FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Yes they have added this in the current gen of the game, i suppose the may have done the same with next gen FIFA...
Where do you find the form stuff in current-gen eliasg? Carl did look for a form/morale bit in the stats of his players in manager mode but he couldn't find anything.

Sorry Jack my mistake...

I will edit the post right now, i was thought that Andreas was talking about
player indicators

They killed Arsenal :shock:
I think Hleb, Gilberto, Van Persie, Adebayor and Flamini should have higher stats.
Bad news regarding multiplayer. However, I can see them releasing a patch later on.

Right I dunno what to think now, its all over the show for me, about Fifa 08 this is, played it today, and these videos all sum up for me what the game is like in general, more than most this is happened, but still I love the slow pace, but I feel thats what it is restricted to, a slow pace, so sometimes my mind wonders, and makes up something more fun, but I still am getting really annoyed at this, and this is happening in a demo thats only 4 mins long, who knows about a full 4 min game in a league :S

I find it too easy to score, and doubt its cause of difficulty, I can literally run and score its really easy, so now Im bored of the demo already as I can score it more or the less the same, then I keep seeing the same stupid ball physics or collisions with ball I dunno what you call it, then the keepers. Well hopefully these videos show what I mean, remember they are all from one game today :) The only game today aswell...

Keepers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq3o5LBgph4

Silver Surfer Ball Physics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0rAGDofE9o

Easy, Easy, Easy, Easy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4hGVyABTa0

Easy, Easy, Easy, Easy Again :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kwF5PPGgD0

Im relying on the online league now :) Because single player if it remains like that, seems like it is going to get very boring, very fast :(

*First Post In Some Time :) Gonna Have To Say My PES2008 Thoughts Soon!*
man the ball physics look fucked up, but the goals you scored look fine, what are you on about?

Right I dunno what to think now, its all over the show for me, about Fifa 08 this is, played it today, and these videos all sum up for me what the game is like in general, more than most this is happened, but still I love the slow pace, but I feel thats what it is restricted to, a slow pace, so sometimes my mind wonders, and makes up something more fun, but I still am getting really annoyed at this, and this is happening in a demo thats only 4 mins long, who knows about a full 4 min game in a league :S

I find it too easy to score, and doubt its cause of difficulty, I can literally run and score its really easy, so now Im bored of the demo already as I can score it more or the less the same, then I keep seeing the same stupid ball physics or collisions with ball I dunno what you call it, then the keepers. Well hopefully these videos show what I mean, remember they are all from one game today :) The only game today aswell...

Keepers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq3o5LBgph4

Silver Surfer Ball Physics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0rAGDofE9o

Easy, Easy, Easy, Easy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4hGVyABTa0

Easy, Easy, Easy, Easy Again :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kwF5PPGgD0

Im relying on the online league now :) Because single player if it remains like that, seems like it is going to get very boring, very fast :(

*First Post In Some Time :) Gonna Have To Say My PES2008 Thoughts Soon!*

Maybe you should simply wait to play the full version (which we've just heard is more responsive and with better AI and goalkeeping), before you decide on the game. A demo is simply that - a brief, incomplete sampling of some of the things the game is capable of just to give you a taste...wait for the full meal before you go and spit it out in your napkin under the table! ;)

I just finished watching a recorded game between Barca vs Sevilla. And I noticed the Barca bench players warming up on the sidelines. They were jogging one behind the other and later stretching while directing their attention towards the game from time to time.

And then a thought struck my head. It would be so great if EA could include this sideline activity in next year's version. I can imagine seeing my players warming up on the side and seeing their heads turning to watch the game. Or raise their hands in disgust when a bad tackle or call is made by the ref. Imagine peeking at the sidelines and recognizing each player from afar. I just think this would be so cool. It would be neat if we could trigger this sideline activity at the menu instead of it being automatic.

I am sooooooooo anxious to see more videos of the finished FIFA version. Jack mentioned that the response times have been greatly improved. That's all I really needed to be tweaked. I will play this game to death. Can't wait.

Peace!
;-)

Is the ai's pinpoint slide tackling still the same in the full game? They can slide tackle me from behind send me diving to the ground and nothing ever gets called.

- From the looks of the management mode, there's no European competition. Carl selected Liverpool and played up until December - league matches yes, FA Cup matches yes, European matches no. Considering this is included even in FIFA 07 we're assuming that this is a mistake somewhere, either Carl has somehow switched it off (which is doubtable) or you have to play one entire season first and "qualify". But this is completely weird.

[/b]

Wasnt this the same in Fifa 07.

You cant just pick a good team and play in europe you have to qualify and play the following season.

Sorry Seraphs don't get me wrong but I laugh at your posts, always trying to highlight faults etc, of course playing on a higher difficulty will make it more difficult to do things, the AI will be smarter what would be the point otherwise?

already out in France

- no referees
- can't change the speed of the game
- "be a pro mode" in download later
- you can unlock few third kits

fifa08ut7.jpg

fifa08as7.jpg

fifa08js5.jpg

Just saying that THIS is how you advertise you HAVE the game. kudos to whoever!

Post a pic get the respect!

I am gonna be in lisbon this Thursday/Friday. will the city be buzzing with derby fever??

Also I think I am gonna buy a sporting jersey when I arrive..

Certainly in the sports papers and in pubs and coffee shops. People will be talking about it.

But why the FU** are you getting a Sporting jersey? Benfica is THE club! :)

JB, u said theres oficial boots to buy at the fifa shop, does that mean we dont have oficial boots to assing in the edit mode by defualt? do we need to buy it? if so, ill be quite dissapointed.
also, did u check with him about the edit mode? can we edit genric players app?

Where do you find the form stuff in current-gen eliasg? Carl did look for a form/morale bit in the stats of his players in manager mode but he couldn't find anything.

Thanx for all the help Jack:applause::applause::applause: and I know you've been riddled with Questions but there is one very important to me. Can the camera be changed in offline multiplayer or does it stay as tele cam always, thats all PLS find out thank you.

Jesus look at the time, I am absolutely knackered. I've been on the phone to Carl on and off for five hours, some things you might want to hear before I go to bed.

The 3 good bits...

- Response time is literally twice as responsive in the retail version. Plus, defensive AI is noticeably improved. If you are Barcelona v Red Bulls, you can get through them and they will make mistakes, but they are professionals so only occasionally - take your chances when you get them. HOWEVER, and this is my favourite news of the night, if you play a lower-league team you will find them all over the shop. Carl played a career game, and when he played Newcastle on Professional he lost 1-0. He played Sheffield United in the cup and he won 3-0, it should have been more apparently. So the AI differs enough to make it realistic; in the league it's a struggle, in the cup against a worse team you can smash them if you concentrate.

- In 10/20 matches he hasn't seen a goalkeeping howler yet, apart from one incident where he used a trick and danced around the goalie.

- Legendary mode is almost literally impossible, anyone who masters it is either a prodigy or a robot. It is barely even possible to touch the ball and this is coming from someone who mastered FIFA 07 - should keep you happy Seraphs. ;)

The 3 bad bits...

- He's accidentally scored from a diagonal cross twice. Hopefully this is just coincidence.

- From the looks of the management mode, there's no European competition. Carl selected Liverpool and played up until December - league matches yes, FA Cup matches yes, European matches no. Considering this is included even in FIFA 07 we're assuming that this is a mistake somewhere, either Carl has somehow switched it off (which is doubtable) or you have to play one entire season first and "qualify". But this is completely weird.

- Finally, this one I am bitterly disapointed about and I will make no bones about it - in a multiplayer league, if you pick a team each and then participate in a full Premier League (for example), you can't move the controller over to the CPU side. People who play multiplayer the same way as I do will understand this, and it's really fucking frustrating. We are emailing our EA connection as I type to try and get this sorted, if not in a patch, for next year.

Jamez, to answer your question, that stadia list is from the game itself. Carl couldn't see any stadia in the fan shop so we're assuming that's the lot of them.

Right, it's 3:05 in the morning, I am out of here.

Well done, Jack. I was sound asleep dreaming of bunnies as you were keeping us informed.

The AI news is, of course, critical. I've got to the stage with the demo that I don't want to play it any more. Had the super-AI reponses been present for all AI teams, I would not buy this game.

As it is, I see a number of other annoying problems with the AI, some of which are already documented here (perfect high-speed passing all the way up the puitch, but then they just miss shot after shot for no good reason. The only goals they ever score in the demo are headers (which they seem to win in the box every time).

Lack of super-cancel is getting very annoying. There's the pin-point Ai slide tackles which leave your guy in a crumpled heap but is rarely blown as a foul, yet I'm getting pulled up for X tackles where I win the ball (horribly reminiscent of PES and it's cheating refs).

Lack of European competition (if confirmed) in career mode would be criminal. If EA think I'm coughing up for a CL game in a few months, forget it. This game barely merits £40, let alone having to purchase a second copy to play in Europe. I sincerely hope it's an issue of having to qualify after one whole season.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO european competition, what the heck is that. Jack can you please try to confirm that. Even having to play one season before getting into Europe is a little silly. That would mean in your first season of your career there is no Champions League/Uefa Cup taking part. Or would it still go ahead, but you wouldn't be able to enter just yet even if you picked Madrid, Liverpool, Milan etc?

Last edited:

Lads calm down there has been no confirmation about the lack of European competition. It will almost positivley be like previous versions where you have to qualify then in the second season you play in it. I also remember reading that the UCL format was in but not licensed.

@RockyJJP

Yes camera angles can be changed in the final version thast was only a limitation in multi-player matches in the.

Im sure ive played a previous FIFA where you had to qualify for Europe after one season??

It really doesnt bother me as long as it's included the season after.

Thanks for your input JB, dont forget to PM me with the question i asked you mate, no rush though pal.

Lads calm down there has been no confirmation about the lack of European competition. It will almost positivley be like previous versions where you have to qualify then in the second season you play in it. I also remember reading that the UCL format was in but not licensed.

@RockyJJP

Yes camera angles can be changed in the final version thast was only a limitation in multi-player matches in the.

Bless you;)

I wonder if GameStation will sell the game early to me today :)

Steve Sidwell gets a higher rating than Yossi Benayoun?

Shevchenko is obviously better than 81, everyone knows he just isn't suited to the EPL

Arbeloa should be more like an 80

Carragher is better than R.Ferdinand without a doubt, well he should be reflected so in the stats anyway

C.Ronaldo only 88? He's one of the top players in the world, why not in the 90's? What does a player have to be to get in the 90's?

Who's Anderson at Man Utd? 82 is a high rating considering he's not a seasoned regular? But Fletcher, who is crap but plays a fair few games, only gets 73?

O'Shea also should be around the 80 mark

Adebayor should be a bit higher, as should Crouch

Fabregas should be around 88, Rosicky about 82

Toure should be around 87-88

Some odd stats, but mostly about right :)

I would like to know 2 things, both related to career mode:

1 Can we change the stadium of the selected team?
2 Do we have to play all the career games during daylight like fifa07?

Can someone confirm this please?

One thing to remember about the stats is that some may go up if you play the player in a slightly different position.

But I also think Arsenal have been under rated.

There are a few player face pics over at www.fifasoccerblog.com

There's only four at the moment but loads more will follow.

Snoop, Anderson is the new player they bought in with Nani,

I think that they got the stats about right. I trust EA when it comes to things like this - have you seen all the research they do. I think you can even volunteer to be a 'scout' for upcoming fifa games there was a link somewhere earlier in the thread. It shows a great sense that they want things to improve and great integration with the fifa community.

EA are starting to get things right now. Wether people on here love fifa 08 or hate it. As a complete package they are second to none.

Personally looking forward to the online leagues and the video community (aanother great feature this year)

everything sounds great except the CL missing in career mode. we need to geht this for sure. that could be a mission breaker

Back
Top Bottom