FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

"US League

As the Lead Profile in a single player game win the MLS in Manager Mode"

Sure, I'll do this...

:)

Edit, this should depend on your region. As I'm Portuguese, this should change to the Portuguese league.

No the quote you took is from 08, you cannot see standings and scorers and such from all other leagues, which indeed is a big, big shame, I'd be more than happy to have a "processing other scores" after each of my matches so that we can then have proper simulated matches in the world around us.

We also have to remember EA do publish a football management game so they unfortunately will never, ever add ooddles of management stuff sadly :(

I guess what would be nice is if they could find some way to merge the two games, so if you want only playable football you buy Fifa, if you want only a management game you buy Premier Manager or whatever their management game is called, but if you want a management game where you actually play your matches you buy both, I think that'd be worth £60 or whatever of anyone's money? :)

At least its not the Masterleague
I only play single player and the masterleague so not buying another PES until they improve it as i know i get bored after 2/3 seasons.

Just had a weird bug appear in a game against my brother. I was playing as Man Utd and my brother Barca. He fouled Ronaldo at the edge of the box and just as it changed to the view behind Ronaldo to take the free kick, his keeper came running out of the box and booted the ball into Ronaldo! Thankfully, it fell to Hargreaves to put into an empty net but it was weird to say the least. Anybody else had this happen?

Might as well post this goal I scored, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDIzwRgF28A
One of the first long range efforts I've had go in, I was quite chuffed when it did!

Last edited:

about manager mode, i just hope we can play it multiplayer like in the franchise mode of madden or nhl.
i would love to be able to coach 2 or more teams from diferent leagues.

At least its not the Masterleague
I only play single player and the masterleague so not buying another PES until they improve it as i know i get bored after 2/3 seasons.

I'm surprised anyone can last 3 seasons of masterleague.
Sports games in general are pointless in single player for me because the CPU is so predictable.
Both FIFA and PES seem to have good AI this year though, so I hope I can return to the days of SWOS which I loved in single player.

How can baseball have a world series? ;)

Isnt the world series named after a newspaper named 'the world?'

Its like the 'barclays' premiership.

Just a worthless peice of information burning time away till we get our game :)

I think im going to get the game on xbox 360 now - lots more people seem to have360' than ps3's. Unless the ps3 fifa league starts ill be changing i thnk.

I think im going to get the game on xbox 360 now - lots more people seem to have360' than ps3's. Unless the ps3 fifa league starts ill be changing i thnk.

To me personally, more important than most people owning the 360 is the fact that the controller is more suited to it. You're forced to run with R2 or RT, which is a bit slippery on the PS3.

Also, It's more confortable to play with the analog on the 360.

I'll get FIFA on 360 and PES on PS3 (dpad).

I think FIFA will sell more on PS3 it doesnt have to compete with Halo 3....

Just had a weird bug appear in a game against my brother. I was playing as Man Utd and my brother Barca. He fouled Ronaldo at the edge of the box and just as it changed to the view behind Ronaldo to take the free kick, his keeper came running out of the box and booted the ball into Ronaldo! Thankfully, it fell to Hargreaves to put into an empty net but it was weird to say the least. Anybody else had this happen?

Might as well post this goal I scored, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDIzwRgF28A
One of the first long range efforts I've had go in, I was quite chuffed when it did!

the same GOALKEEPERS bug

i'm very disappointed...

the same GOALKEEPERS bug

i'm very disappointed...

how is that a bug its more positioning of the keeper (AKA DONI of Roma vs UTD last year in the champions league that happens in real life...)

how is that a bug its more positioning of the keeper (AKA DONI of Roma vs UTD last year in the champions league that happens in real life...)

He ran out of his box and booted the ball at the player about to take the free kick?

dunno whats happened to my demo. Yesterday it was rock hard to score, with any team i was playing, i switched it off then rebooted it later. and now my controller doesnt work with it properly. I can do everything bar sprint. Everytime i use the right trigger he just does that side shuffle move but wont sprint. But my controller worked fine with pes, but wouldnt work at all with UCL.

Today i put it on and i still have the same problem, now the game seems slower and the a.i seems really docile.

Ask him about super-cancel, I'd like it to be like PES, as in, get players out of rails. Also response times. But the biggest issue right now, for me, is the GK A.I.

Super cancel is a great idea, but I don't want it to be like in PES where it's broken.

Last edited:

I am arranging the ps3 league get in on the thread if you already haven't ill be updating it soon.

K, played it some more. Right, the bad. They REALLY need to fix the lack of control when recieving the ball. Another bad thing is the total lack of control when it comes to heading. I've conceeded so many goals because I've not been able to do the most basic of movements to get in a better heading position. Apart from that, it's good shit. If they fixed those 2 complaints, this would demolish PES, as it is, it's just better than PES.

Back
Top Bottom