FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

I've given up on this demo.

Not because I don't love the game but moreso I'm totally fed up of the restrictions of the demo package.

4 minutes on that difficulty is not enough time to develop any patterns of play and so I've deleted the demo.

I need to quit it for the sake of my sanity, my marriage and my health 'cause if I keep playing this every night until 1am then [a] I'm gonna die with exhaustion, I'm going to go insane from the constant intesity with which I'm trying to master the game and [c] my sex life will be as distant a memory as my recall on enjoying Pro Evo ahead of FIFA.

So with that, I wish you well and I'll see you all next Friday when we can get our hands on the full game.

Yeah the demo restrictions are annoying.

I just get going when the whistle blows.

I reckon people will be playing the full game by next Wednesday.

I would rather it had been a 6 minute game but with fixed teams like PES4 had I think (England versus Argentina).

Restrictions are there to leave you wanting more I know but the above would not have stopped anyone buying the full game.

But, well, if we're playing by Wednesday (do you mean via retail?) then that would be cooooooool.

I would rather it had been a 6 minute game but with fixed teams like PES4 had I think (England versus Argentina).

Restrictions are there to leave you wanting more I know but the above would not have stopped anyone buying the full game.

But, well, if we're playing by Wednesday (do you mean via retail?) then that would be cooooooool.

Yeah I think some lucky people will manage to buy the game early.

And giving us 6 teams just makes te demo even more frustrating if that makes sense.

Totally agree - with 6 teams you find yourself going "oh, just one more game, if i play as Inter and change their formation then maybe I'll beat, erm, Americas this time" (or more realistically "have more than one shot")!

I've never tracked FIFA retail release before but I know that generally we have been able to get Pro Evo the day before the release date so I'd be happy with that for FIFA next week.

Then the first thing I'm gonna do is play a friggen 30 minute match on Novice just to satisfy my ego and restore some confidence that I am not a total dick when it comes to playing footy games!

Totally agree - with 6 teams you find yourself going "oh, just one more game, if i play as Inter and change their formation then maybe I'll beat, erm, Americas this time" (or more realistically "have more than one shot")!

I've never tracked FIFA retail release before but I know that generally we have been able to get Pro Evo the day before the release date so I'd be happy with that for FIFA next week.

Then the first thing I'm gonna do is play a friggen 30 minute match on Novice just to satisfy my ego and restore some confidence that I am not a total dick when it comes to playing footy games!

:lol:

Totally agree mate. :D

Yep I am not playing any more games, I am just practicing in the arena with tricks, slow dribble, shooting and control.Should help in the match when trying to turn quickly.

Yeh just when you get into the game it pulls the plug, the only real constant enjoyment is arena.
Also I play on Dynamic camera, it changes the game completely I feel, it makes it 100x better.

I want to delete my demo, but im gripped and I cant let go.

Hurray up shopto.net get some stock in!!

I quit playing the games and just started practicing the skills in all directions. works wonders. Or I put ronaldinho at right center back and see if i can dribble all the way down the pitch using the tricks.

Last edited:

:lol: Quality. I don't think I'll go that far but I'll be playing a few exhibition matches to get used to it that's for sure.

Going back to Manager Mode again, it's been said that the equivalent of the Champions League is the same format as the real CL, which is fantastic to hear, and can I just also ask, are the CL Groups more realistic? For example, no teams from the same country in the same group? And no more than 2 BIG teams in one group?

Because on ML WEFA Championships (:8):) I remember every time there would be like 3 teams from the same league in the same WEFA Group, which pissed me off.

Just tried the dynamic cam (V1) and whilst I dont like the zoomed in view a great deal, it does give something else to the game!

Yep, same. I'm fed up with it and I switch the console off, then an hour later I'm back on it and begging for forgiveness. Then I draw 0-0 again and I switch it off...

Without meaning to sound like "Swiss Tony" - it's like you're in a bedroom with a dozen beautiful and dutiful women - everyone's naked but everytime you get near them to start "the business" they say "come back in 5 minutes and we'll start again" - AARGGGHHH!!

Feeling the same about the demo, very frustrating that is only 4mins. And ive always managed to get the pes games 2 or 3 days before release, so ill probably be playing it on the tuesday or wednesday :D

Going back to Manager Mode again, it's been said that the equivalent of the Champions League is the same format as the real CL, which is fantastic to hear, and can I just also ask, are the CL Groups more realistic? For example, no teams from the same country in the same group? And no more than 2 BIG teams in one group?

Because on ML WEFA Championships (:8):) I remember every time there would be like 3 teams from the same league in the same WEFA Group, which pissed me off.

If it's similar to 07 PS2 then there's a chance the groups won't be realistic, at least with there being so many leagues compared to PES' ML you have a much better chance of meeting different teams :)

EA's Singapore site are still showing September 28th for the Xbox 360 version so I've got everything crossed, the wife and I are going to Malaysia from Mon-Fri next week for a vacation so we actually travel back during the night of the 27th, arriving 28th back in Singapore, would be rather nice to be able to dump the bags, take a shower, nip out and pick up the game :)

If it's similar to 07 PS2 then there's a chance the groups won't be realistic, at least with there being so many leagues compared to PES' ML you have a much better chance of meeting different teams :)

Thanks. Hmm, sounds a bit dodge though. Don't EA own the license for the Champions League game? And if this is the case, is the only reason they won't put the official CL in Manager Mode because they can make more money by releasing a whole separate game with just CL, called Champions League? Pathetic if it's true :(

Thanks. Hmm, sounds a bit dodge though. Don't EA own the license for the Champions League game? And if this is the case, is the only reason they won't put the official CL in Manager Mode because they can make more money by releasing a whole separate game with just CL, called Champions League? Pathetic if it's true :(
Actually, the license stipulates that the UEFA CL content can only be included in a seperate game. No idea why but I've got an interview somewhere in my favourites where Joe Booth confirms it.

That's why they include the custom tournament creator though, you can still create it outside of the career mode (and the ECC - as they call it - in manager mode is close enough).

Me and 3 mates have a dedicated PES night once week, all playing for the same team in the master league, but after playing the demo I'm seriously thinking of buying this game and trying to convert my mates.

A couple of things would help a lot, can somebody please answer a couple questions?

1. Can you set the manual/assisted passing etc. independently for each joypad? So if one person likes manual and the other likes auto then they can be set seperately?

2. Can you alter the skill level at anytime time during the master league (or whatever fifa calls it)

I'm thinking to win my mates over they are gonna have to start with everything fully auto, but gradually make it more manual as they get used to it (we havent played fifa since '98), whereas I want 'my' controller to be set as manual as possible.
Also it would help if we can drop the level down to novice for a few games if we are struggling, without having to start a new league...

Actually, the license stipulates that the UEFA CL content can only be included in a seperate game. No idea why but I've got an interview somewhere in my favourites where Joe Booth confirms it.

That's why they include the custom tournament creator though, you can still create it outside of the career mode (and the ECC - as they call it - in manager mode is close enough).

Oh yeah! I forgot about the custom tournament creator. It was already in the last Fifa I played (2001) but PES annoyed me to dead with their limited custom tournament options.

Are there still endless possibilities? For example, 2 groups of 8 big teams from all competition. First 4 go through. And is het possible to recreate the old CL structure, with 2 group stages?

Oh yeah! I forgot about the custom tournament creator. It was already in the last Fifa I played (2001) but PES annoyed me to dead with their limited custom tournament options.

Are there still endless possibilities? For example, 2 groups of 8 big teams from all competition. First 4 go through. And is het possible to recreate the old CL structure, with 2 group stages?
From what we've been told about the tournament creator it's the same as on current-gen, meaning you can recreate a perfectly authentic Champions League with two legs in the group stages etc. (or like you said, create whatever you want, two groups of eight or whatever).

My only problem with the tournament creator is that, for a Champions League, you can't say "don't mix teams from the same country", so I spend ten minutes pressing the randomise button before I'm happy with the groups.

me too i played about 80 halves ut have not played for a whole day now , i really cant wait for the game to be released .... (only 8 days ) .. also who gets the game early will he give us some info on response time and nets etc???

You people are fed up with the demo, i can't even try it...it isn't on the Belgian PSN...and i don't know how to register on the Brittish PSN...Well maybe we will have the game sooner...

gerd just sign up normally but make it sound like u live in england etc ... I DID MY AMERICAN ADRESS AND I PUT AN ADRESS OF A HOTELS IN TIMES SQUARE NEW YORK :D

Gerd its not so difficult take just an english adress google it
Add a new user, go to network log in, use the adress and voila.

do this for Jap and USA and your done you have all the shops

and by the way belgium PSN, I thought we had european and UK and US and Jap..................

Back
Top Bottom