FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

I had big problems with current gen manager mode on fifa 07 - i took Torquay from the very bottom up to the premiership - i had great stars and my stadium was 1 off the top upgrade spot - YET something dodgy was going on with the money because even when i won the premiership i ended up with little to no cash as a reward!

I was also only offered shitty sponsors at the end of each season so i couldn't get any money that way.

Have they sorted out crap like this on next gen because regardless of the players stats and my manager rating - if a team won the premiership a few years running, got into Europe each season (which we always hear gets a club a ton of money) and wins cups they SHOULD at least get more than £0 as a reward.

good to see your not asking any net, stadium ect questions because they are the least important things we need to know

i totally disagree, the nets are very important, it adds to the GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL! emotion. The nets in the demo take something away from that when they look like the ball was kicked into a basket... PES2008 nets look superb

Hmm. Do you have any idea where they are based? Maybe it's because you're close to them or did the games ship on the Tuesdays?
ShopTo is down London-way - the games shipped on Tuesdays.

It doesn't happen all the time though, with some games they couldn't ship until Thursday. I think it depends on the manufacturer relationship with the retailer - but Tiger Woods is an EA SPORTS game so I would presume they'll be able to send FIFA 08 out early as well.

Hi, these are the things I would like to ask him:

One thing I consider very important is if they plan on releasing patches to fix possible epxloits, critical flaws to the game. That would be great and would show how much effort is EA putting into this game (konami sells patches 6 months after under another name, ehem...). That way, having a stupid glitch in the keeper AI wouldn't ruin the game for all the year, and if it was solved quickly, that would work (at least to me) as a sign of loyalty between the brand and the client (us). Sorry, too much marketing meetings today for me.

And, if they are planning on patches, I guess it will be mandatory to apply them to play online. And, to be picky, they plan on release patches every x months or simply when they detect and solve a given number of errors?

Of course, GK AI and the fact that opponents always play perfect passes should be high priority. Having such a wonderful physics engine, it would be great to have more scrambles just in midfield when your opponent misses a pass. That would also make for more midfield play, just as in reality.

Oh, well, and I would add this: "As a hardcore footie games player... brilliant work! We hardcore gamers really appreciate the effort and the direction this game is taking, going to a more realistic, hard and free experience. Please, keep on it."

That's all from me. Thank you!

Last edited:

I had big problems with current gen manager mode on fifa 07 - i took Torquay from the very bottom up to the premiership - i had great stars and my stadium was 1 off the top upgrade spot - YET something dodgy was going on with the money because even when i won the premiership i ended up with little to no cash as a reward!

I was also only offered shitty sponsors at the end of each season so i couldn't get any money that way.

Have they sorted out crap like this on next gen because regardless of the players stats and my manager rating - if a team won the premiership a few years running, got into Europe each season (which we always hear gets a club a ton of money) and wins cups they SHOULD at least get more than £0 as a reward.

i like your compilation, is just PERFECT

Yeahm Vieira looks like a Wresting animal :D

truth... also materazzi looks like a bull...i know hes big , but he aint that large.
in the other hand kahn and rooney looks totally spot on, rooney evan has his large(but short) legs..

i think they need to take a closer look to some players body shape.. in UCL they seem to look at that a bit more than compared to fifa07..u could see kaka had a skiner body shape... i was hoping in fifa08 most of the star players would look spot on, but viera and materazzi are proving me wrong.

i doubt we will be able to edit body shapes though.. well be luck just to be able to edit generic players apperances(skin color/hair type).

I would recommend ShopTo.net, the link to buy the game is at the top of the forum. It says that they ship internationally for £3.50 but it doesn't go into detail about where they will and won't ship to.

Thanks. Yesterday I did try to sign up on ShopTo and I couldn't activate my account. I'll try again today.

i totally disagree, the nets are very important, it adds to the GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL! emotion. The nets in the demo take something away from that when they look like the ball was kicked into a basket... PES2008 nets look superb

Yep 100% agree with that,takes away a huge chunk of the satisfaction for me when the ball hits a heavy duty rug wall.

It's obvious from the videos that they're great in the retail version though, they wouldn't be so good and then go backwards, so there's no need to ask about them.

Not sure about ShopTo. I don't like how they add your card details to the account so they always have your card information

It's obvious from the videos that they're great in the retail version though, they wouldn't be so good and then go backwards, so there's no need to ask about them.

Is it really????????:shock: I think it is the same old shit that is FIFA. Looks nice plays shite. No depth, no character(like its fanbase) No future!!

the FIFA team should get some ideas from the Madden team when it comes to character models.

Is it really????????:shock: I think it is the same old shit that is FIFA. Looks nice plays shite. No depth, no character(like its fanbase) No future!!
We were talking about nets, not gameplay. Can you get back in your box now? Thanks.

Not sure about ShopTo. I don't like how they add your card details to the account so they always have your card information
All I can say is I've shopped with them for something like a year, possibly two, and I've never had a problem with them. There's been two or three games that have arrived on Friday, one on a Saturday, everything else has arrived between one and three days early. And you're not charged for pre-orders until they're shipped, so you could pre-order from them, and if you've got no email on e.g. Thursday, you can cancel the pre-order. No mess.

We were talking about nets, not gameplay. Can you get back in your box now? Thanks.

LOL! you mean "crawl" back into his box.

I don't know why people are such haters. They need to have their veil removed from their eyes before they can really enjoy this demo. It's been said that the final retail version will be much better than the demo, so for those whoe don't like the demo, wait until the retail version before you pass judgment. I'm sure if you give it time as you do PES, you will find it to be a worthy opponent.

;-)

Last edited:

LOL! you mean "crawl" back into his box.

I don't know why people are such haters. They need to have their veil removed from their eyes before they can really enjoy this demo. It's been said that the final retail version will be much better than the demo, so for those whoe don't like the demo, wait until the retail version before you pass judgment. I'm sure if you give it time as you do PES, you will find it to be a worthy opponent.

;-)

man if the real game is really much better, i cant wait. When i heard some of the blokes were taking off a day of work for this, i thought, man im too old for that.. but now im thinking fuck that biaaaaaaaaaaatch! jflores we should play hokey from work and join up!!! As long as you drink brewskis like me!!!!!

Is a house a box? Its a similar shape, a brick box maybe! :D

The nets look similar to me, they are a horrible colour too, watching Liverpool and Porto now, look at the nets, pure white, no over the top lighting, infact the more I see how far Fifa is off from real life... Its kinda close though, I guess. Its hard, would need the full game to compare night time games :P EA, you should give me it now, so I can compare! :)

Your taking a day off for fifa? Hahaha! Thats terrible :)

Thought I'd dip into this thread!

Jeez, 206 pages of debate from a 4 minute demo! Shows EA have done a great job so far.

I've been a massive PES fan and played them all from way back when it was ISS (and Deluxe) on the SNES. Always gave FIFA a go each year, but it never compared to PES.

BUT, I've been playing the PS3 demo to death and just echo what (positive) comments have been posted here - I love it! It flows so well and on Sunday , after watching the 2 live games on SkyHD, I played some FIFA and hell it looks so real during the match. Obviously replays and close ups suck a bit, but the actual game is a dream.

Cannot wait for the full version (have just pre-ordered from ShopTo - who by the way, for those interested, provide excellent service - no problems).

Only things I dont like at the mo is the response times. I can put up with the dodgy keepers (though not seen too much of it) - just would like that response tightening up to really bring it home.

PES for me this year, is not an automatic buy...

Is Shopto.net the best place to get the game early? beacuase I can get it next Wednesday from my local shop but is there a place to get it even earlier?

ShopTo.net is the place for early shipping, no question, no other site beats it. If it's cheaper on there than at your local shop I'd definitely use them.

Playing it just a few mins ago and it was my best football game ever played,
quite something considering its an early 4min build demo!

Scored two cracking team goals, that were just so un-nervingly realistic. Wish I could or recorded them, they would of had even the diehard PES fanboys appluading. Had me off my seat. The keeper made some blinding saves from snap shots after I worked a bit of space on the edge of the area.

Your brain is constantly working in this game, the satisfaction is scoring a goal is reminiscent of the Pesses of old.. In Pes you have your certain methods that will almost always guarantee goals. 1two's on the edge of the box for instance.

Loving the early crosses too. Love clipping balls in over the top of the defence.

the only stumbling block I can see in this game, is depth, but to be honest, the career mode is stunning so I see no probs there. Could do with a proper super cancel, and the throw-ins are a bit dodgy

Last edited:

man if the real game is really much better, i cant wait. When i heard some of the blokes were taking off a day of work for this, i thought, man im too old for that.. but now im thinking fuck that biaaaaaaaaaaatch! jflores we should play hokey from work and join up!!! As long as you drink brewskis like me!!!!!

Sure bud! I don't drink, but I don't mind getting drunk with FIFA with you all night.

Wait, that didn't come out right.:roll:

Well, you know what I mean.

Last edited:

ShopTo.net is the place for early shipping, no question, no other site beats it. If it's cheaper on there than at your local shop I'd definitely use them.

money is no object tbh but do you think i would get it before wednesday week mate?

money is no object tbh but do you think i would get it before wednesday week mate?
Probably not before Wednesday, probably ON Wednesday (Thursday latest), so if money is no object you'd be better with your local shop them.

Is a house a box? Its a similar shape, a brick box maybe! :D

The nets look similar to me, they are a horrible colour too, watching Liverpool and Porto now, look at the nets, pure white, no over the top lighting, infact the more I see how far Fifa is off from real life... Its kinda close though, I guess. Its hard, would need the full game to compare night time games :P EA, you should give me it now, so I can compare! :)

Your taking a day off for fifa? Hahaha! Thats terrible :)

I do agree with you here. The Square Premier style goal/nets are great..but some of them need to be more solid white in color. Not to mention the different style ones such as the Nou Camp, or Dragao ones. They still need some work, but thankfully it's something that should be an easy fix and hopefully will make it's appearance in this version. If not, for sure then next installment.;-)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom