FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Dr Force. How come you have a Notts Forest logo but are a Man U fan?.

OK, My late farther was a Forest fan and whent all over europe etc in the late 70's and early 80's.I was always a Man U fan but I was raised in nottingham for over 20 years, so I have a soft spot for them.

You could say I support United but i am a fan of Forest.

You should support Leicester Dr Force, just to complicate the matters :lmao:

I agree, other than Stranglehold, ive bought my games from Shopto.net, great reliable service always here early.

how many penaly kick variation are there? i only no the normal PK and the chip am i missing something?

There is the normal shot, the chip and the placement (finesse), some are talking about an extra hard shot by holding down LB (the jostle button for new alternative config), so it might mean there's actually 4 penalty shot types, normal, blast, finesse, chip, so much variation because of course you can choose the power and direction of all of those, my first penalty I did a chip down the centre and he just batted it away for a corner, I was gutted, never failed me before ;)

Thanks Placebo for your response , i really cant wait to play this game. The game gonna cost me about 500 Euros but i dont care :D

I can't wait either, I swear I'm losing sleep thinking about how wonderful it's gonna be starting manager mode with Sheffield Wednesday :)

sorry dude i didnt realise it was in older versions, im a pro evo fan thats been converted so just finding out, can i just ask how do u do the finnesse penalty?

Nothing to apologise for :)

It depends which config you're using and I guess 360 or PS3, I use new alternative on 360 and the finesse button is RB, hold that and shoot and you use the side of your foot for placement rather than power, you can use it for regular shooting, freekicks as well as penalties :)

You should support Leicester Dr Force, just to complicate the matters :lmao:

I agree, other than Stranglehold, ive bought my games from Shopto.net, great reliable service always here early.

looking at it, it is all a bit confusing lol:shock:

Anyway, I am off to work now chaps:( zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

OK, My late farther was a Forest fan and whent all over europe etc in the late 70's and early 80's.I was always a Man U fan but I was raised in nottingham for over 20 years, so I have a soft spot for them.

My Dad was also a Forest fan, he actually grew up a Derby fan as he's from Uttoxeter but "followed" Clough to Forest with his allegiance and was a Forest fan up until he died in 1993.

My Dad was also a Forest fan, he actually grew up a Derby fan as he's from Uttoxeter but "followed" Clough to Forest with his allegiance and was a Forest fan up until he died in 1993.

You never know Paul, our fathers ma have actually met in all those years:shock:, My Dad died in 1998 from a stomach ulcer,I miss him so much:(

Anyway, dot get me started as I will be crying over my keybard and that would not be a good start t the days work (which I am now late for):roll:

Can your wall be moved on a free kick? And when you say put a player on the line, do you mean the player you're controlling?

Penalties are easy, but very good, keeper has only saved one of mine, and I took loads, and that was down the middle.

Can your wall be moved on a free kick? And when you say put a player on the line, do you mean the player you're controlling?

I don't believe your wall can be moved, just told to jump with X

And yes I mean quickly select a tall defender not in the wall, then move him to whichever post you think the AI will shoot at, and try to block the shot with him :)

Crazy how you can't move the wall, I don't see why that isn't an option. Use the right stick or something.

For people who want it next Wednesday.

Go into Dixons or Curry's after 2pm and if you ask at the counter they will look in the back and if its been delivered they usually sell them.

Well yes would be good, should be there, it's one of the little polish things that current gen is getting but next gen isn't such as manual move keepers, keeper red cards, keeper injuries etc. etc. but hopefully we'll start to see them more and more now that they got the 30 leagues and manager mode into the new engine :)

BTW talking of injuries, yesterday I was playing as Bayern Munich, ball was in the air, Klose (me) jumps in the air and challenges for a header, as he's in the air the + icon appears above his name to show he'd picked up a knock whilst challenging in mid air for a header, how awesome is that? No more only getting injured from sliding tackles, even innocuous challenges can result in injuries, never been so happy to see an injury before!

Well yes would be good, should be there, it's one of the little polish things that current gen is getting but next gen isn't such as manual move keepers, keeper red cards, keeper injuries etc. etc. but hopefully we'll start to see them more and more now that they got the 30 leagues and manager mode into the new engine :)

BTW talking of injuries, yesterday I was playing as Bayern Munich, ball was in the air, Klose (me) jumps in the air and challenges for a header, as he's in the air the + icon appears above his name to show he'd picked up a knock whilst challenging in mid air for a header, how awesome is that? No more only getting injured from sliding tackles, even innocuous challenges can result in injuries, never been so happy to see an injury before!

Ok tea break

I played yesterday and left a player rolling around clutching his leg, I played on and he stayed down for ages before slowly getting up and shaking his right leg, It looked fantastic.He was then substituted a little while later.

I've seen recent videos witch show the net movement is greatly improved since the demo:-)
But are there different styles of nets i.e hexagon and square or are they just square.
Thanx

I've seen recent videos witch show the net movement is greatly improved since the demo:-)
But are there different styles of nets i.e hexagon and square or are they just square.
Thanx

Rocky, I did see one vid where they were hexagon type shapes, I cannot remember which one though.

Yea, I love this too - its great now that players can get injured like that. I did one this morning when I sort of bumped into a player and he fell over, then rolled over holding his leg - I looked like I stood on his foot, but I doubt the engine is that good!

Be superb if players can get injured running - i'd love to see that - i.e. get the ball with Ronaldo, turn and sprint then pull up with a hamstring injury...

Be superb if players can get injured running - i'd love to see that - i.e. get the ball with Ronaldo, turn and sprint then pull up with a hamstring injury...

Noooo don't suggest that, some of us would like Owen to be able to play more than 6 matches in a row before injury ;)

Well that's great news. I think it adds realism to the game.
I suggested it in the PES Official Suggestions thread at PESFan and it has been approved. It's actually about to be submitted. Funny, maybe EA has been checking it out and unlike Konami, they are doing something about it ;)

Back
Top Bottom