FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Hey guys,

Just got off the phone to Carl and spoke to him regarding when we will be able to get info relayed to the team and ultimately to the Fifa blog.

Expect info like stadiums lists, stats etc posted this evening but most of the magic will happen during tomorrow. Theres gonna be pics and videos galore :)
Excellent news!!!!

Hey guys,

Just got off the phone to Carl and spoke to him regarding when we will be able to get info relayed to the team and ultimately to the Fifa blog.

Expect info like stadiums lists, stats etc posted this evening but most of the magic will happen during tomorrow. Theres gonna be pics and videos galore :)

Awesome :applause:

I remember one day going to a friends house with my best mate and our burds for a game of fifa on psone. When i arrived he had this huge grin on his face, which usually meant "i'm gonna wipe the floor with you today, i've been practising".
Then he introduced us to International Superstar Soccer. Wooooooooooooah!!!
Hours later we were driving home alone and the wives (our burds at the time) were erased from our thoughts and left behind. It was awesome. We were both totally stunned at how good the gameplay was.
From that day on we played Pes, from psone and ps2 to PC (which was my favourite) and enjoyed every one more than the last.
I have also spent a lot of time convincing my other half to let me buy the latest next gen console, which has seen me doing things that i'm not too proud of but had to be done to get it.
So, more than 10 years (a third of my life) devoted to Konami and the pes brand of the best gameplay around my budddy and i have been looking forward to pes 2008.
Then last week he knocks on my door and says "i recongnise that look, you think your going to wipe the floor with me tonight dont you."
To which my reply was "I just hope it dosent take Konami 10 years to live up to this game"

I'm still going to buy pes for nostalgia but ive got a feeling that this new fifa game is going to be played to the death.

Just tried the PES2008 demo and I completely agree with him.
PES must be sold in Xbox Live Arcade , period.
This is a bad arcade , nothing more. It's PES6 on steroids.
Unrealistic ultra fast speeds , players moving like they are on ice , no serious ball/player physics at all. Even GKs are getting worse in PES2008. Nothing like real football and no "evolution" at all... :(

Fifa08 on the other hand is getting better and better as I play more games. Today I played against a friend of mine ( PES gamer who also liked Fifa08 when hi 1st saw it today ) and it's a totally different game than the one against the "perfect" AI. Human vs human is much more enjoyable and it's the way I always preferred sports games anyway ;)

Fifa08 is Forza2 and PES is SEGA rally for me :p

I just hope they fix the GK stupidity in the retail version.
Can't wait to get it and see all the teams and stadiums. And of course play a 20 minutes FULL match :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PS , what is this "My Match" thing you all write in the last pages? What game are we playing here? :p

what is the matchup you will start with. thats the game we play here
Lol , ok , I think mine matches will be :
Arsenal - Liverpool
Milan - Juventus
Sevilla - Valencia
and all the Champions League teams :mrgreen:

I hope we will see soon a Fifa08 release in newsgroups or something. I can't wait till the stores get it here in Greece :lol:

Sorry, but can't you make a seperate thread about playing the Evo-Web league games please :)

Just asking again, are the players "eyes" better now, ont heir face lol, because on previous FIFAs on XBox360, they look very DEADLY, like they had been sleep deprived or something like this:
Adriano_InterVsValencia.jpg

Its oh so quiet on Fifa blog.

Cant say i blame them who wants to feed us with info when you can play Fifa 08 all night. :D

For those who are interested...

World exclusive coming in ten minutes (no pics or videos, nothing too excited, but one of them is the answer to our most asked question so far).

world exclusive player ratings id guess or stadiums list and or club ratings... and questions about multiplayer functionality.. i hope anyway

I cant agree to that. Playing against Red Bull and Barca is a big difference. While I dominate Red Bull I still dont win every game. Sometimes I win 3:0 sometimes I just play 0:0. Playing against an equal team is really nice. Its very hard to build up some chances but from time to time there are some. And I even won a couple of times against Barca and co. This is just a 4min half. I am planing to play 10 or 15min halfs. And this beeing only 2* difficulty makes it even better. Because my skills will improve with every hour I play the final game. And I want it to be challenging in 2 months too. The pace of the game, the look and feel and the whole gameplay is so realistic that it blowed me away. PES is arcade and I have already read many old FIFA fans complaining about the new gameplay and them wanting to switch to PES. Why ? because their beloved arcade gameplay is gone and is found at konami newer days.

excellent comment, couldn't agree more. quality discussion on this thread, bringing up some really good points.

btw one which thing that i don't like about FIFA is that it isn't balanced.

on the one hand there's the super AI in defence (which is imo the simple reason for the new, slower, more realistic build-up football gameplay style) and then on the other hand i'm utterly shocked by the cpu strikers!

they behave way too clumsy and awkward to be any real threat. played 12 halfs already but no cpu goal still. couldn't believe it so i deliberately threw the ball directly on their feets several times. guess they scored!!? i can only hope that this is EAs way to define the "semi-pro" and cannot be seen on higher difficulty levels.

News is up. Still no answers to AI questions I'm afraid, Carl has had a busy day, but for the next 12 hours he's going to be taking screenshots etc. so this is just a taster. Hopefully you're all happy with what's included tonight.

great news thx.

you can ask him also if there are any blond players because in the demo players like kahn or schweinsteiger who should be blond are having black hairs. another question is the look of crespo because in the demo he is black and bold (wtf)

Im happy the Azteca is still there my fave Stadium to play in on FIFA GAMES with Camp Nou and the Guiseppe Meazza

great news thx.

you can ask him also if there are any blond players because in the demo players like kahn or schweinsteiger who should be blond are having black hairs. another question is the look of crespo because in the demo he is black and bold (wtf)

On my tv Crespo is tanned just like he was when he arrived back for Pre Season training with Inter.. Id guess it would change in the final version but it tells me the demo is about 6-8 weeks old... also if they were trying to copy real life events at the time...

did he also cut off his hear in real life?

excellent comment, couldn't agree more. quality discussion on this thread, bringing up some really good points.

btw one which thing that i don't like about FIFA is that it isn't balanced.

on the one hand there's the super AI in defence (which is imo the simple reason for the new, slower, more realistic build-up football gameplay style) and then on the other hand i'm utterly shocked by the cpu strikers!

they behave way too clumsy and awkward to be any real threat. played 12 halfs already but no cpu goal still. couldn't believe it so i deliberately threw the ball directly on their feets several times. guess they scored!!? i can only hope that this is EAs way to define the "semi-pro" and cannot be seen on higher difficulty levels

yes cpu shooting is horrible. I hope its fixed in the final game even on 2* difficulty

already out in France

- no referees
- can't change the speed of the game
- "be a pro mode" in download later
- you can unlock few third kits

fifa08ut7.jpg

fifa08as7.jpg

fifa08js5.jpg

Last edited:

News is up. Still no answers to AI questions I'm afraid, Carl has had a busy day, but for the next 12 hours he's going to be taking screenshots etc. so this is just a taster. Hopefully you're all happy with what's included tonight.

Cheers for info i look forward to more later today. :)

I understand perfectly, and that is of a big importance for me.

Me and my 3 friends use to set up 4 league groups, everyone chooses a team to lead and put only 1 human team in each group (I usually play Barcelona and my friends pick Inter, Man U and Juventus) and play against the other 3 teams (cpu controlled) in each group, but every CPU team is controlled by one of the friends, so at the end you play 3 matches with your team and one match with a CPU team against on of the friends. So we never fight directly between us until 1/8 or 1/4 finals, depending on the results. It's a great way to play, and though we could set it up manually with pen and paper it's great if EA let us do it automatically. Hope you understand this. :roll:

:lmao:LOL! Of course I understand. We do exactly the same shit! It's great!!!

I forgot to say the following, just tagged it onto the bottom of the article.

You can also buy boots and balls from the "fan shop". You can buy boots from Adidas, Nike, Puma, Diadora, Lotto, Umbro and Hummel. You can buy balls from Adidas, Diadora, Nike and Puma. Both categories also have generic EA SPORTS items available to buy.

Back
Top Bottom