FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

I would like a pic of every sheffield wednesday player as well as their full stats so I can make a start fixing everything ;)
Haha, yeah, I should say, no stats/picture questions please. Sorry but that takes hours when you get a hundred people asking if a second-division German striker has a shot rating of over 80 and if we can take a photo to prove it.

Sorry mate, I see what you mean now. I rarely use long balls so I didn't know what you meant but I understand now. Shame, you should be able to do that really.

I've not seen a goalkeeper try to head the ball in 200 games though... Thankfully!

ok jack!!!!!!!
i would love to see the game, that kind of passes that gerard and many others players do tht the ball go very fast with beautiful spin and close to the ground... normally when they invert the ball from one side to another taking the defense open in the other side!!!
i don´t see much long balls hitting the ground...
almost 100% of my long balls find the chest or the head of players...
i would love to see more long passes hiting in the ground... passes in the open space. you know what i mean??
i can do this things in WE but just using the manual pass...

It's ok I was joking ;)
I know but it's a good job you were as I would have forgot to say that otherwise...!

i don´t see much long balls hitting the ground...
almost 100% of my long balls find the chest or the head of players...
i would love to see more long passes hiting in the ground... passes in the open space. you know what i mean??
Yeah, I agree with you actually. In real-life players let the ball bounce and put their foot in the air to first-touch it down to the ground, if you know what I mean. You're right, that should happen more often.

Regarding the goalies, i cant say ive seen any of those mistakes in about 100 halves now. And they have been improved slightly (Jamie's second Joe Booth email) so i dont think it will be much of an issue. Oh and that 4th "bug" looked fine to me, Seen a couple of those in real matches aswell.

As for the longball passes, has anybody tried the same button combo's that you can use with shooting? RT for finess/LB for power/LT for chip? Maybe it works the same way. Apologies if this question has already been asked/anwsered, didnt see it when browing through the last couple of pages.

Regarding the goalies, i cant say ive seen any of those mistakes in about 100 halves now. And they have been improved slightly (Jamie's second Joe Booth email) so i dont think it will be much of an issue. Oh and that 4th "bug" looked fine to me, Seen a couple of those in real matches aswell.

As for the longball passes, has anybody tried the same button combo's that you can use with shooting? RT for finess/LB for power/LT for chip? Maybe it works the same way. Apologies if this question has already been asked/anwsered, didnt see it when browing through the last couple of pages.

on what controller config are those buttons mate?

http://nextgenfifa.wordpress.com/2007/09/20/scooreys-fifa-08-experience/#comment-34

The reply didn't realy answer my question, or am I just misinterpriting the reply?

Q:RockyJJP said:
Sorry, but in the demo you couldn’t change the camera for two player games, was default as tele cam.Is this the case for the final released version? or can the camera be changed for two player games?
If you know pls tell.
Thanx again excellent post.

A:Jay Buchanan and Scoorey said:
in the demo you can change the camera for 2 players, unless u choose pro, which switches back to tele automatically

I have seen around 4 bugs(if you can call them that) in around 100 halves, which is perfectly acceptable to me.If the final version has tweaked this even more then I cannot see there being any problem.

There is a good point made earlier about tha sort of sliced half volley cross field pass that sort of glides with pace about 6" off the floor.You cannot seem to do that, its either along the floor or miles up in the air.Not that fussed though cus I am too busy thinking about my next move.

Game looks and plays lovely.

I have seen around 4 bugs(if you can call them that) in around 100 halves, which is perfectly acceptable to me.If the final version has tweaked this even more then I cannot see there being any problem.

There is a good point made earlier about tha sort of sliced half volley cross field pass that sort of glides with pace about 6" off the floor.You cannot seem to do that, its either along the floor or miles up in the air.Not that fussed though cus I am too busy thinking about my next move.

Game looks and plays lovely.

It cant be compared to the CG version,
i found one bug per game :(

One week to go.....can we all really last that long.....im arranging a coach pick up Saturday to go round to Jack's gaff to play the game, let me know if you wish to get yourself a seat :lmao:

Of course I need to pick up some of the world famous "Angus" burgers for the FIFA BBQ Party :lol:

Pick up in Ramsgate please! You can take me straight from work :lol:

Cammey, I think I'm gonna have to do the same mate. It's actually now starting to piss me off, which is not what I want at all. I think the response times are getting to me a little, hopefully they will definately be improved in the final version!

Pick up in Ramsgate please! You can take me straight from work :lol:

Cammey, I think I'm gonna have to do the same mate. It's actually now starting to piss me off, which is not what I want at all. I think the response times are getting to me a little, hopefully they will definately be improved in the final version!

Yup fingers crossed.

I have been playing Tiger Woods to try and pass the time.

I'm gonna have to stop playing too!

Was trying hard last night to time tricks and found if I moved the right stick alot slower (i.e. deliberately diagonal left and right, rather than flicking it), I had a lot more success with tricks.

If the full game improves on this timing as suggested, then its not worth persevering with it until we have the full game.

Still, good US update on PSN yesterday, so been playing SKATE (superb), Stuntman and Sega Rally!

I've just seen a review in the Belgian OPM: 88%.
The news (for me) is that:

- by the end of the year there will be free DLC: the possibility to play 5 against 5.
- the "Be a Pro" mode sucks big time (before there is a fatwah, says OPM)

Back
Top Bottom