FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

From what we're hearing European competition is there in the manager mode, you just have to qualify for it - so it's not there in the first season. This isn't 100% confirmed but we've heard it from a few sources - apparently it was the same in FIFA 07 next-gen.

We've got a list of about 30 questions now so we'll start working through them shortly. Have patience! :)

Because I hate non-stop friendlies with no meaning.

What me and my friends do in PES is... Say you're going to do a Premier League and there's four of us. I will go Liverpool, they will go Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd. The rest are CPU teams. Then, when Liverpool are against Newcastle, I will control Liverpool and all three of them will control Newcastle. Get it now?

It means you're always playing for something.
AbsoBLOODYlutely
What a waste if you and a mate can't do a tournament and play as the CPU against each other. That's the bread and butter of multiplayer if you ask me(at least before XBL came along). I hope your inquiries get somewhere, this really upsets me too. P.S can this be fixed in a XBL update.

Steve Sidwell gets a higher rating than Yossi Benayoun?

Shevchenko is obviously better than 81, everyone knows he just isn't suited to the EPL

Arbeloa should be more like an 80

Carragher is better than R.Ferdinand without a doubt, well he should be reflected so in the stats anyway

C.Ronaldo only 88? He's one of the top players in the world, why not in the 90's? What does a player have to be to get in the 90's?

Who's Anderson at Man Utd? 82 is a high rating considering he's not a seasoned regular? But Fletcher, who is crap but plays a fair few games, only gets 73?

O'Shea also should be around the 80 mark

Adebayor should be a bit higher, as should Crouch

Fabregas should be around 88, Rosicky about 82

Toure should be around 87-88

Some odd stats, but mostly about right :)
get the out of here, carrgher better then rio, a little biased aint you :)

whos anderson? ok dude

Or just do a 4 team cup/league.

It is a shame for the multiplayers among us as its a lot of fun. Although tbh, in pes we tried that aswell and the singleplayer could win each time because 3 on a single team is very confusing. But even so, you should be able to do it!

What me and my friends do in PES is... Say you're going to do a Premier League and there's four of us. I will go Liverpool, they will go Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd. The rest are CPU teams. Then, when Liverpool are against Newcastle, I will control Liverpool and all three of them will control Newcastle. Get it now?

jack community mode kicks ass in WEJLCC, if its in pes 2008 you will love that feature. It keeps track of 1 v 1 matches, 2 v 2 matches, you can start a cup with your mates only, you can even start an entire season with injuries, cards and player stats kept. Im in a league with 11 guys we all play each other twice, and you can play anygame at anytime so you dont all have to be there all the time. right now im in first with spurs... have FIFA copy this mode its awesome

konami did the same shit with PES 5. you cant chose controllers pre match. you have to start the match and then you can control the cpu team with the 2nd controller. this is a go around and you cant do any formations and tactics for the 2nd team. this sucks.

I think konami and EA are doing this because the dont want the player to cheat himself to earn the achievements. regarding this I can only say fuck the achievements and give me full control over the game and let me play it the way I want it to be played!

Gomito, you can do that with the online leagues in FIFA 08. It keeps your stats and everything, it looks amazing. But you can't do it offline, that's what upsets me. I'm not into playing a four-team league, I want to play different teams every game - but I will be lobbying EA on this and hopefully they will patch it, although it's doubtable.

I think konami and EA are doing this because the dont want the player to cheat himself to earn the achievements. regarding this I can only say fuck the achievements and give me full control over the game and let me play it the way I want it to be played!
Yep, that's how I feel. There's another sports game, I forget which one, but if you put the controller to the other side it says "if you do this then you won't be able to earn any achievements during this match, do you want to continue?" THAT is how it should be in FIFA 08.

Holy crap - that sounds like loads of fun and I can't believe I've never known about this or thought of doing it before!!!!

I'm guessing they removed the feature due to the 360 version and how you'd be able to cheat to win the leagues/cups.

That does sound awesome so i hope its added back in. Especially on the PS3 as it doesn't make a lick of difference if you cheat

alright guys.

I was wondering if this game has an edit mode? so after the xmas transfers i will be able to do the changes?

Thanks!

yes it has. not as deep as PES but you can transfers for sure

I believe that the XBOX360 and PS3 will get an update on January to do them all automatically (There will be one when the game releases for the summer transfers which aren't on disc)

Holy shit what a good fucking game. Is this really a FIFA game?

Better than PES2007 no doubt.

The only thing that kills the mood for me are the nets!!!! FUcking stupid steel nets, the FIFA trademark.

Otherwise, the animations, the fluidity, the passing system... PERFECT!!

EDIT: Holy shit I just scored the best goal ever, off the bar. The Dynamic camera makes this game beautiful.

I'm converted after playing 2 demo matches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

The BIGGEST thing I notice right away with the demo of the game is the running and turning animations they are amazingly good. Then theres everything else the dribbling the way players jostle it's just a really great simulation of the sport...

also, can you change who you control on the shooting thing before the match starts? I'd rather be blastin em in with stevie to be honest!

also, can you change who you control on the shooting thing before the match starts? I'd rather be blastin em in with stevie to be honest!

Do you mean the arena where Ronny is?, if so - well you could in NG Fifa 07 so i would imagine so.

Is the PS3 version better than the PS3 demo that ia available?

360 is great going by the demo

I have a 30-question FAQ going up in ten minutes or so, all questions asked from Evo-Web (I love you guys ;)). Stay tuned to the blog.

I have a 30-question FAQ going up in ten minutes or so, all questions asked from Evo-Web (I love you guys ;)). Stay tuned to the blog.

cheers looking forward to some Questions been answered

Back
Top Bottom