FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

oh ok, so u havent played fifa 08 yet? believe me u will like it
HAHA, Lazavas, don't even say that. If he did, he wouldn't say he did. PES is a brand, you only have to look at the PES thread to see it. Word.

As for the stadium list, no stadium list from EA yet, but we've just received our promo copies so we will get one up shortly.

@Jack

I havent played pes08 and fifa 08 demo. You can trust me i am not of these pesfanobys like begman or thomas...i am only sceptical about fifa and the comments here.

HAHA, Lazavas, don't even say that. If he did, he wouldn't say he did. PES is a brand. Word.

jack, i used to be like that, i honestly feel that fifa hasnt been that good until this year, but i dont want to get into that argument now, just so i could see the difference i d.loaded demo of fifa 07 and world cup game (that was way too fast for my liking) i have uefa champs league which is still not great for me but playble,what im trying to get at is that i compared these demos and i then was able to see the difference, fifa is so much of an improvement, pro evo is so much of a backward step, who knows, i may play the retail version of pro evo and change my mind, but i think thats unlikely, even a mad pro evo friend of mine played the fifa demo and was blown away, its just so refreshing and its so new, its real football, sure there are things that annoy me in it but its not a huge deal, i cannot wait to play full version, i love my footy games and at end of the day i will play the best one wether its pro evo or fifa, its not a religion, its a game, i dont care about pro evo vs fifa, i dont owe either one of them anything, i just want the game which makes me feel like its real football and that game is fifa, end of story, its that simple

HAHA, Lazavas, don't even say that. If he did, he wouldn't say he did. PES is a brand, you only have to look at the PES thread to see it. Word.

As for the stadium list, no stadium list from EA yet, but we've just received our promo copies so we will get one up shortly.

what? promo copies? is that the full game? u lucky bastard! haha

Great news Jack
I love your avatar, "Evacuate Man City" :D Haha, but just to say, we have received promo copies but unfortunately only the guy who runs the FIFA blog has them in his possession, and he now has to send them out to JayD and I. So it will probably be Tuesday before we get it and our impressions are up. I'll ask him to make a list of the stadiums though.

He's playing it right now on Live, the bastard. I'm sitting here watching his status change like a teletext score.

FIFA 08
Kick-Off
Score: 0-0

I love your avatar, "Evacuate Man City" :D Haha, but just to say, we have received promo copies but unfortunately only the guy who runs the FIFA blog has them in his possession, and he now has to send them out to JayD and I. So it will probably be Tuesday before we get it and our impressions are up. I'll ask him to make a list of the stadiums though.

He's playing it right now on Live, the bastard. I'm sitting here watching his status change like a teletext score.

FIFA 08
Kick-Off
Score: 0-0

I was going to say postman abit late its 7pm. :lol:

Git i want to play. :(

Jack, please ask him about the all important defensive AI of cpu teams, particularly lower league, and also about the passing accuracy of lesser cpu teams. Is there realism or are all teams immaculate?

I will sleep well tonight if they have fixed that.

myself said:
I think EA better send Jack the retail version pronto, keep him away from here and stop him exploding!

EA are on the ball arent they? Shame they didnt send it directly to Jack.

That should have kept him away from here!

Jack, put people on ignore.

And do you think youll be posting the impressions from, i assume its carl, today/tonight? If so, ill check back later.

Carl is Mr. Prim and Proper, I've asked him to post a review and he said he wants to wait for a few days until he's played the game thoroughly and can give a deep, meaningful opinion (patient bastard).

But I am trying to get a few things out of him for tonight, such as a stadium list, whether defences at Chester City are different from Barcelona, and whether you can select a CPU side in a user-created tournament (I wonder how many know what I mean by that).

I have to get him to STOP PLAYING THE GAME first though.

JB, dont forget to ask about the edit mode!! please m8..
i need to know if can definatly edit the apperance for the player that use generic faces... although my hopes are pretty low atm.

Will do... I did ask everyone to email me their questions though and only two guys did, so I should refuse out of principle ;)

The Power do you have eyeballs or do you just live life deluded, in the palm of Konami?

Its a disgrace to even associate football with Konami. PES2008 is a disgrace to honest gamers that have bought the series for years (me being one of them).

Tnx Jack, tbh its only the things already mentioned that im interested in (improved responsetime, the team/defense quality of lower teams). The rest ill find out when i get the game. Im sure those are the questions you are already asking, trying to get out of him anyway. As a way to get him to give you some info quicker, why dont you suggest he plays the same matches that are possible in the demo? Semi-pro, barca v redbull. Thats a very easy way to compare the two and get a quick anwser. The responsetimes should be obvious, aswell as the defense/team adjustments.

Wednesday should be the day i can get the game, cant wait. Maybe even tuesday!

Ok then. We all want to know what the improvements are. What i want to know is whats the 1st match your gonna set up when you get the game in order to try and find the answers. Mine will be Everton of course vs someone like Notts County on Pro level. Just curious as i feel quite capable on Semi Pro against the big guns.

Sorry if you all feel like its a duff question !!:roll:

Mine will be Tranmere v Bolton. Our main derby. Just because I want to beat them.

After that it will be serious testing time, Barcelona v Tranmere (and I will be Barcelona), to see if I can beat the Tranmere defence. If I can't...

I might cry, you know.

Mine will be Tranmere v Bolton. Our main derby. Just because I want to beat them.

After that it will be serious testing time, Barcelona v Tranmere (and I will be Barcelona), to see if I can beat the Tranmere defence. If I can't...

I might cry, you know.

Im too scared to set up our main derby, dont want Liverpool to beat us so early into having the game!!:lmao:

Leeds United v Gillingham

Thats the next match for Leeds so no doubt i will play that first.

Im going to play man utd v chelsea then man utd v coventry, I always play friendlys of the real life fixtures every week lol, cant wait to wednesday :)

another good result today mate, whats that 7 in a row?

daz how u getting it wednesday i dunno when my free copy comes :(

seems its gonna be later than wednesday atm so what site did u order from or in store ?

and whether you can select a CPU side in a user-created tournament (I wonder how many know what I mean by that).

I understand perfectly, and that is of a big importance for me.

Me and my 3 friends use to set up 4 league groups, everyone chooses a team to lead and put only 1 human team in each group (I usually play Barcelona and my friends pick Inter, Man U and Juventus) and play against the other 3 teams (cpu controlled) in each group, but every CPU team is controlled by one of the friends, so at the end you play 3 matches with your team and one match with a CPU team against on of the friends. So we never fight directly between us until 1/8 or 1/4 finals, depending on the results. It's a great way to play, and though we could set it up manually with pen and paper it's great if EA let us do it automatically. Hope you understand this. :roll:

daz how u getting it wednesday i dunno when my free copy comes :(

seems its gonna be later than wednesday atm so what site did u order from or in store ?

I have a mate who works in a local game shop who said he will sell me it as soon as its in the shop mate

Man Utd vs Chelsea

Knowing my luck will probably get trolloped at start off trying to get used to the game new difficulty will be playing on World Class straight off. :)

Back
Top Bottom