as I'd be a rich man.

Seraph's what do you mean SAME OLD FIFA?

Neither of those goals were the same, and in any case, Henry is typical for someone who repeats similar goals all the time!

In anycase, Pro Evo 2008's AI is terrible overall (beat it on highest difficulty twice already, 2-0 and 2-1...), so its not like we have a choice.

My negatives of pro evo will come after day three, when I start to look into it in more detail :) Same with fifa, I played fifa on day one as a new game as a neutral, and was impressed, more than impressed, but im on the same terms with PES360, I didn hate 07, but I HATED PES6 360, hence why I am impressed with the 2008 bar the speed.

Fifa 08 is a very good game, it captures the pace of football nicely, but I think at times to be too slow, my personal opinion is I dont like the pace of both games at the moment, Fifa too slow, PES too fast. Fifa is good for general pace, PES better for some good fast counters, each have the good points, but look at it this way, the fualts I have mentioned be it as a undercover spy from PES to slate fifa ;) are only the keepers which more than me have said, the ball physics I dont like (I just find it too bouncy) and the fact the demo is easy, in final game it will get much harder.

Give me time with the PES faults videos :)

p.s Metal Gear Solid is amazing!

I loved the career mode on PS2 fifa 07 last year though.

Rodelero: Im sorry but, its what I have been accustomated to with fifa, I remember when I played fifa 99 - 05 it was the same goals, hence why I said that :)

They were the same in terms of me just running anywhere! :D

Sorry for the rough edit, its cause I had to type it fast, as I have to go footy :)

Last edited:

please can the french boy list the boots that are in the game and tell us if we can use it in the editor?some adidas,nike,diadora,umbro etc...

hi
a question about online-multiplayer...

for 5vs5 there will be a patch this year, but is 2on2 online possible in the release-version? ( 2on2 = 4 different consoles)

ps: sorry for my bad english 8)

Some questions please Jack

Can you confirm that there is no game speed option?

Different nets and improved physics from the demo?

Has the quality of the commentary improved from 07?

Have you played on any dodgy pitches yet? and does it affect the game?

Atmosphere/sound/crowd noises improved over demo?

Graphics generally improved from the demo?

Do we have wednesday night matches in career mode?

Cheers matey

- Finally, this one I am bitterly disapointed about and I will make no bones about it - in a multiplayer league, if you pick a team each and then participate in a full Premier League (for example), you can't move the controller over to the CPU side. People who play multiplayer the same way as I do will understand this, and it's really fucking frustrating. We are emailing our EA connection as I type to try and get this sorted, if not in a patch, for next year.

Right, it's 3:05 in the morning, I am out of here.
I'm like you Jack this feature is very important to me and my mates, we play a lot of multiplayer and it was also left out of PES 6 which killed me.
Can you at least switch controllers over to CPU when playing a custom cup or something. That would be little consolation at least.

Can you at least switch controllers over to CPU when playing a custom cup or something. That would be little consolation at least.
Nope - the league and cup are created in the same place, the tournament editor. So it's not there... I will be pestering EA over it though, I don't know if it will have results but personally I am gutted.

As for all the questions, we will get around to them all lads, but you'll have to give us 24 hours. We're trying to get screenshots and vids up, plus a load of other stuff, plus the fact that we're not being paid for this and we have lives outside of the blog ;)

It's the fact that your posts are transparent. In my opinion you really want to come on here a slate FIFA ala some other members but you're much more subtle about it, actually pretending you like it while picking it apart. I'm all for people not liking FIFA as a game is just that and some people want different things from games. So I respect people more who come out with their stance instead of covertly doing it but I guess that come from your love for MGS ;).

Anyhow I've seen you gushing over the bug ridden PES demo in the WE forum, and love it which is your perogative but my issue as I mentioned before is the seemingly under cover nature of your digs always videoing anything negative you can about FIFA, where are your negative videos of PES?

If I'm wrong I apologize but that's just the impression I'm getting.

p.s it's not my game but I wish it was as I'd be a rich man.

I think Seraphs is like alot of people who are looking for the faults in the game before the fun begins.He will do the same for PES, no doubt , but why people just cannot enjoy the games for what they are rather than picking holes in everything is somewhat confusing.

I have made it clear that i do not like aspects of PES that therefore diminish the simulation in that game, but it will still be enjoyable to play, depending on how seriously you take your gaming/Life.

I agree with most of Jay's post, what is the real point in posting videos of perceived faults if you do not hav an underlying motive.

I could post a ton of videos of the PES demo, especially the ability on the hardest difficulty to take my full back unchallenged the whole length of the pitch to score, but why do that on the PES thread?? there is no need! and to be honest I have not watched any of his videos since the one he posted with the head not making contact with the ball.

I dont think any PES, FIFA or fans of both wants persistant videos of faults on any thread.

Some just take the whole thing too seriously,nothings ever going to be perfect in simulating real life.

Nope - the league and cup are created in the same place, the tournament editor. So it's not there... I will be pestering EA over it though, I don't know if it will have results but personally I am gutted.

As for all the questions, we will get around to them all lads, but you'll have to give us 24 hours. We're trying to get screenshots and vids up, plus a load of other stuff, plus the fact that we're not being paid for this and we have lives outside of the blog ;)

Your clearly not commited to this Jack:lmao::lol:;)

Originally Posted by Jack Bauer

in a multiplayer league, if you pick a team each and then participate in a full Premier League (for example), you can't move the controller over to the CPU side. People who play multiplayer the same way as I do will understand this, and it's really fucking frustrating. We are emailing our EA connection as I type to try and get this sorted, if not in a patch, for next year.

Why would you want to move to the CPU side?

because thats the way I tend too play with my mate too. He and I choses a team and we are starting a coup. Then he is controlling my opponents and I his. Its a lot of fun

Why would you want to move to the CPU side?
Because I hate non-stop friendlies with no meaning.

What me and my friends do in PES is... Say you're going to do a Premier League and there's four of us. I will go Liverpool, they will go Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd. The rest are CPU teams. Then, when Liverpool are against Newcastle, I will control Liverpool and all three of them will control Newcastle. Get it now?

It means you're always playing for something.

Because I hate non-stop friendlies with no meaning.

What me and my friends do in PES is... Say you're going to do a Premier League and there's four of us. I will go Liverpool, they will go Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd. The rest are CPU teams. Then, when Liverpool are against Newcastle, I will control Liverpool and all three of them will control Newcastle. Get it now?

It means you're always playing for something.

Ah we have never done that, far to long winded and boring :)

we just stick us all in a Konami cup/League and battle it out to see who really is the best

Back
Top Bottom