FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

"be a pro mode" in download later.

Dont you mean 5 vs 5 online Be a Pro for download later Thomas. ?

yeah, EA announced that a few weeks ago mate, probably in 2 months time

You've said that twice, and if ThomasGOAL ever buys FIFA then the world will end, everyone knows that.

He would rather eat his socks.

I remember one day going to a friends house with my best mate and our burds for a game of fifa on psone. When i arrived he had this huge grin on his face, which usually meant "i'm gonna wipe the floor with you today, i've been practising".
Then he introduced us to International Superstar Soccer. Wooooooooooooah!!!
Hours later we were driving home alone and the wives (our burds at the time) were erased from our thoughts and left behind. It was awesome. We were both totally stunned at how good the gameplay was.
From that day on we played Pes, from psone and ps2 to PC (which was my favourite) and enjoyed every one more than the last.
I have also spent a lot of time convincing my other half to let me buy the latest next gen console, which has seen me doing things that i'm not too proud of but had to be done to get it.
So, more than 10 years (a third of my life) devoted to Konami and the pes brand of the best gameplay around my budddy and i have been looking forward to pes 2008.
Then last week he knocks on my door and says "i recongnise that look, you think your going to wipe the floor with me tonight dont you."
To which my reply was "I just hope it dosent take Konami 10 years to live up to this game"

I'm still going to buy pes for nostalgia but ive got a feeling that this new fifa game is going to be played to the death.

Great post mate ;) Reminded me of good old times...
I'm with you. I think after ten long years those exciting days are finally back.

I would like to know 2 things, both related with career mode:

1 Can we change the stadium of the selected team?
2 Do we have to play all the career games during daylight like fifa07?

To you who have played FIFA before: is there form changes before matches? Like in PES, you have the red, yellow, green, blue and purple arrows which indicates their form. Is there anything similar in FIFA?

how about Serie A Teams ? Serie A Top 4, La Liga, Bundesliga im sure their coming 2day be it in 12-24 hours but i wanna c Totti's Rating

First match: Galatasaray - Fenerbahçe (Veltins Arena)
Second match: Manchester United - Chelsea (Old Trafford)
Third match: Inter - AC Milan (San Siro)

I can't wait :|

what i hate is when people who dont want the game get it a gd 4-5 days before me! (thomasGOAL)

Im a FIFA addict and im starved from playing a game i will put in god knows how many hours into this year. Considering how Pro Evo will only be played when FIFA gets frustrating and I need to bang in 10 goals with Adriano every 2-3 games :)

wow this is a joke adebayor havin 78 of rating and that jozy altidore got a 74-5 rating wich is pretty lame,wondering how the bottom table players rating will be along with the mls teams wich are overated

Right I dunno what to think now, its all over the show for me, about Fifa 08 this is, played it today, and these videos all sum up for me what the game is like in general, more than most this is happened, but still I love the slow pace, but I feel thats what it is restricted to, a slow pace, so sometimes my mind wonders, and makes up something more fun, but I still am getting really annoyed at this, and this is happening in a demo thats only 4 mins long, who knows about a full 4 min game in a league :S

I find it too easy to score, and doubt its cause of difficulty, I can literally run and score its really easy, so now Im bored of the demo already as I can score it more or the less the same, then I keep seeing the same stupid ball physics or collisions with ball I dunno what you call it, then the keepers. Well hopefully these videos show what I mean, remember they are all from one game today :) The only game today aswell...

Keepers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq3o5LBgph4

Silver Surfer Ball Physics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0rAGDofE9o

Easy, Easy, Easy, Easy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4hGVyABTa0

Easy, Easy, Easy, Easy Again :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kwF5PPGgD0

Im relying on the online league now :) Because single player if it remains like that, seems like it is going to get very boring, very fast :(

*First Post In Some Time :) Gonna Have To Say My PES2008 Thoughts Soon!*

With regards to the stadiums:

Thanks for posting the list on the FIFA blog.

I noticed there was no Bernabeu on that list. Is that correct?

Also I noticed there was 28 stadiums on the list. I thought there was supposed to be 30?

wow this is a joke adebayor havin 78 of rating and that jozy altidore got a 74-5 rating wich is pretty lame,wondering how the bottom table players rating will be along with the mls teams wich are overated

I'd give Adebayor more like a 80, Rosicky 84 and Fabregas 86. Gilberto, Hleb and Sagna are slightly underrated too.
Then again I remember Hleb's overall rating was the same in Fifa 07.

Last edited:

Jesus look at the time, I am absolutely knackered. I've been on the phone to Carl on and off for five hours, some things you might want to hear before I go to bed.

The 3 good bits...

- Response time is literally twice as responsive in the retail version. Plus, defensive AI is noticeably improved. If you are Barcelona v Red Bulls, you can get through them and they will make mistakes, but they are professionals so only occasionally - take your chances when you get them. HOWEVER, and this is my favourite news of the night, if you play a lower-league team you will find them all over the shop. Carl played a career game, and when he played Newcastle on Professional he lost 1-0. He played Sheffield United in the cup and he won 3-0, it should have been more apparently. So the AI differs enough to make it realistic; in the league it's a struggle, in the cup against a worse team you can smash them if you concentrate.

- In 10/20 matches he hasn't seen a goalkeeping howler yet, apart from one incident where he used a trick and danced around the goalie.

- Legendary mode is almost literally impossible, anyone who masters it is either a prodigy or a robot. It is barely even possible to touch the ball and this is coming from someone who mastered FIFA 07 - should keep you happy Seraphs. ;)

The 3 bad bits...

- He's accidentally scored from a diagonal cross twice. Hopefully this is just coincidence.

- From the looks of the management mode, there's no European competition. Carl selected Liverpool and played up until December - league matches yes, FA Cup matches yes, European matches no. Considering this is included even in FIFA 07 we're assuming that this is a mistake somewhere, either Carl has somehow switched it off (which is doubtable) or you have to play one entire season first and "qualify". But this is completely weird.

- Finally, this one I am bitterly disapointed about and I will make no bones about it - in a multiplayer league, if you pick a team each and then participate in a full Premier League (for example), you can't move the controller over to the CPU side. People who play multiplayer the same way as I do will understand this, and it's really fucking frustrating. We are emailing our EA connection as I type to try and get this sorted, if not in a patch, for next year.

Jamez, to answer your question, that stadia list is from the game itself. Carl couldn't see any stadia in the fan shop so we're assuming that's the lot of them.

Right, it's 3:05 in the morning, I am out of here.

Last edited:

well IMHO you said its too easy to score lol its on semi pro dude notch up the difficulty if its so easy for you.... when you get the full game.

I'll be playing alot of single player for the 1st time since I got xbox live in fifa 08 for any game bar Splinter Cell and Project Gotham Racing 3 :)

Jesus look at the time, I am absolutely knackered. I've been on the phone to Carl on and off for five hours, some things you might want to hear before I go to bed.

- Response time is literally twice as responsive in the retail version.

- Defensive AI is definitely improved, not hugely but substantially. If you are Barcelona v Red Bulls, you can get through them and they will make mistakes, but they are professionals so only occasionally - take your chances when you get them. HOWEVER, and this is my favourite news of the night, if you play a lower-league team you will find them all over the shop. Carl played a career game, and when he played Newcastle on Professional he lost 1-0. He played Sheffield United in the cup and he won 3-0, it should have been more apparently. So the AI differs enough to make it realistic; in the league it's a struggle, in the cup against a worse team you can smash them if you concentrate.

- In 10/20 matches he hasn't seen a goalkeeping howler yet, apart from one incident where the keeper came to stop the striker in his tracks and Carl used a trick - the keeper just took him out when the ball was a few feet away from the player.

- Legendary mode is almost literally impossible, anyone who masters it is either a prodigy or a robot. It is barely even possible to touch the ball and this is coming from someone who mastered FIFA 07 - should keep you happy Seraphs. ;)

- He's accidentally scored from a diagonal cross twice. Hopefully this is just coincidence.

Jamez, to answer your question, that list is from the game itself. Carl couldn't see any stadiums in the fan shop so we're assuming that's the lot of them.

Also Jay, I dont think its gonna be a diffuculty problem, i mean if it is, then its gonna have to make the defence faster and stronger, which then comes into the game being cheap, as thats not then using the stats, so its like cheating, the defence may play better, but still I am confident I can do this run, that is if the defence strentghts and speed dont get a magical boost :(

Legendary Mode, like the sound of that, If I beat it, do I get a medal saying legend? Or an achievement saying legend? But it might be toooo hard, meh Henry will try :)

Jamez, to answer your question, that list is from the game itself. Carl couldn't see any stadiums in the fan shop so we're assuming that's the lot of them.

Ok thanks for the swift reply, Jack.

Just seems a bit odd that the mighty Real Madrid don't have a home. Unless that's downloadable content for later. Or maybe it's just wishful thinking.

Just done a swift edit (see a few posts above) and included more good points and bad points. That is my lot now, I'm off to bed. Goodnight.

Back
Top Bottom