FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

i've played the demo nearly 200 times i reckon (it's a bit sad i know but i love football games). i've scored probably about 150 goals in the 200 demo halves and have noticed about 5-10 goalkeeping errors ranging from "what a retard!" to "the keeper maybe should've done better".

if the keepers have improved even marginally in the final game then i'll be cool with that, if they haven't improved at all the honestly i'm still ok with it

Another thing, in the blog, it said the cameras were the same as the demo, does this mean you can't change the camera for two player games. because in the demo the camera couldn't be changed for two player games.
I hope this is not the case. If anyone knows if the camera can be changed for multiplayer, pls let me know this is kinda worrying me.

Not trying to plug the site, honestly, but at FIFASoccerBlog.com I've just posted up a list of the new features from current-gen FIFA (CLICK HERE). Now I know you're thinking "so what, this is the next-gen thread, you CLOD!!", but there's an example picture of a formation from last year's FIFA and a formation from this year's FIFA, and the database EA use is implemented across the formats - so it should apply to the next-gen game as well. Quite a difference to have custom formations implemented (and the pictures are direct from EA so, proof that they are there).

Yeah, I doubt it there won't be custom formations. That would seriously suck.

Btw, I don't like that review. He should focus more on the better response times and such. Goalkeepers aren't great, but it's not like they are total losers.

The only thing that get on my tits slighty is when you put an angled cross into the box and your player chests it when you have already pressed shoot

Another thing, in the blog, it said the cameras were the same as the demo, does this mean you can't change the camera for two player games. because in the demo the camera couldn't be changed for two player games.
I hope this is not the case. If anyone knows if the camera can be changed for multiplayer, pls let me know this is kinda worrying me.
You can, of course. It's just disabled for the demo, but you can in the retail version.

EDIT: Oh wait a minute, hold on, you mean that if you plug two pads in the camera is suddenly locked? That's a bit strange, they haven't done that before! I didn't even know, I thought you were referring to the multiplayer camera option that's greyed out (because it's for online play)!

I'll ask about that, that is very strange...

You can, of course. It's just disabled for the demo, but you can in the retail version.

EDIT: Oh wait a minute, hold on, you mean that if you plug two pads in the camera is suddenly locked? That's a bit strange, they haven't done that before! I didn't even know, I thought you were referring to the multiplayer camera option that's greyed out (because it's for online play)!

I'll ask about that, that is very strange...

Yes that's my question and my FEAR. I think that would be so very stupid if it was locked, the tele cam is just too far for me and dynamic is perfect. but you can't change this for two player games and this could really influence my decision on buying the game.:-(

EDIT: I've just noticed, if you go to the options before the match kicks off, the description of "MULTIPLAYER CAMERA" (which is locked for the demo) reads: "this is the camera used for all offline multiplayer matches".

So you will be able to change it in the final version of the game, I guarantee you.

Last edited:

EDIT: I've just noticed, if you go to the options before the match kicks off, the multiplayer camera description (which is LOCKED for the demo) is "this is the camera used for all offline multiplayer matches".

So you will be able to change it in the final version of the game, I guarantee you.

I know, there's no reason that you shouldn't be able pick your camera for offline multiplayer.
But the fact that it isn't in the demo has go me sweating a bit.
But I hope your right Mr Bauer. I hope it's just a demo bug.

It is in the demo, it's just disabled. In the final game it won't be, why would it be? "Here's an option you can never use?" :)

It will be there.

EDIT: I've just noticed, if you go to the options before the match kicks off, the description of "MULTIPLAYER CAMERA" (which is locked for the demo) reads: "this is the camera used for all offline multiplayer matches".

Thanx for the confidence booster brother. I'll take your word for it.
In jack we trust!\\:o/

OMG!!!!
No camera angles and NO CUSTOM FORMATIONS is a huge mistake from EA!!!!
about goalkeepers, i don´t see nobody posting this but i've noticied 3 or 4 times in the demo...:
if you get pressing Y button to the goalkeeper leave in the crosses, he try to HEAD the ball!!! WTF!??? very annoying!!!
about long balls, i would like to see a button that you can make long balls more fast. i'm thinking the long balls are much higher and slow!!
i like the ideia in WE that you can use fast long balls just pressing the B button or ANS and if you want more higher and slow ball just press RT when you do a pass...

Yea, I (kind of) understand what you're saying, it would indeed be good to have a different button for a long, arrowed pass, as opposed to a high looping pass.

about long balls, i would like to see a button that you can make long balls more fast. i'm thinking the long balls are much higher and slow!!
I thought that was in?

If you press the cross button twice there's a lower, harder cross, isn't there (and if you press it three times it's along the floor)?

hes taking about a cross field pass in which you have to fully power the cross button

so you cant double or triple tap

OMG!!!!
No camera angles and NO CUSTOM FORMATIONS is a huge mistake from EA!!!!

In the demo, on the formation screen, it does show "Default" - surely that wouldn't be there if there wasn't an option to do the usual "RB" to go to custom on the final release?!

In the demo, on the formation screen, it does show "Default" - surely that wouldn't be there if there wasn't an option to do the usual "RB" to go to custom on the final release?!
Good spot. :thumbup:

I thought that was in?

If you press the cross button twice there's a lower, harder cross, isn't there (and if you press it three times it's along the floor)?

yeah!!
i mean from crosses i can find a better way from fast crosses, but to long balls (no crosses) i can´t...
the ball go always very slow in my guess...
i try to use B + shoulders buttons and Y + LB and i can say that i don´t find any options to do that...

yeah!!
i mean from crosses i can find a better way from fast crosses, but to long balls (no crosses) i can´t...
the ball go always very slow in my guess...
i try to use B + shoulders buttons and Y + LB and i can say that i don´t find any options to do that...
Sorry mate, I see what you mean now. I rarely use long balls so I didn't know what you meant but I understand now. Shame, you should be able to do that really.

I've not seen a goalkeeper try to head the ball in 200 games though... Thankfully!

I think he means long passes, not crosses JB

yes!!
long passes, no crosses!!

sorry that my english is very bad!!!
many times i don´t find the correct words to explain my points!!!
but this forum is sooooooo great that i still trying to participate and show my view about the things discussed here!!!
i read every post this thread!!
i love to see how people here analysed the game looking for a realistic soccer simulation!!!
we don´t have a forum with so good members and so good discuss here in brazil!!!
because off that i risk me in trying to make me understand in english!!!
i still keep on trying!!!:)
evoweb is a great community!!!!!!!:applause:

What's the confusion about custom formations? All a bit confusing?

If someone is asking if there are custom formations in singleplayer then the answer's yes, multiplayer I don't know about.....

If anyone wants to send me a message on FIFASoccerBlog.com (where it says "Chris Davies" on the right, click "Email Me"), with a list (as big as you want) of what you want to know about the final version, I'll be happy to work through it and answer everything when we get the promo version of the game - which should be arriving this Saturday, but could be Monday or Tuesday if EA don't have enough to go around (in which case some of the guys in the territories where it's released early might be the first to get it).

I've seen lots of things in this thread that people want answering but if you email me so I can make one big list of them then I can post it on the website and tick everything off when the game arrives.

No stats questions or "take a picture of this" questions though, please. :)

Last edited:

There was custom formations in Fifa 07

the only downside was that in 2 player you could only do it 1 at a time instead of both together

Back
Top Bottom