FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

@ tik(x4)... My thoughts exactly, because as long as we've got a connecion to him, we've got a bigger chance to influence the upcoming releases, with our ideas etc.. :)

if you could dont just mention www.fifasoccerblog.com but also other fifa blogs and fan sites out there like

http://fifa2008.wordpress.com/

and

one me and my friend are working on

http://nextgenfifa.wordpress.com/

yes it wont be as good as fifa soccer blog for quality of writing or layout but we will post news just as much and showcase bugs that some of you may never see :) which we want EA to eradicate for 09 or hopefully already have :)

Right Lads,

Ive decided im going to concentrate on gameplay, which means all graphical related questions im afraid im going to skip, im sure you all feel as a gamer we want to play first and foremost a great game of football. I will give the FIFABLOGS a big shout in the hope we can create a good relationship with the main editor at EA for the FIFA titles, im not promising you anything, that wouldnt be right of me, but i'll try my best to sell it to him.

I'll keep you posted, please note he did respond within 24 hours of my first email, please dont expect answers tonight because i very much doubt it, however you lot will be the second to know (after me of course)

yeah just spotted one or two niggles...bloody Angel scores from every freekick due in part to the keepers dive it isnt good enough to make a save. and sometimes my player runs away from the ball when i pass. minor things mind, its still great.

yeah just spotted one or two niggles...bloody Angel scores from every freekick due in part to the keepers dive it isnt good enough to make a save. and sometimes my player runs away from the ball when i pass. minor things mind, its still great.

Yes he does. And what makes that more annoying is that he was utter garbage at the Villa too!.

good to see your not asking any net, stadium ect questions because they are the least important things we need to know

My biggest fear for EA is they may lose a lot of casual gamers due to the difficulty.

I for one like the game,but after playing it solid,putting in pes was just so much more fun.

Then again,I'm not as hardcore as a lot of you guys.

can u ask him about using the dpad for control please
Good question.

My only issues that haven't been answered are goalkeeper AI issues, whether you can change the buttons (rather than having set schemes), whether you can use the D-PAD, whether you can alter camera zoom.

nah man your wrong if you want to play like casual gamer just set everything to assisted and you have your easy fifa that casual gamers like.

My biggest fear for EA is they may lose a lot of casual gamers due to the difficulty.

I for one like the game,but after playing it solid,putting in pes was just so much more fun.

Then again,I'm not as hardcore as a lot of you guys.

nah casual gamers just have to put evrything to assisted and theyll be fine and having fun.

Ask him about super-cancel, I'd like it to be like PES, as in, get players out of rails. Also response times. But the biggest issue right now, for me, is the GK A.I.

The player locking is a problem for me too on the rare occaision. I find if I set the play switching to the one after 0 it happens a LOT less often. Of course then you have the cpu switching player for you sometimes, annoying but it means I wont be locked down. Needs sorting.

In regards to Jack's post, it was me who was in contact with Joe Booth.

He explained the weaker the teams "star" the more likley a defence will:

a) Leak sloppy goals
b) Lose it's shape
c) create gaps and space to exploit
d) Lose its offside line

Sounds encouraging.

I'd like to know if the lesser teams will also play less well in other areas of the pitch....midfield and attack. It seems to me that they never play a stray pass - their passes are 100% accurate virtually all the time. It would be good to know that some lesser teams will be less precise and cohesive when in possession.

I've tried it a few times and I agree with Airjoca, I don't think it does get them off the rail. Or at least, it doesn't the majority of the time. But I'll keep experimenting with it...

I've tried it a few times and I agree with Airjoca, I don't think it does get them off the rail. Or at least, it doesn't the majority of the time. But I'll keep experimenting with it...

I could be wrong. By the way, do you have a suggestion as to where I can purchase Fifa 08 (PS3) online so I can get it pronto after release in Europe? I am in the US and we have to wait till Oct. 9th. I will eventually get it for the 360 then, but I can't wait that long so I want to get the region free one to play until then. Thanks.

I would recommend ShopTo.net, the link to buy the game is at the top of the forum. It says that they ship internationally for £3.50 but it doesn't go into detail about where they will and won't ship to.

Ask him about edit mode, confirm we can fix all the errors in appearance (face, hair, skintone) for generic players, and ask if these fixes can be made to an already active manager mode save as with PES ;)

Yes, P. Vieria does not look like his real counterpart in the demo, he looks a bit too big. I hope we can edit not only their faces, skin tone, hair, but also the body.

;-)

I would recommend ShopTo.net, the link to buy the game is at the top of the forum. It says that they ship internationally for £3.50 but it doesn't go into detail about where they will and won't ship to.

Do ShopTo orders come on Wednesdays Jack? I order from Gameplay and will most likely get it on Thursday but I'm probably out n Thurs. Is it a risk getting it from ShopTo?

Do ShopTo orders come on Wednesdays Jack? I order from Gameplay and will most likely get it on Thursday but I'm probably out n Thurs. Is it a risk getting it from ShopTo?
I got Tiger Woods 08 and Stranglehold on a Wednesday from ShopTo.

Back
Top Bottom