FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

kk thanks mate, it prob will cost about £40, but im gonna trade in gears anyway

We need more Fifa threads. One about gameplay, one about "where to buy", one about online. Etcetera etcetera. This thread will be a madhouse as soon as it comes out :)

Gameplay are very good for getting games to you a day or two before release.

Also, I have read ShopTo sometimes sell grey imports, which might bother some (even though there is no real difference).

They have great prices though and are really fast to ship orders.

Also, I have read ShopTo sometimes sell grey imports, which might bother some (even though there is no real difference).
Christ, I wouldn't be happy if they sent me a grey import. :| They haven't so far from what I can tell!!

We need more Fifa threads. One about gameplay, one about "where to buy", one about online. Etcetera etcetera. This thread will be a madhouse as soon as it comes out :)

I think I'll shut this thread down once the game actually arrives. So whomever gets FIFA first, please post your impressions somewhere else and I'll close (not erase) this one.

It'd be impossible for someone new to find where to begin amidst this madness.

I think I'll shut this thread down once the game actually arrives. So whomever gets FIFA first, please post your impressions somewhere else and I'll close (not erase) this one.

good idea man...
a sticky "first impressions thread" would be awnsome.

A grey import is a non-counterfeit product imported from another country without the permission of the intellectual property owner.

Some more interesting reading about ShopTo...

Though as I've said, I know loads of people who have bought a lot of things from them and never had a problem and they're always first to be recommended when someone asks for a good site to get cheap games with fast delivery.

Another trick video. The third trick is dirty. I like how the standing still tricks are actually useful in this game unlike some other game.

Video Here

Another trick video. The third trick is dirty. I like how the standing still tricks are actually useful in this game unlike some other game.

Video Here

You could've simply praised this game without taking a jab at the other. I can make some usefull tricks in PES while standing still. If you can't it's because you don't use them properly...

Hopefully me and Jack should have the game this week so look out for first impressions around the weekend. Or visit www.fifasoccerblog.com for the news first.

How did you do it 6 times? It says I have the account but it's not activated yet. It won't let me do a duplicate account. What did you do?

Bah - i just typed out a reply on the ps3 and then had a page timeout message pop up and i lost what i had typed.

I need a usb keyboard for that..

Anyway -- i set up more accounts with different details - i tried 5 times and keptbeing told it needed to be activated but they never sent me any activation emails or did it themselves - i never had a reply from them either after emailing them over and over.

A friend ended up letting me order on his account in the end - so technically i never did get it sorted like i said... err so scratch that. But i sorted it after 5/6 attempts by using a friends.

Though since then i had heard of problems with them and ive not gone back since. It may be cheaper and get to me sooner but i'd rather not risk my money and card details with a site that has complaints - when i can use something like play.com who ive never heard a bad word about and i still get it cheaper than in G@ME.

Its not like getting it wednesday or thursday is going to make a huge difference really

hey guys just wondering if you can shed some positive light on this...
I played FIFA 08 about 10 halves or so and then turned the 360 off to take to a mate's house. I unplugged everything. Then i realised I left a disc in there so plugged in the power cable only and turned the thing back on..only to get..for the first time ever..the red ring of death. I then turned it off, plugged in the AV cable and turned it on again..although it was fine and looked as though nothing had happened. I've had my 360 for almost two years now and it's never fucked up until now. Im really hoping the RROD was because i turned it off and then turned it on again so quick it was still hot and didnt wanna start at such a hot temp. Either that or having the AV cable out makes the RROD, which i didnt know...

Please calm my fears!

its because u didnt have the av cable plugged in...

I believe the pace of the game could be a little quicker. Also the computer opponent has scored 5/5 freekicks just outside the area, is there anyway you can defend these? e.g. make your players in the wall jump. Keepers hopefully will be improved for the final game.
Enjoying the demo, well done EA.

I believe the pace of the game could be a little quicker. Also the computer opponent has scored 5/5 freekicks just outside the area, is there anyway you can defend these? e.g. make your players in the wall jump. Keepers hopefully will be improved for the final game.
Enjoying the demo, well done EA.

press X if your on the 360

or square if your on the ps3

for the wall to jump

I always put a defender on the line as well, often helps, the AI scoring freekicks against me is nothing like people are reporting, maybe 1 in 20 at the most :)

Placebo do you think the final version of the game is better from demo.
If yes do you believe the game can get higher in reviews from PES?

It's hard for me to say, I played around 30 mins at GCA and I've played maybe around 50 hours on the demo, so what I remember from GCA has kinda faded and melded into what I see in the demo, for sure we've seen more recent nets in the Gamespot be a pro videos, but if people are saying that the demo is old compared to the full version and that the game is better I can only imagine that as a good thing because for me this is already the best football game I've played in 20 years of playing football games :)

Can it get higher reviews than PES? Sure if they're both judged fairly I think it can and should get higher reviews than PES, it's certainly the fuller game in terms of career mode, online modes, teams etc. etc. It's no secret I have a preference for Fifa over PES now so of course I think Fifa is the much better game, if I reviewed Fifa08 it'd get good scores, if someone who still loves PES reviews Fifa I'm sure it'll get much lower scores.

Many people (and reviewers) are slow to forgive EA for their past sins (of which we all know there are many) so I wouldn't be shocked if some reviewers give Fifa scores like 62% and crap like that, just because they can :)

I always put a defender on the line as well, often helps, the AI scoring freekicks against me is nothing like people are reporting, maybe 1 in 20 at the most :)

Bad result for your boys last night Placebo. Still, be nice to put that right in the final game though!.;)

sorry if it has been posted but has anyone tried the chip penalty (zidane in 06 world cup)? done by holding down left trigger and shoot(on new alternate), aim straight, looks awesome!

Yeah I usually go for the "Panenka", it's been in Fifa's for a long time, one of the nice things about 07 on PS2 (and of course 07/UCL on 360) is the huge variation of penalties you can choose to take, I usually go for either a chipped or finesse placement :)

SpSxxx1 well no great surprise considering our form, sad thing is I think it's gonna mean yet another fired manager which just solves nothing long term when the core issue is lack of money to spend on players......

Thanks Placebo for your response , i really cant wait to play this game. The game gonna cost me about 500 Euros but i dont care :D

Yeah I usually go for the "Panenka", it's been in Fifa's for a long time, one of the nice things about 07 on PS2 (and of course 07/UCL on 360) is the huge variation of penalties you can choose to take, I usually go for either a chipped or finesse placement :)
SpSxxx1 well no great surprise considering our form, sad thing is I think it's gonna mean yet another fired manager which just solves nothing long term when the core issue is lack of money to spend on players......

sorry dude i didnt realise it was in older versions, im a pro evo fan thats been converted so just finding out, can i just ask how do u do the finnesse penalty?

Back
Top Bottom